Sunday, October 20, 2013

Susie is Feeling Sad


“Hey Jake!” called Midge as she came running through the gate and up the steps to where Jake was napping on the porch swing.

“Hi Midge,” said Jake. “What is the hurry this morning? Slow down”

“Oh, Jake,” gasped Midge.

“Slow down and catch your breath,” said Jake. “What is going on?”

“I just saw Booker-T sitting on his porch,” said Midge.

“Doesn't he sit there sometimes?” asked Jake with a puzzled look.

“But this morning Booker-T is very sad,” said Midge.

“Did you talk to him?” asked Jake.

“Yes,” said Midge. “I was getting ready to walk over here and saw him sitting there so I walked over to ask him if he wanted to come with me to your house.”

“And,” said Jake, “What did he say?”

“He is feeling very sad,” said Midge. “And he said he didn't want to come. He was waiting to see Susie.”

“But why is he sad?” asked Jake. “Will you tell me already.”

“Susie is going away for a couple months,” said Midge. “Booker-T will really miss her when she is gone. He is very sad she is going and is waiting there to see her before she goes.”

“Where is Susie going?” asked Jake.

“Booker-T said her owner was going to travel to, I think he said, Germany for work,” said Midge.

“Oh wow, that is long way away, “ said Jake. “How long will she be gone?”

“He said it will be about two months,” said Midge.

“Jake must really be sad about that,” said Jake. “I know he likes having Susie as a friend. Lets go see him.”

“Okay,” said Midge as she started down the steps with Jake right behind her.

They headed out the gate and hurried along the sidewalk to Booker-T's hoping to get there before Susie left so they could tell her good-bye. They found Booker-T sitting on the porch with Susie.

“Hi Booker-T and Susie,” said Jake. “How are you this morning? I heard you are going away Susie.”

“We will miss you when you are gone,” said Midge.

“Good news,” said Booker-T. “She isn't going to go.”

“Oh, that is great,” said Midge. “What happened? Is your owner not going to go now?”

“Oh, yes,” said Susie. “She is still going to go to Germany for two months, but she asked Booker-T's owner if she would watch me for her. So I will be staying here with Booker-T.”

“Wow,” said Jake. “That is good. You are lucky you live close to Booker-T and she can watch over you for your owner.”

“I am happy she will,” said Booker-T. “I would have really missed Susie if she was gone for two months.”

“I know you were very sad this morning when I saw you sitting here,” said Midge.

“When does your owner leave for Germany?” asked Jake.

“She will be leaving this afternoon,” said Susie.. “She brought all my things over here this morning already.”

“I know you will miss her when she is gone,” said Midge. “But I know Booker-T will keep you busy so you won't feel too sad that she isn't here.”

“You all are good friends,” said Susie. “I am so happy I know you all.”

“Thanks Susie, “ said Booker-T. “We all are happy you are our friend too.”

“Do you want to go to the park and play today?” asked Midge.

“We are going to stay here until her owner goes to the airport,” said Booker-T.

“Yes,” said Susie. “After she goes, we can go play.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “That is good. Do you want us to stay and sit with you?”

“That would be really nice Jake,” said Susie. “We can enjoy the morning together. I think she will be going to the airport soon.”

“Did she get a new car?” asked Midge. “That is a pretty red car in your driveway.”

“No,” said Susie. “That is her brother's car. He is going to take her to the airport.”

“Oh, Okay,” said Jake. “I guess they will be going soon.”

“I think so,” said Booker-T. “He just carried two suitcases to the car.”

“I will miss her when she is gone,” said Susie.

“I know you will,” said Midge. “It is hard when someone you love goes away for a while. But she will be back before you know it.”

“I know,” said Susie. “This is the first time she has gone away without me.”

“She has to travel a lot with her job, doesn't she?” asked Booker-T.

“Yes, sometimes,” said Susie. “But the other times she went for only a week or two and she would take me along. We would stay in motels that allow pets. It was really nice to go on the trips with her.”

“I know you like to go with her,” said Midge.

“Yes,” said Susie. “But this time, she will be gone very long time and she is going too far for me to go with her.”

“Don't worry Susie,” said Booker-T. “We are all here for you all the time. We will keep you company while she is gone. We want you to be happy and not be sad.”

“I will try,” said Susie. “But I will miss her every day she is gone. And I will be very happy when she is back home.”

“I know Susie,” said Midge. “Like Booker-T said. Don't worry. We are all here for you. When you are feeling little sad, you let us know and we will try to help make you happy.”

“Thanks,” said Susie as a little tear rolled down her sad cheek.

“Don't cry Susie,” said Booker-T. “Smile, Okay?”

“Okay,” said Susie as she tried to make a smile.

“I think she is going now,” said Jake. “She just locked up the house and is walking to the car with her brother.”

“Oh Jake,” sighed Susie. “I wish she didn't have to go. I want her to never have to go away.”

“She is walking over this way Susie,” said Midge.

Susie's owner climbed the steps to where Susie was sitting and picked her up in her arms and patted her on the head and told her she will miss her sweet little face. She told Susie she will be back soon. She set her back onto the porch next to Booker-T and said good-bye for now. Susie watched her walk across the street and get into the car with her brother. Soon she drove away giving a small wave to Susie.

“Well, she is gone now,” said Susie.

“But she will be back soon,” said Booker-T. “She won't be gone forever. We will keep you busy and you will see, the time will pass by quickly.”

“I hope so Booker-T,” said Susie. “I wish she didn't have to go.”

“Do you want to go to the park and play with Snappy for a while?” asked Jake.

“Okay,” said Susie with a little sadness in her voice.

“Smile Susie,” said Midge. “It will be okay. We are all here for you every day.”

The four of them hurried down the steps and started walking to the park to play with Snappy. They all tried their best to cheer up Susie. They knew she would miss her owner while she was gone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T