Friday, June 21, 2013

The Unrolled Ball of Yarn


Misty sat under the tall tree near the pond playing with her new ball of yard her new friends gave her for her birthday. She was very proud of her new gift.

“Do you like it, Misty?” asked Booker-T.

“It is so nice Booker-T,” smiled Misty. “I was really surprised. I like it very much. I will take it home with me when we go.”

“We are all glad to have you as our friend,” said Midge.

“I am glad that my owner moved here,” said Misty. “I didn't have any friends where we used to live. I had to play by myself in the back yard.”

“That is sad,” said Booker-T. “Why didn't you have any friends there?”

“All my neighbors were dogs and they didn't like playing with a cat,” said Misty.

“We all don't care what you are,” said Midge. “We are friends with everyone. I think if they don't want to be your friend, it is their loss.”

“Midge is right, Misty,” said Jake. “If someone don't want to be your friend, than it is their loss.”

“Thanks you guys,” smiled Misty.

“Are you ready to go home Misty?” asked Booker-T. “It is getting late and you need to get back to your house before your owner comes home from work.”

“Are you going to walk home with me, Booker-T?” asked Misty.

“Sure,” answered Booker-T. “Lets go. Get your new toy and we will go.”

“See you in the morning Booker-T and you too Misty,” said Midge. “I'm going to play here for little long with Jake and Gabby and then we will be going home.”

“Be careful walking home you two,” said Jake.

“We will Jake,” said Booker-T.

Misty picked up her ball of yarn and followed Booker-T across the park. “Are you sure you want to walk home with me Booker-T?” Asked Misty. “Don't you want to stay and play with them a little longer?”

“No, it is fine Misty,” said Booker-T. “I don't mind walking you home. You don't need to walk alone. It is better if we walk together.”

“Is it dangerous here alone?” asked Misty.

“Oh no, Misty,” said Booker-T. “This area is safer than some places can be. I heard my owner talking to someone on the phone the other day and she said she was happy she lived here in a small town and not in a big city. I think the smaller towns are safer sometimes.”

“Maybe they are,” said Misty. “I think that is why my owner moved here too. She likes the smaller towns.”

“Did you live in big town before you moved here?” asked Booker-T.

“Yes, it was very big,” said Misty. “Always a lot of people out walking or riding bikes.”

“You never went to the park there?” asked Booker-T.

“No,” answered Misty. “I only stayed in the back yard to play. Sometimes my owner's little brother came to the house to play with me, but no one else.”

“That must have been really lonesome Misty,” said Booker-T.

“It was,” answered Misty.

They were about to turn the corner onto the street where they lived when they heard Midge calling them.

“Misty! Misty!” called Midge. “Booker-T! Stop you two!”

Misty and Booker-T stopped and turned to see why Midge was yelling so loud. They saw her running toward them.

“Hi Midge,” called Misty. “Why are you running so fast?”

“We are following your trail,” laughed Jake.

“My trail?” asked Misty with a confused look on her face.

“Yes,” said Midge. “Look here.”

Misty looked down and on the ground was her unrolled ball of yarn. “Oh no!” said Misty.

“I didn't see what was happening. Booker-T and I were talking and walking.”

“I thought maybe you were leaving a trail so you could find your way back to the park,” lauged Midge.

“Oh my,” said Booker-T. “It looks like that's why you did. Ha ha Misty.”

“Will you help me get all my yarn back?” asked Misty.

“It's okay Misty,” said Midge. “Gabby is coming behind us with the yarn.”

“Jake and I didn't want to take the time to gather it all up,” said Midge. “We wanted to let you know it was all strung out behind you.”

“Hey Misty!” called a voice from above them. Misty looked up to see Gabby sitting in the tree above them. “I think this is yours.”

“Oh my,” said Misty as the yarn fell down ontop of her head. “Thanks you guys.”

“You are welcome,” laughed Gabby.

“Come on Misty,” said Midge. “We will help you get this pile of yarn home. Maybe your owner will see it and roll it back up for you.”

“I hope so,” sighed Misty. “I loved the ball of yarn and now it is just a pile of yarn.”

Midge picked up part of the yarn and Booker-T grabbed some of it and they started toward Misty's house. When they got to the house, they set the yarn down in the porch swing. “Good luck Misty,” said Jake. “I hope your owner will roll it all back up for you.”

“Thanks all of you,” said Misty.

“Ok Misty,” said Booker-T. “We will see you in the morning. We are going home to eat dinner.”

“Bye Misty,” said Midge.

“Bye everyone,” said Misty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T