Friday, August 14, 2020

Race Cars

 

"Hey Midge!" called Gabby as he flew down and landed on the porch railing..

"Hi Gabby," said Midge. "What are you doing this morning?"

"Where is Jake and Booker-T?" asked Gabby.

"At home," smiled Midge.

"Are they coming to your house?" asked Gabby.

"I think so," said Midge. "What are you so excited about?"

"I just flew over the school on my way here and guess what I saw," said Gabby.

"Did the space alien finally land?" asked Midge.

"No," laughed Gabby. "You are always looking for space aliens. You are so funny."

"What did you see?" asked Booker-T as he walked to the porch and sat down beside Midge. "I heard you telling Midge you saw something. Did you see Midge's space aliens?"

"No," said Gabby. "There is a car show at the school today."

"What kind of cars?" asked Midge.

"Race cars," said Gabby. "I think they call them 'Sprint' cars."

"Oh wow," said Midge. "I want to go see the race cars."

"Here comes Jake," said Booker-T looking at the front yard gate.

"Hi guys," greeted Jake as he walked to the porch where everyone was sitting. "What are you guys doing?"

"We are waiting for you," said Gabby.

"Why are you waiting for me?" asked Jake.

"Gabby said they have race cars at the school today," said Midge. "Lets go see."

"What are the race cars doing there?" asked Jake.

"They are going to have some racing at the new track outside town tomorrow so they have the cars on display at the school," said Gabby.

"Lets go Jake," said Midge.

"I've never seen a race car," said Booker-T.

"Okay," said Jake. "Lets go."

The three of them walked out the gate with Gabby flying above them. They hurried along the sidewalks on their way to the school. As they came close to the school, they could see lot of people walking around on the parking lot looking at cars.

"Wow, Jake," look at the cars," said Midge. "I want to sit in one of them. Come on."

"You can't sit in one," said Jake.

"Sure, I can get in one," said Midge. "They look like big go-karts."

"I like that orange and black one," smiled Booker-T. "It is the same color as I am."

"What does it say on the side of the car?" asked Midge.

"It is called 'Tiger Bomb'," said Jake.

"Why is it called a bomb?" asked Booker-T. "Tigers are bombs."

"I don't know why," said Jake. "Maybe it is some funny way of the humans talking."

"They do say goofy things," laughed Midge.

Jake and Booker-T stood there looking at the Tiger Bomb car. They turned around and Midge wasn't there.

"Where is Midge?" asked Booker-T.

"I didn't see where she went," said Jake.

"Look over there," said Gabby.

They turned and looked and there sat Midge in one of the cars. She sat in a bright red car. They hurried over where Midge was.

"Zoom zoom zoom," said Midge as she sat in the driver's seat of the race car.

"What are you doing?" asked Jake.

"I'm racing this car," said Midge.

"It's not moving," laughed Booker-T.

"I'm moving so fast," said Midge. "You can't see me moving I'm so fast."

"You aren't moving Midge," said Jake. "You are sitting there going zoom zoom zoom."

"Can you start the car so I can drive it around the parking lot?" asked Midge.

"You can't drive the car," said Jake.

"Sure I can," said Midge. "Booker-T will push the pedals for me and I will turn the steering wheel."

"Oh no," said Booker-T. "The police might think we are stealing the car."

"We will only drive around the parking lot," said Midge.

"What is that over there, Midge?" asked Jake.

"Where?" asked Midge.

"Over there across the street," said Jake.

"It's a police station," said Midge.

"Right," said Jake. "I bet they are watching you."

"Do you see them?" asked Midge.

"No," said Jake. "I think they are somewhere here."

"Push the car for me," said Midge. "Please please, Jake."

"No," said Gabby as he landed on the front of the red car where Midge was sitting in the driver's seat."

Suddenly across the parking lot, came two men running toward them. "Hey, Hey!! You dogs get out of that car!! Shoo shoo!"

"Come on Midge," said Jake. "Hurry. They are coming after you."

"But I want to drive the car," said Midge as she turned to see the two men running toward the car, waiting their arms.

"Look Jake," said Midge. "They are waving at me. They are happy to see me."

"No, Midge," said Booker-T. "They want you to get out of the car."

In a few minutes, the men reached the car. One of the called Midge to him. "Come on puppy. You can't be in the car."

Midge looked at him as she turned her head from side to side and then placed her paw on the steering wheel.

"Come on puppy," said the man in a soft gentle voice. "The driver of the car won't be happy to see you sitting in the seat. Come on now, lets go."

Midge sat and looked at him.

"Midge," said Jake. "Come on lets to look at the other cars."

The one man who was talking to Midge, reached into the car and patted her on the head and reached with both hands to pick her up into his arms. "Come on puppy."

He lifted her from the car and set her on the ground in front of him as he shook his finger at her. Midge stood on her two hind legs and looked like she was begging for a treat.

"Isn't she cute," smiled the 2nd man.

"She is," said the first man. "But she can't be in the cars. The race driver wouldn't be happy if he found a puppy in the car."

"I know," said the first man. "She is cute. But we don't want to upset the race drivers."

"I guess you are right," said the second man.

Midge, Jake, Booker-T and Gabby looked at all the cars and then went home..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T