Saturday, April 27, 2013

Misty Needs Help


“Jake! Jake!” called Midge as she came running through the gate and leaped onto the porch.

“Slow down Midge,” said Jake. “What is the big hurry this morning?”

“Come quick Jake!” said Midge. “Misty needs help.”

“What happened?” asked Jake as he leaped down from the porch swing.

“She got stuck in that pile of rocks behind her house,” said Midge. “We need to try and gether out of there. Come on Jake lets go.”

“Okay,” said Jake as they ran down the sidewalk to Misty's house. On their way to Misty's house, they stopped to get Booker-T.

“Hey you two,” said Booker-T. “Where are you going?”

“Where were you this morning?” asked Midge. “I tried to get your help but you weren't outside yet.”

“My owner didn't open the door til a few minutes ago so I was inside sleeping,” said Booker-T. “Why were you looking for me?”

“Misty needs our help,” said Midge. “You didn't hear her yelling for help?”

“No,” said Booker-T. “My owner had the radio on listening to the news so I didn't hear anything and when she runs the fan, you can't hear anything on the outside of the house.”

“Oh,” said Jake.

“Misty was playing on that big pile of rocks in the back and she is stuck,” said Midge. “We need to help her get out of there.”

“Oh my!” said Booker-T as he hurried down the porch steps and was out the gate before Jake and Midge.

The three friends ran to the back yard next door and could hear Misty crying. They got to the huge pile of rocks and found Misty laying there with her leg caught among the rocks.

“You can't pull out your leg?” asked Booker-T inspecting the area around her.

“No,” cried Misty. “I can't get it to pull lose. There are too many rocks on my leg Booker-T. “Can you get me out of here?”

Jake jumped onto the rocks and checked the area around Midge. “I think if we pull off one rock at a time, we can ger her leg free Booker-T. Midge was already on the other side of Misty picking up rocks she could get her mouth around and tossing them off the pile.

“Try it now Misty,” said Midge after she pulled off about four rocks.

Misty pulled and pulled but the leg was stuck. “No,” said Misty. “It is still stuck”

The three friends were tossing rocks trying to free Misty from the pile. Tem minutes had passed and they had tossed away quite a few rocks. Misty was finally able to pull her leg out free of the rocks. “Oh thank you,” smiled Misty. “You are so great.”

“How did you get stuck in there?” asked Booker-T.

“I was chasing a mouse and he went down the hole,” said Misty. “When I poked my foot in there to try and catch him, the rocks caved in and trapped my leg.”

“How is your leg Misty?” asked Midge. “Are you okay?”

“It feels okay now,” said Misty as she climed down the pile of rocks and walked around a little. “I think it is okay.”

“I am sorry I didn't hear you Misty,” said Booker-T. “My owner had the radio and the fan on and I can't hear any noises from outside when they are on.”

“It's okay Booker-T,” said Misty. “I understand that. My owner's nephew loves the loud music and when he plays it, you can't hear anything else.”

“I know that,” said Midge. “My owner's nephew is the same way. I can't hear anything when he is at the house. He loves that loud music.”

“My owner's brother is the same way,” said Jake. “He doesn't come to the house very much, but when he does, he is always blasting that music in his car. My owner won't let him play it that loud in the house. But everything fibrates when he has his music playing in the car. The boom boom boom sure is awful.”

“Thank you Midge for getting help for me,” said Misty.

“You are welcome,” said Midge. “That is what friends are for. We help each other.”

“Do you feel like going to the park Misty?” asked Jake.

“No more climbing on that pile of Rocks,” said Booker-T.

“No more climbing on the rocks,” agreed Misty. “I would love to go to the park to play with you. Are you going Booker-T?”

“Oh, yes,” said Booker-T. “I always go to the park with them. Would love to have you join us.”

“Okay,” said Misty. “Thank you for including me and thank you again for your help.”

“You are welcome Misty,” said Jake. “Now lets go have some fun and no more rock piles.”

The four friends ran for the park where they met Snappy at the pond.

“Hey you guys!” greeted Gabby from above. “You are late this morning. Snappy and I have been waiting for you. What happened?”

“Misty got her leg caught in a pile of rocks so we had to help free her from the pile,” said Jake.

“Oh, are you okay?” asked Snappy.

“Yes,” said Misty. “These guys helped me free my leg from the pile of rocks.”

“Great!” said Gabby. “Lets play.”

“Okay,” said Misty. “No more rock piles for me”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T