Sunday, June 2, 2019

A Lot of Rain


Midge came out of the bedroom and leaped into the chair next to Snappy's tank.
“Why so sad looking this morning?” asked Snappy.
“Did you see what it is doing outside?” sighed Midge. “It's raining cats and dogs.”
Snappy climbed on the big long in his tank and peered outside. He sat there looking up and down and side to side. He then turned around and looked at Midge with a puzzled look.
“What is wrong Snappy?” asked Midge.
“I looked all over out there,” said Snappy. “I don't see any cats and dogs falling from the sky. I only see lots of water.”

“Ha ha,” laughed Midge. “Raining cats and dogs means it is raining really hard.”
“Why do they say it is raining cats and dogs if no cats and dogs are falling from the sky?” asked Snappy. “That is a funny thing to say.”
“I don't know why they say that,” said Midge. “Maybe Jake knows.”
“Hi Midge,” said Jake as he entered the room and stood there shaking himself very hard.. “What do I know?”
“Jake!” said Midge. “Look at the water you go all over the place. Every thing is wet.”
“I know,” said Jake. “That's because it is raining hard out there. Did you look out the window?”
“I saw it was raining,” said Midge. “That is what I was telling Snappy.”
“So what is it you told Snappy that I know?” asked Jake.
“Why do people say it is raining cats and dogs when it is raining really hard?” asked Midge.
“Maybe it is just something humans say,” said Jake. “Sometimes they say some strange things. My owner says it is a frog floater when it's pouring down rain. Maybe the frogs float when it is raining and there are a lot of puddles out there.”
“I never saw a floating frog,” said Booker-T.
“I never saw one either,” said Jake.
“When my owner tells her brother that it is raining cats and dogs outside,” said Booker-T. “He laughs at her and tells her not to step in a poodle.”
“I like what my owner's nephew says when it is raining and he wants to go outside to play,” said Midge.
“What does he say?” asked Booker-T.
“He says, 'Rain rain go away and come again another day,' ” said Midge. “Then he says 'little Jeffery wants to play.' That's how I feel today.”
“We could run and play in the puddles,” suggested Jake. “I like running in the rain and the puddles. My owner don't like me getting so wet but I can dry off before she gets home.”
“I like the rain,” said Snappy.
“You can dry off faster than we do,” said Booker-T. “We have wet fur and it takes longer to dry.”
“Lets go splash around in the rain,” aid Jake. “I'm bored being inside.”
“Okay,” said Midge. “Come on Booker-T. Let's go have some fun.”
they went through he doggie door and started to run around the front of the house. Midge ran too fast around the corner and slipped on the wet grass and slid into the tree.
“Ouch!” shouted Midge. “That hurt.”
“Are you okay?” asked Booker-T.
“No,” sighed Midge. “I hit the tree and it was really hard. The grass is slippery from the rain.”
“Let's fun and slide on the wet grass,” suggested Jake. “That will be fun.”
“Lets go inside and watch TV,” said Booker-T. “We might get hurt is we can't stop and hit the tree.”
“How do we watch TV?” asked Midge.
“You can push the buttons on the remote,” suggested Booker-T.
“Okay,” agreed Midge as she stood up and started to walk to the back door.
They all hurried inside to the living room where Midge grabbed the remote and laid it on the floor. Midge pushed the buttons but nothing was happening.
“What is wrong?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “I hope I didn't break it. My owner won't be happy with me.”
“My owner always points the remote at the TV when she pushes the button,” said Jake. “Set it on the table facing the TV and try it.”
Midge set the remote on the coffee table and pushed the buttons and the TV came on and Midge pushed the buttons until a cartoon came on the screen. They all sat down on the floor in front of the TV to watch.
“I guess this is a good thing to do on a rainy day,” smiled Midge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T