Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Splash Party

“Hey Midge!” called Booker-T as he strolled through the gate at Midge's house. “Where are you?”
He didn't hear her call back to him so he walked around to the back yard and poked his head into the doggie door and looked around the kitchen. He didn't see Midge.
“Hey Midge!” called Booker-T again. “Where are you?”
Still no sounds from inside. He crawled through the doggie door into the kitchen and walked to the living room where he greeted Snappy.
“Hey Snappy,” greeted Booker-T as he jumped into the chair next to the tank.
“Hi Booker-T,” smiled Snappy. “Are you looking for Midge?”
“Yes,” replied Booker-T. “Do you know where she is?”
“She is sleeping,” laughed Snappy.
“She never sleeps late,” said Booker-T with a worried look. “Is she sick?”

“No,” said Snappy. “She was up early this morning when our owner had to leave for work early today. She went back to bed after she left and is still sleeping.”
“Hi Booker-T,” said Midge as she came walking into the room. “I thought I heard you out here.”
“You are sleeping long time today,” said Booker-T.
“I was awake really early,” said Midge. “My owner had to go to work early this morning so I woke up when she was getting ready to go. After she left, I went back to sleep”
“I'm glad you aren't sick,” said Booker-T. “Snappy said you got up really early and went back to bed.”
“What are you doing?” asked Midge.
“We are suppose to go to Melody's house today,” said Booker-T.
“How is Melody?” asked Snappy. “She was so nice.”
“She moved,” said Booker-T. “Now she lives across the street from Jake. They built a new house there with a pool.”
“They just moved in yesterday,” smiled Midge. “It is a really nice house and I sure like the pool.”
“Will they let you swim in the pool?” asked Snappy.
“Oh yes,” said Midge. “She said she likes to play in the pool. She had a little round blow up pool in her old back yard. This is a really big swimming pool.”
“Maybe one day,” said Booker-T. “You can come with us to the big pool.”
“I think they put chemicals of some kind in those pools,” said Snappy. “I don't like them.”
“What kind of chemicals are in there?” asked Booker-T.
“I think Gabby said they put something called Chlorine in them,” said Snappy.
“I forgot about that,” said Midge. “Do you think it will be okay for us to swim in it?”
“I think dogs do it all the time,” said Booker-T. “We should be okay.”
“Want something to eat before we go?” asked Midge. “I think my owner filled my food bowl before she left this morning.”
“I already ate breakfast, but you need to eat before we go,” said Booker-T. “You go eat and I will visit with Snappy.”
Midge left the room and went to the kitchen to eat while Booker-T sat on the back of the chair and visited with Snappy. In about fifteen minutes, Midge came back to the room and was ready to go.
“Bye Snappy,” said Midge. “I will be back later.”
“Have fun,” said Snappy.
Midge and Booker-T hurried through the kitchen and out the doggie door. They ran through the gate and down the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house. As they went through the gate, they noticed lot of cars parked at Melody's house.
“Hey Jake!” called Midge as she and Booker-T hurried through the gate.
“Hi you two,” smiled Jake as he jumped out of the swing. “What are you doing?'
“Don't you remember?” asked Booker-T.
“Remember what?” asked Jake.
“Guess you have a short memory,” laughed Midge.
“Oh,” said Jake. “I forgot. We are going to swim in the pool today.”
“Right,” laughed Midge. “I want to swim in the big pool.”
“What are all the cars doing over there,” said Booker-T.
“I think they are having a pool party today,” said Jake.
“A pool party?” remarked Booker-T.
“I think Melody called it a Splash party,” said Midge.
“Can we go to the splash or pool party?” asked Jake.
“Lets go see,” said Booker-T. “A pool party will be fun. I never went to a pool party.”
The three ran across the street and stopped on the sidewalk and saw the sign on the fence.
“What does it say Jake?” asked Booker-T.
“It says 'welcome to our splash party',” read Jake. “Does that mean us too?”
“Sure,” said Booker-T. “Melody invited us.”
They ran to the back gate and peaked into the back yard. People were standing around the pool, drinking and talking. They saw Melody sitting in a big chair along the back of the house. They ran into the yard toward Melody. Jake tried to weave in and out of the people standing around. As he ran past a woman, he bumped her and she fell into the pool.
“Oh no!” said Jake as he stood at the edge staring down at the woman.
“Jake!” called Melody as she jumped out of the chair and ran toward the side of the pool. “What happened?”
“I think I knocked her into the pool,” sighed Jake. “I'm so sorry. I hope she won't be mad at me.”
“Did she see you?” asked Midge who was standing at the edge of the pool staring into the water.
The woman climbed out of the pool with the help of the man who was standing near her. “Are you okay?” asked Melody's owner as she hurried to the woman. “What happened?”
“I didn't see your dog and as I started to move, he came running past me and I bumped into him and fell into the pool,” said the woman. “But I'm fine.”
“Sorry,” apologized Melody's owner. “He lives across the street. He and my cat play together.”
“She looks like a drowned rat,” whispered Midge to Melody.
“That's cats that look like drowned rats when they are wet,” laughed Jake. “I don't know what you call wet humans.”
“This is a splash party, right?” asked Booker-T.
“Right,” said Melody.
“Well,” said Booker-T. “She made a big splash.”
The four started laughing and ran to the edge of the pool and leaped into the water.
“I think your animals have the right idea,” smiled the woman. “Come on, we are here for a splash party. Lets go swimming.”
They all agreed and leaped into the water for some fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T