Thursday, November 19, 2015

Midge and the Ideas

 “Hey Midge,” greeted Jake as Midge walked through the gate at Jake's house. “What are you doing this morning?”
Hi Jake,” smiled Midge. “Am visiting you this morning.”
Ha ha,” laughed Jake. “We are always visiting each other.”
I know,” said Midge. “I'm happy we are friends.”
Me too,” agreed Jake. “Where is Booker-T this morning?”
He had to go to the vet's this morning,” said Midge. “I saw his owner putting him in the car this morning.”
Seems like not long ago he went,” said Jake. “Time goes fast doesn't it?”

What do you want to do today?” asked Midge.
You, the idea thinker, don't have something you want to do today,” said Jake. “I don't think I have ever seen you without an idea or without something you want to do.”
I know,” smiled Midge. “Amazing isn't it.”
Midge with no plans,” said Jake. “Amazing is to say the least.”
Hey you guys,” greeted Gabby as he flew down from the tree and landed on the railing of the porch. “What is amazing?”
It's amazing that Midge has no idea what she wants to do today,” said Jake.
Hi Gabby,” said Midge.
You don't have any idea today what you want to do?” asked Gabby with a surprised look on his face. “I can't believe it. Isn't this the first in history?”
Ha ha you two,” said Midge.
I can't believe you ran out of ideas,” said Jake.
There must be something left that you want to do,” suggested Gabby. “Lets see. You have tried to fly off the hill and off the roof of the house, you tried to roller skate and that was so funny. You danced for free food at the new cafe, you sneaked into the water park and rode down the slide before getting chased out.”
Hmmm,” said Midge.
You tried dancing in the competition at the gym,” said Jake. “You rode a sled down a snowy hill. Of course you landed head first into the snow bank at the bottom. You rode in the go-cart with your owner's nephew, you dived off a diving board into the pool.”
You helped Booker-T find a home and got a warm place for Snappy to live,” added Gabby. “Lets see, have we left out anything?”
Left out what?” asked Booker-T as he joined the other three.
They were making fun of me because I don't have an idea for something new to do,” said Midge.
We were naming off all of the things she has done,” said Jake. “And today, she has no idea what she wants to do.”
Isn't this the first that she has no idea?” asked Booker-T.
I think so,” said Gabby. “Midge has brain block today.”
Just give me a little time and I will think of something,” said Midge.
We are sure you will,” laughed Jake.
Lets take a walk to the park or how about we walk on over to the school and see what they are building behind the post office,” suggested Booker-T.
Are they going to build something new over there?” asked Midge.
I think so,” said Booker-T. “I heard my owner talking about it on the phone this morning but I didn't hear her say what it was.”
Oh,” said Midge. “Lets go see.”
The three started up the sidewalk with Gabby flying above them. They got to the corner and checked both ways to be sure no cars were coming and then ran across the street. There were a couple of trucks parked behind the post office and men unloading something onto the ground. They inched closer to see what was going on.
Looks like a lot of wood,” said Jake. “Lets go see what that sign says. Maybe it will tell us what they are going to build.”
It says it is going to be a skateboard park,” said Midge. “What is a skateboard park for?”
I think it is where the kids can come and ride their skateboards,” said Jake.
I guess it is safer here than on the streets where they can get hit by a car,” said Booker-T.
But don't you think that picture on the sign looks funny?” asked Midge. “What is that U-shaped thing?”
I think they maybe do tricks on it,” said Jake. “Wow, how do they go up the sides of that thing?”
We will have to come watch them and see what they do on it,” suggested Booker-T.
Maybe I can try,” smiled Midge. “Don't you think that would be fun?”
No,” said Jake. “I think that would be scary and you could fall and get hurt on that thing.”
The wood would sure be harder than the snow bank you went into,” said Booker-T.
You don't even know how to ride a skateboard,” said Jake.
How hard can it be?” asked Midge. “I can put two feet on the board and push it with the other two feet and jump on when it is going fast.”
But how will you get it to go up that U-shape?” asked Jake.
Hmmm, I don't know yet,” said Midge. “Maybe when I get it going fast, it will go up the side of it.”
What are you going to do if it won't go up the side of it?” asked Jake.
I will jump off the board,” said Midge. “That should be easy to do.”
Like when you thought you could jump off the sled,” laughed Jake. “I can still see you feet sticking out of the snow wiggling.”
That was really funny,” laughed Booker-T.
It was really cold,” said Midge.
But it was softer than this ground is if you land on your head,” said Jake. “Did you think of that?”
You don't have a skateboard,” said Booker-T. “How will you try it?”
I will borrow the skateboard my owner's nephew has,” said Midge.
And how will you get it here?” asked Jake.
I will get on the board and you can push me,” said Midge. “You will won't you?”
You know we will,” said Booker-T. “You have to wait til the park is built.”

I will wait,” smiled Midge.

1 comment:

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T