Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Surprise for Misty


“Hey Midge!” called Misty as she came strolling up the sidewalk to the front porch at Midge's house. “Are you here?”

“Hi Misty,” called Booker-T from across the fence. “What are you doing this morning?”

“Is Midge awake?” asked Misty.

“I think she has already gone to Jake's house,” said Booker-T. “You want to walk there with me? I am going now.”

“Sure,” said Misty. “I'd like that.”

Misty walked out the gate and met Booker-T in front and the two started walking along the sidewalk toward Jake's house. As they turned the corner, they saw Blackie hurrying along the sidewalk. They stood and waited for him to catch up with them.

“Hi Blackie,” greeted Booker-T. “What is going on this morning?”

“I am on my way to Jake's house,” said Blackie. “Are you two coming too?”

“We are going that way too,” said Misty. “Come on walk with us. You are new here in the neighborhood aren't you?”

“Yes,” answered Blackie. “You are?”

“Oh, I'm sorry Blackie,” said Booker-T. “This is Misty. She had already gone home from the park when you got there.”

“Hi Misty,” smiled Blackie. “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too Blackie,” said Misty. “When did you move to the neighborhood? I don't remember seeing you around when I moved in.”

“My owner moved us here a couple months ago,” said Blackie. “Yesterday was the first time I decided to go check out the neighborhood when I found the nice park you all go play at.”

“Do you like it here?” asked Misty.

“Yes,” said Blackie. “It is nice and everyone has been nice to me.”

“Are we going to the park?” asked Booker-T. “Or are we going to stand here and talk. I think Midge and Jake are waiting for us.”

“Lets go Blackie,” said Misty. “ We can talk when we get to the park. Are we going to Jakes' house first Booker-T?”

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “They usually wait there for us before going to the park. But if we don't hurry, they will go without us.”

The three hurried along the sidewalk and turned the corner and saw Jake and Midge standing on the porch. They ran through the front yard gate.

“Hey you guys!” called Midge. “Took you all a long time to get here.”

“Sorry Midge,” said Misty. “We ran into Blackie and were talking instead of walking.”

“Glad you could come with us Blackie,” said Jake.

“Can we go now?” asked Midge.

“I'm ready,” said Misty.

“Me too,” said Booker-T and Blackie at the same time.

They hurried along the sidewalk and across the street into the park. “Come on everyone, hurry,” said Midge.

“What is the big hurry this morning Midge?” asked Booker-T.

“I will show you when we get to the pond,” said Midge. “Snappy is waiting for us there.”

“Okay,” said Misty. “We are coming as fast as we can.”

As they neared the pond, they saw Snappy sitting on a log in the middle of the pond.

“Hi Snappy,” said Jake as he approached the pond. “What are you doing?”

“Hi Jake!” called Snappy. “I am enjoying the sun this morning. Later it will be too hot out here.”

“I know,” said Midge.

“Hi Snappy,” said Blackie.

“Hi Blackie,” said Snappy. “Glad you could come back to play with us.”

“Thank you everyone,” said Blackie.

“Misty, look behind the tree,” said Gabby from above.

“What?” asked Misty as she slowly walked to the tree. “What is behind the tree?”

Misty went to the other side of the tree and on the ground was a pretty blue ball of yarn.

“Do you like it?” asked Midge.

“Yes, it is nice,” smiled Misty. “Is it for me?”

“Yes, Gabby found it and thought you would like it,” said Midge. “It is for your birthday. Booker-T remembered you said it was today. So when Gabby found the ball, we thought you would like to play with it.

“It is really nice everyone,” said Misty. “Thank you all so much.”

“Happy Birthday Misty,” said Blackie.

“Thanks,” said Misty. “You all are so nice to me. When is your birthday Blackie?”

“Mine is in about two months from now,” said Blackie.

“Thank you all for being my friends,” said Misty. “I am happy we moved here to this neighborhood. It is the best move my owner has made.”

“We are glad you came here too,” said Midge.

“Happy Birthday Misty,” said Snappy. “Come on and lets play now.”

They all jumped into the water and splashed around enjoying the cool water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T