Friday, May 24, 2013

Booker-T and Misty's Shots


“Hey Misty!” called Midge as she and Jake entered the front yard through the gate.

“Hi Midge,” said Misty. “Hi Jake”

“How are you feeling Misty?” asked Jake.

“I feel good,” laughed Misty. “But think Booker-T is not too good.”

“Why?” asked Midge. “What happened to Booker-T?”

“Where is Booker-T?” asked Jake.

“He just ran to his house for few minutes,” said Misty. “He said he will be back.”

“What happened?” asked Jake looking toward Booker-T's house.

“I was telling him about my shots and he got really pale and fell over,” said Misty. “I asked him what was wrong and he just told me he would be back and ran away to the house.”

“Oh my goodness,” said Midge. “I think he is having sympathy pains when you were telling him about your shots.”

“Sympathy pains,” said Misty. “What are those? And why is he having them?”

“When he was listening to you, he started feeling the pain of the shot,” said Jake. “He is very sensitive so he feels what you feel.”

“But I didn't feel anything,” said Misty.”

“It's okay,” said Midge. “In his mind, he felt the shot for you.”

“Oh dear,” said Misty. “Will he be okay?”

“Oh sure, he will be find,” said Midge. “He does this all the time when Susie gets her shots.”

“Oh,” said Misty. “That must be hard for him.”

“He will be fine Misty,” said Jake. “Here he comes now.”

They all looked toward the front gate to see Jake slowly coming up the sidewalk.

“Are you okay Booker-T?” asked Jake.

“I think so,” said Booker-T.

“I'm sorry Booker-T,” said Misty. “I didn't know you would feel the pain of the shot when I told you about it.”

“It's okay Misty,” said Booker-T. “I'm okay now. I just have this habit of feeling what others feel.”

“But I didn't feel anything Booker-T,” said Misty. “Why are you feeling the pain?”

“I don't know,” said Booker-T.

“It is all in your mind,” laughed Jake.

“Ha ha Jake,” said Booker-T. “I'm just a sensitive cat.”

“Yes, that you are,” agreed Midge.

“How do you get your shots?” asked Misty. “Do you get sick with your shots too?”

“Oh no,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “I am fine when I get mine. It is only when my friends get their shots that I feel it for them. I just think I worry about them feeling the pain and I feel it with them.”

“But we don't feel anything,” said Midge. “You are the only one who feels them.”

“Maybe that is why you don't feel anything,” said Booker-T.

“What are you talking about?” asked Jake.

“I feel your pain so you don't feel it,” said Booker-T. “It's okay, I don't mind. I will be fine.”

“You are a good friend Booker-T,” said Midge.

“What do you do when you go get your own shots?” asked Misty. “Do you feel bad when you come home.”

“No, after I get mine, I am fine. I only feel them when my friend's get theirs.”

“Oh wow, that is different,” said Misty. “I never knew anyone who felt the pain of others. You are so cool Booker-T.”

“Oh thank you Misty,” said Booker-T. “Do you want to share my catnip with me?”

“I would like that,” said Misty.

“We are all lucky to have you as a friend Booker-T,” said Jake.

“I am the lucky one,” said Booker-T. “I am very lucky to have all of you as my friend.”

“Good friends are hard to find sometimes,” said Misty. “I never had suck nice friends before.”

“We are glad you moved to our neighborhood,” said Midge.

“Me too,” said Misty. “When will I get to meet Susie?”

“She is on vacation with her owner,” said Booker-T. “I think she is going to be back home tomorrow. We will walk to her place in the morning and I will introduce you to her.”

“Oh good,” said Misty. “I would like that.”

“Do you feel like going to the park for an hour Misty?” asked Booker-T.

“I feel good,” said Misty. “But what about you? Do you feel like going?”

“I'm good now,” said Booker-T. “Lets go.”

The four ran down the steps of the porch and across the yard to the front gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T