Thursday, July 2, 2015

What Are the Monsters?

The three friends went back to Jake’s house with Gabby flying above them.
Why is the museum putting those big animals out there on display?” asked Midge.
I don’t know,” replied Jake.
I’ve never seen one of those big animals,” said Booker-T. “Do you think there are some living somewhere?”
I don’t know,” said Jake. “If they are living somewhere, I sure don’t want to run into one.”
Me either,” agreed Midge. “I bet they would eat a lot.”
Probably would eat us too,” said Jake. “I hope they aren’t living anywhere close to our city.”
That one sure had big teeth,” said Midge. “Did you see his teeth? Wow, he could eat us in one bite.”

That is scary,” said Booker-T. “I hope I don’t have a nightmare tonight.”
Did the movie say what kind of monsters they are?” asked Midge.
I think they called them Dinosaurs,” said Jake.
I never heard of a dinosaur,” said Booker-T. “They sure are ugly monsters.”
They were really mean in that movie my owner was watching,” said Jake. “I saw some of them on the TV screen and they were chasing the people.”
They must sleep outside because they are too big to go in the house,” said Midge. “Maybe they are homeless.”
Who would want them?” asked Booker-T.
I don’t know,” said Jake. “Maybe a zoo would take them.”
Why do they have statues of them?” asked Midge. “Do they have statues of our kind of animals too?”
Maybe,” said Jake. “I’ve never been to a museum so I don’t know what they have in them.”
That would be cool to see a statue of yourself,” smiled Midge.
I would like to see a statue of me too,” said Booker-T.
We are just pets,” said Jake. “Why would anyone want a statue of us?”
Somebody might want one,” said Midge. “I think we look better than those ugly monsters.”
Would you be friends with them is you saw one?” asked Booker-T.
Do you think they would be friendly?” asked Midge.
I don’t know,” said Jake shaking his head. “The ones I saw on the movie were mean.”
Maybe they are mean because they know they are ugly monsters,” laughed Booker-T.
That’s funny,” laughed Midge.
You two are being mean,” said Jake. “It’s not their fault they are ugly monsters.”
You are right,” said Midge. “They sure scared me when I saw them.”
They are scary,” agreed Booker-T. “I sure would not want to meet one in the dark.”
I don’t think I want to meet one in the light,” said Jake.
Maybe one day they will come to our city,” said Midge. “Would you be friends with them if they did?”
If they are friendly, I will,” said Jake. “You know we make friends with anyone no matter what they look like or who they are.”
This is true,” said Midge. “We have lot of different friends. But these are so very big.”
If they come to our city, we can try to be friends with them if they want to be friends,” said Booker-T. “They sure would be a different kind of friend.”
Our biggest friend is that circus elephant,” said Midge. “He was pretty big.”
He is almost as big as that one monster was,” said Jake. “But the elephant was friendly.”
He has a nice home with the circus too,” said Midge.
If they come to our city, maybe you can find them a home Midge,” smiled Jake. “You are always trying to help the homeless.”
I don’t know anyone who has a house big enough for one of them,” said Midge. “It might be really hard to find them a home.”
Maybe they could stay at the little zoo,” said Booker-T.
I think they are too big for the little zoo,” said Midge. “Maybe the big zoo on the other side would give them a home.”
Do you want to go to the display and check them all our tomorrow?” asked Jake.
Okay,” said Midge. “I wonder if they will have signs up that tells us what kind of monster they are?”
Lets go early in the morning so the people won't be there yet,” said Booker-T. “Like we did when we went to the zoo.”
Do you want to check out the zoo too and see if they have any new animals in it yet?” asked Midge. “Maybe Duke will still be there and we can talk to him.”
He's a neat looking cat,” said Booker-T. “He don't meow like I do.”
Does he make a noise?” asked Midge.
I don't know,” said Jake. “Maybe if he is there you can ask him.”
Okay,” agreed Midge. “I like the zoo. They have neat animals to see.”
I liked the giraffe,” said Jake.
Me too,” said Booker-T. “Her name, I think, was Zelda.”
The big hippo was really big and had a really big mouth, don't you think?” asked Midge.
He could probably swallow us whole,” said Jake.
But he was friendly,” said Booker-T.
I want to go see the animals at the zoo again,” said Midge.
Me too,” said Jake. “We will go check out the monsters and then go to the zoo and check out the animals.”
I think they are going to have the go-cart races Saturday,” said Jake. “Is your owner's nephew riding in it again this year?”
I don't know,” said Midge. “I didn't hear her say anything this time.”
Do you want to go see the go-carts?” asked Booker-T.
Do you think they would let me ride on one?” asked Midge.
I don't think so Midge,” said Jake shaking his head. “They are for the kids.”
The sled was for the kids too and I rode it,” said Midge.
Don't even think about it Midge,” said Jake. “It would not be a good idea I think.”
Me too,” said Booker-T. “You behind the wheel of a go-cart would not be good.”
You are safer watching them,” said Jake.
What do you have to eat?” asked Booker-T. “I'm hungry.”
You are always hungry,” laughed Midge.
Lets go to the laundry room and see what it there,” said Jake. “She keeps my big bags of dog food down there.”

The three hurried into the house and found the big bag of dog food. They enjoyed the food and drank some water and made plans to visit the zoo and the monster display tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T