Friday, January 29, 2021

Our New Friend

 

Midge crawled through the doggie door and walked through the front gate to the sidewalk and walked to Booker-T's house next door. She hurried through the gate.

At the back door, she poked her head into his doggie door and called out. "Hey Booker-T! Where are you?"

"Hey there, Midge," said Booker-T as he peaked around the refrigerator.

"What are you doing?" asked Midge as she entered the kitchen.

"I was just eating breakfast," smiled Booker-T. "What are you doing?"

"I ate my breakfast and came over here to see what you are doing," said Midge.

"I finished breakfast," said Booker-T. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know," said Booker-T. "Are we going to Jake's house?"

"Yes," said Midge.

"We can ask him what he wants to do," suggested Booker-T.

"Lets go," said Midge as she started to go back outside through the little doggie door as Booker-T followed behind.

They hurried to the sidewalk and started walking along on their way to Jake's house.

"Who is your new neighbor?" asked Midge staring at a big dog sitting on the porch next door to Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Booker-T. "The humans just moved in yesterday. I didn't know they had a dog."

"Do you want to go say hi?" asked Midge. "Maybe he needs a new friend."

"Lets go meet him," said Booker-T.

"Okay," agreed Midge as they walked into the yard next door.

"Hello," said Midge as they neared the front door.

"Hello," said the dog. "What are you two doing?"

"We saw you sitting there and came to say hello," said Booker-T. "I live next door and Midge here, lives on the other side of my house. I'm Booker-T."

"I'm Boston," said the big dog. "I'm new here."

"I saw your humans moving in yesterday," said Booker-T. "But I didn't see you."

"They left me at the kennel while they moved in," said Boston.

"Where did you move from?" asked Midge.

"It was a very long ride from another state somewhere," said Boston.

"Wow," said Midge. "I have lived here all my life."

"Me too," said Booker-T. "We are going to a friend's house. Do you want to go with us?"

"Sure," smiled Boston.

The three hurried along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house. They entered the yard and found Jake in his favorite place, sleeping on the front porch swing.

"Hey Jake!" called Midge. "Wake up!"

"I'm awake," said Jake as he sat up in the swing. "Who is with you?"

"This is Boston," said Booker-T. "He just moved in next door to me."

"Hi Boston," smiled Jake. "I'm Jake."

"Hello, Jake," said Boston.

"Hello everyone," said Gabby as he flew down from the tree and landed on the porch railing.

"Hey there Gabby," said Midge.

"Who is your new friend?" asked Gabby.

"This is Boston," said Jake.

"Hi Boston," said Gabby. "I'm Gabby."

"Hi," said Boston, as he glanced at Midge. "You are friends with a bird?"

"Oh, yes," said Jake. "We are friends with anyone who wants to be our friend."

"We are friends with Gabby who is a bird," said Booker-T. "We are friends with a turtle who lives with Midge and some cows, horses, a bull, a pig and some others. We talk to all animals."

"We go to the little zoo transfer center and talk to the wild animals there," said Jake.

"Wow," said Boston. "That is so nice. Where I used to live, the dogs didn't play with the cats."

"Midge wants all animals to be friends," said Jake. "She always wants to do the things that humans do also."

"Sometimes I wish I could too," laughed Boston.

"What kind of dog are you?" asked Booker-T.

"I heard my human owner call me a Labrador," said Boston.

"You are the first Labrador we have met," smiled Midge. "I'm a Cocker Spaniel and Jake is a Boxer."

"What kind of cat is Booker-T?" asked Boston.

"I'm a little tiger," laughed Booker-T. "I'm the same color as the big tigers. I like Tigers."

"They called him an alley cat," said Midge. "He used to live in the alley behind the cafe in town and I found him a home next door to me."

"That was nice," smiled Boston.

"Midge thinks everyone needs a home," said Booker-T. "She feels sad when they don't have a home. She got a little turtle a new home in her owner's house."

"That is nice, Midge," said Boston. I'm happy we will all be friends."

"We are too," said Jake. "We do different things every day when our human owners go to work."

"What kind of things do you do?" asked Boston.

"Midge likes to try human things," said Jake. "She is a little dare-devil."

"Very funny, Jake," said Midge. "I like to have fun. Humans have a lot of fun. I want to have fun too."

"She likes to ride sleds down snowy hills," said Booker-T.

"Or wagons on hills with no snow," laughed Jake. "She always falls off when she goes down the hill."

"You can get hurt if you fall off," said Boston. "What other things do you like to do?"

"We like to go visit the animals at the petting zoo," said Booker-T. "Pinky is a little pig and we go to see her at the petting zoo."

"Sometimes we like to ride the zoo train or the train around the park," said Jake.

"I have tried some things that humans do," said Midge. "But I'm not too goo at it."

"What have you done?" asked Boston.

"I tried to fly one time like Gabby," said Midge.

"She fell flat on her stomach," laughed Booker-T. "She had some feathers and jumped off the hill and went straight down to the ground."

"Oh no," said Boston.

"I tried riding a go-cart in the go-cart races for the kids," said Midge.

"How did you do that?" asked Boston.

"She jumped into the go-cart before the kid could and it went racing down the hill and she couldn't steer it," laughed Jake.

"What happened?" asked Boston.

"She hit a tree at the bottom of the hill," said Booker-T.

"Did you get hurt?" asked Boston.

"No," said Midge. "I jumped out before it hit the tree. The little boy came running down the hill to get his go-cart and Jake, Booker-T and I ran away from there."

"You sound like you have a lot of fun," smiled Boston. "I will like being your friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T