Friday, July 13, 2012

What is for Breakfast


“Hello Jake,” called Midge as she strolled along the sidewalk.  “What are you doing?”

   “I’m eating my breakfast,” answered Jake.  “What are you doing this morning?”

   “I want to go play in the park,” said Midge.  “What are you eating for breakfast?”

   “She gave me some good beef chunks with this nice gravy,” said Jake.  “Did you eat your breakfast Midge?”

    “I had chicken chunks but didn’t have any gravy on mine,” said Midge.  “My mistress gives me gravy on mine at night.  Do you eat the dry food at night?”


    “Sometimes,” said Jake.  “Sometimes she gives me the gravy all the time.  I love the gravy.”

    “Jake, you love any kind of food,” said Midge.  “You will eat anything.” 

    “I love to eat,” said Jake. “You are picky sometimes.  But I like everything my mistress gives me.  She never gives me anything that tastes bad.”

    “Hey you two,” called Booker-T as he hurried up the porch steps and sat down beside Midge. “What are you talking about?”

    “Food,” said Midge. 

    “What can you say about food?” asked Booker-T.

    “She wanted to know what I was eating for breakfast,” said Jake.  “I told her I had beef chunks in gravy.”

    “You eat the same thing all the time, don’t you Jake?” asked Booker-T.

    “No,” said Jake.  “Sometimes I eat something different.  But all the food she gives me is good.”

    “I love to eat,” said Booker-T.  “And I have good food now.  I didn’t eat good for long time.”

    “I know,” said Midge.  “I am happy you are eating good.  I was so worried about you when you didn’t have a home.”

    “Yes and thanks to you, I have a nice home,” said Booker-T.  “They feed me good everyday.”

    “What do you eat?” asked Jake. 

    “They give me some kind of fish flavored food most of the time,” said Booker-T.  “Do you like fish?”

    “I will eat fish,” said Jake.  “But I would rather eat beef or chicken food.”

    “Me too,” said Midge.  “I love chicken the best so my mistress gives me chicken most of the time.”

    “I like chicken too,” said Booker-T.  “But fish is my favorite food.”

    “All this talk about food, I’m getting hungry again,” said Midge. 

    “Midge, you are always hungry,” said Jake.  “We don’t have to talk about food for you to be hungry.  I think you just like to eat all the time.”

    “I love food,” said Midge.  “My mistress won’t give me food all the time.  I heard her tell someone that she is watching my weight.”

    “Why is she watching your weight?” asked Booker-T.  “What is weight?”

    “Weight is how heavy you are,” said Midge.  “She doesn’t want me to get big.”

    “You are small Midge,” said Jake.  “I’m bigger than you are.”

    “You will always be bigger than me,” said Midge.  “but if I keep eating all the time, I might weigh more than you.”

     “You run around all the time Midge,” said Booker-T.  “You won’t get big. 

     “Are you going to finish your breakfast so we can go to the park?” asked Midge tapping Jake’s bowl.

     “No, I’m done with it,” said Jake. 

     “Can I finish it for you?” asked Midge.

     “Sure.  Enjoy it,” said Jake as he pushed the bowl to Midge. 

     “Thank you,” said Midge as she finished the food in the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T