Friday, March 22, 2019

The Lost Bow


Jake and Booker-T walked together to Midge's house. They stood for a moment at the gate and watched Midge pacing back and forth across the porch. She seemed really nervous about something.
They slowly walked toward Midge, who was now searching the front yard.
“What are you doing Midge?” asked Jake.
“I lost my pretty pink ribbon bow, Jake,” said Midge. “My owner won't be happy with me.”
“Where did you see it last?” asked Jake.

“I don't remember,” sighed Midge. “I think I remember having it on my head last night when I came outside to do my duty, but I'm not sure, Jake.”
“We will help you look,” smiled Booker-T. “We are good at finding things,”
“Are you sure?” asked Midge.
“Aren't we good at finding things, Jake?” asked Booker-T.
“We can find it, Midge,” said Jake. “The three of us together will find it. Don't worry.”
“Remember when you lost your bones, Jake?” asked Midge. “You had holes dug all over the back yard. My owner won't be happy if we dig holes all over the yard.”
“I buried my bones,” said Jake. “ So I had to dig to find them. But you didn't bury your ribbon bow did you?”
“Oh no,” said Midge. “Why would I bury my bow?”
“Maybe to hide it from someone,” suggested Booker-T.
“Or maybe to keep it safe,” said Jake.
“I didn't bury my bow in the ground,” said Midge. “It has to be somewhere, but I can't figure out where.”
“Come on guys, Lets start looking,” said Jake.
They looked under the bushes, under the trees, in the front yard and the back, but found no lost bow.
“Don't worry, Midge,” said Jake. “Detective Jake is on the job.”
“Very funny Jake,” laughed Midge. “You watch too many of your owners mystery movies with her.”
“I can play detective too,” said Booker-T. “Did you see the bow this morning?”
“No,” said Midge.
“Did you go to sleep last night with it on your head?” asked Jake.
“I don't remember,” said Midge.
“Was it in your bed this morning when you woke up?” asked Booker-T.
“I didn't sleep in my bed last night,” said Midge. “I slept on my owner's bed.”
“Was it in your owner's bed this morning?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Midge. “All your questions aren't finding my bow. Do the detectives ask so many questions?”
“Yes,” said Jake. “They always want to know where you were during the murder.”
“But I didn't murder anyone,” said Midge. “ I only lost my pink bow.”
“The questions maybe will help us find it,” said Jake.
“How will questions help me find my bow?” asked Midge.
“It lets us know where you were and maybe it is there,” said Jake.
“But all your questions are starting to make me feel like a criminal,” sighed Midge. “I didn't murder my pink bow. I only lost it. Do the detectives have questions for lost things?”
“Where did you see it last,” said Jake. “Would be a good question for a lost bow. “
“You already asked me that question,” said Midge. “I can't remember where I saw it last. I think it was on my head. Why don't we get up and start looking everywhere for it. I'm sure it didn't walk away.”
“Lets go look in the bedroom,” suggested Booker-T. “We don't see it out here.”
“Okay,” said Midge as she turned to go to the back yard.
Suddenly Jake sat down and started laughing. Soon, Booker-T joined him.
“Why are you laughing at me?” asked Midge. “I just want to find my bow.”
“We found your pink bow,” laughed Jake. “It is stuck to your back side.”
“Case solved!” said Booker-T. “Your lost bow is found!”
Midge smiled and blushed.  "Can you take it off and stick on my head?" 
Jake pulled off the bow and stuck it on Midge's head.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T