Friday, November 19, 2021

The Dream

 

Midge came into the living room and jumped into the chair near Snappy's tank.

"Hi Snappy," said Midge.

"Hi Midge," smiled Snappy. "What are you doing this morning?"

"I am going to go to Jake's house," replied Midge.

"Is Booker-T going to go with you?" asked Snappy.

"Yes," said Midge. "He always goes with me and we all go have fun together."

"What fun are you going to do today?" asked Snappy.

"I don't know yet," said Midge. "I wish I was a human so I will have lot of fun things to do."

"You always find fun things to do," said Snappy.

"I know," sighed Midge. "But humans do a lot of things too."

"I don't know what they do," said Snappy. "The little humans at the park pond is all I saw."

"You were always staying in the pond," smiled Midge.

"My little legs don't walk too fast," laughed Snappy.

"Do you miss the pond?" asked Midge.

"Sometimes," said Snappy. "But I am happy in my safe home here."

"That's good," said Midge. "Our owner takes good care of us."

"Yes," agreed Snappy.

"Are you going to Jake's now?" asked Snappy.

"I am going to eat my breakfast first," said Midge as she jumped out of the chair and ran to the kitchen where her owner put her food bowl on the floor with fresh water bowl.

Midge ate her breakfast and sat down near the bowl. "I think I want to go to the park and

play on the slide into the pond," thought Midge. She laid down on the floor for a minute or two and before she knew it, she fell asleep. She started to dream about being a little human girl. She was dressed in blue jeans and a pink t-shirt with a pink ribbon in her hair. She dreamed that she picked up some books and a small lunch box and kissed her human mother good-bye. The little human girl walked out of the house and met some friends outside and they all walked to school together. On their to the school, they petted a few dogs on their way, the boys climbed a tree while Midge (as the little human girl) stood and watched the boys.

"We need to go to school," said Midge. "Lets go."

"We are having fun," laughed the little human boys while Midge paced back and forth on the sidewalk.

"I am going to go," said Midge. "My mom won't be happy with me if I miss school."

"Why don't you climb in the tree," suggested one of the little human boys.

"I don't want to climb the tree," said Midge shaking her head.

"You're no fun," said the other little human boy.

"I am too fun," whined Midge. "I like to have fun too."

"No you don't," said the little human boy. "You just a little girl and you play with dolls."

"I like my dolls," said Midge.

"Hey, Midge!" called Booker-T as he crawled through the doggie door into the kitchen. "You are sleeping."

Midge moved slightly.

"Midge!" said Booker-T as he pushed on Midge's back with his paw. "Wake up!"

Midge opened her eyes and sat up. "Hi Booker-T. What are you doing here? I was coming to your house."

"You were sleeping," laughed Booker-T. "I was waiting for you and you didn't come so I came to look for you."

"I wasn't sleeping," said Midge. "I was eating breakfast."
"No," said Booker-T. "You were sleeping."

Midge sat there a moment looking at her bowls and then at Booker-T and blinked her eyes. "I think I was sleeping," said Midge. "I was dreaming I think."

"What were you dreaming about?" asked Booker-T.

"I was dreaming I was a little human girl named, Midge," smiled Midge.

"Were you having fun?" asked Booker-T.

"Having fun?" asked Midge.

"Yes, in your dream," said Booker-T. "Were you having fun?"

"I was on the way to school," said Midge. "And I told some little human boys, that I like to play with dolls."

"My owner's niece likes to play with dolls," said Booker-T.

"But I don't want to play with dolls," sighed Midge. "I like all the fun we have."

"You always want to be a human and have fun like they do," laughed Booker-T.

"I know," said Midge. "But if I was a little human, I would have fun but no dolls. Little human boys have more fun."

"Why do the little human boys have more fun?" asked Booker-T.

"In my dream, the little human boys were climbing a tree and I didn't want to climb the tree," said Midge. "They told me I played with dolls."

"My owner's niece climbs in our back yard tree when she is there," said Booker-T. "My owner calls her a Tomboy."

"What is a Tomboy?" asked Midge.

"I don't know," said Booker-T. "Maybe Jake knows what it is."

"Lets go see Jake," said Midge.

"What are we going to do today?" asked Booker-T.

"It's not too cold here this morning," said Midge. "I want to go slide on the big slide into the pond at the park."

"Okay," said Booker-T. "Lets go.

The three hurried through the doggie door and ran around the house to the front. As they ran into the front yard, they saw Jake run through the gate.

"Hi Jake," greeted Midge.

"What are you doing?" asked Jake. "I was waiting for you."

"Midge fell asleep after eating breakfast," laughed Booker-T. "I found her sleeping on the floor near her bowl."

"I was thinking," said Midge. "And I fell asleep and was dreaming."

"What kind of dream?" asked Jake.

"I was dreaming I was a little human girl who played with dolls," said Midge.

"Was it fun being a human?" asked Jake. "You always want to be a human."

"I do," said Midge. "But I want to climb trees and ride on the rides at the amusement park, and ride the sleds in the snow."

"You rode the sled in the snow before," said Jake.

"And you tried to ride the roller coaster at the park," said Booker-T.

"I know," said Midge. "But they chased us out of the park."

"What do you want to do now?" asked Jake.

"Can we go ride the slide into the pond at the park?" asked Midge.

"Sure," said Jake. "Come on lets go."

The three ran out of the gate and ran to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T