Friday, May 31, 2013

Misty meets Snappy


“Hey Snappy!” called Midge and Jake as they got to the edge of the pond in the park. “Where are you?”

“Hi everyone,” greeted Snappy as he poked his little head out of the water. “What are you all doing?”

“We came to play in the water with you,” said Booker-T.

“Who is your little friend?” asked Snappy.

“Oh, sorry Snappy,” said Midge. “This is Misty. She moved in near me the other day. Misty, this is our friend Snappy.”

“Hi Snappy,” smiled Misty.

“How are you Misty?” asked Snappy. “Do you like it here?”

“Everyone is very nice,” said Misty. “Am happy my owner moved here to this area.”

“She went to vet this morning and Booker-T got sick,” laughed Jake.

“Jake!” said Booker-T. “Don't tell him that.”

“Why not?” asked Jake. “It's okay, you just feel sensitive for someone else's pain. There isn't a problem with it.”

“You don't think it is strange?” asked Booker-T.

“Oh no, Booker-T,” said Midge. “We understand how you feel. A lot of people have the same feelings I think.”

“Sorry you felt sick Booker-T,” said Misty nudging him with her nose. “But am glad you care.”

“Thanks Misty,” smiled Misty. “I am glad we are friends.”

“When am I going to meet your friend, Susie?” asked Misty.

“I think she will be here tomorrow,” said Booker-T. “She went on vacation with her owner I think.”

“Okay,” said Misty. “I feel like I know her already just from what you have talked about. She sounds very nice.”

“She is really nice Misty,” said Midge. “You will like her.”

“Come on in the water guys,” said Snappy. “The water is great today.”

“Oh Booker-T,” sighed Misty. “Water scares me.”

“It is okay,” said Booker-T. “I didn't like the water either until I fell off the log into it and Jake helped me out. After that, I slowly went in a little at a time. It is ice and I like it now.”

“Will you help me?” asked Misty. “I want to play with you all too.”

“We will help you Misty,” said Jake. “We are all here to help you.”

“I think when you get used to the water, you will like it,” said Midge. “Booker-T enjoys the water now. I know that most cats don't like water.”

“I know,” said Misty. “My momma would not go in any water. She didn't like it on her feet.”

“Oh,” said Booker-T. “Come on over here when the water is shallow and touch it with one foot so you can feel how it is.”

Misty walked close to Booker-T and stood next to him as she reached her foot forward a little and touched the water. It felt cool to the bottom of her foot. She looked at Booker-T and smiled.

“It feels cool Booker-T,” said Misty.

“It is nice when it is hot outside,” said Jake.

“But when the weather is very hot out, the pond feels warm,” said Snappy.

“Do you live in the water Snappy?” asked Misty.

“No,” said Snappy. “I live near that tree over there, but I spend a lot of time in the water and I like to sit on that log over there on the other side of the pond.”

“This is nice home,” said Misty. “The pond and the park are pretty. I love the pretty trees with the green leaves.”

“It is nice here,” said Midge. We like to come sit in the shade when it is hot outside.”

“This is a happy place,” said Gabby as he swooped down from the tree branch and sat on a rock near the water's edge. “How are you all this afternoon?”

“Hi Gabby,” said everyone.

“What is going on today?” asked Gabby.

“Misty had her shots this morning at the vets and this afternoon we brought her to the pond to meet Snappy,” said Midge.

“Welcome to our happy place,” smiled Gabby.

“This is nice,” said Misty. “I like it here.”

“She is trying out the water,” said Booker-T.

“Do you like the water Gabby?” asked Misty.

“Oh yes, the water feels so good,” said Gabby. “I like to splash around in the water at the shallow edge of the pond.”

“I think I will like the water too,” said Misty. “But I have to get used to it. I have never been in water.”

“You will be fine,” said Gabby. “Booker-T and the others will help you.”

“Thank you everyone for being my friend,” said Misty.

“We are happy you are our new friend,” said Jake.

Everyone agreed and they all helped Misty to get used to being in the water. They played in the water until it was almost time to go home. Before they left the park, they laid under the tree for a short time to dry off. They all smiled that it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T