Friday, May 26, 2017

Silly Songs

  “OOOO, EEEE, OOOO, Ah ah ting tang, walla walla bing bang,” sang Midge over and over as she walked out of her yard and met Booker-T at the gate to his yard.
“What are you singing?” laughed Booker-T. “Sounds a little strange.”
“It's the Witch Doctor song,” said Midge.
“A witch doctor?” asked Booker-T. “Why are you singing about a witch doctor?”
“It was on the radio this morning when my owner was getting ready for work,” said Midge.
“Do witches have their own doctors?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge shaking her head. “Maybe they do.”
“Do we have any witches and witch doctors living here in our town?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Maybe Jake knows.”

“We can ask him when we get there,” said Booker-T as he and Midge started down the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house.
“Sing it again,” said Booker-T as they skipped along the sidewalk..
“OOOO, EEEE, OOO, Ah ah ting tang, walla walla bing bang,” sang Midge.
“That's just too funny,” laughed Booker-T.
They turned the corner and hurried across the street on their way to Jake's. When they entered the gate at his house, Midge called out to him. “Jake!”
“Hi Midge,” said Jake. “Hi Booker-T. What are you two doing?” a
“We are coming to see you,” said Midge. “We want to go to the little zoo and see the animals again.”
“Do we have witches and witch doctors living in our town, Jake?” asked Booker-T.
“Witches?” asked Jake. “Why do you want to know if we have witches here?”
“Midge was singing a witch doctor song this morning,” said Booker-T.
“Why were you singing about witches?” asked Jake.
“I heard the song on the radio this morning,” said Midge.
“Sing it for him Midge,” said Booker-T.
“Sing it Midge,” said Jake.
“OOOO, EEEE, OOOO, Ah ah ting tang, walla walla bing bang,” sang Midge.
“Oooo, Eeee?” laughed Jake. “What is this Oooo, Eeee stuff for?”
“I don't know,” said Midge.
“Is that all there is in the song?” asked Booker-T.
“No,” said Midge. “That is what the witch doctor said to the person.”
“Why did he say that?” asked Jake. “Do you know?”
“I think he was telling the person to sing it,” said Midge.
“That is a strange song,” said Jake.
“I think it was about someone who loved someone and the other person didn't love back,” said Midge.
“Why did the person go see a witch doctor?” asked Booker-T.
“I think witches do spells on people,” said Jake.
“Oh,” said Midge. “Do you think the witch doctor was doing a spell on someone?”
“Maybe,” said Jake.
“Oh no,” said Midge “Do you think I put a spell on someone when I sang that Oooo, Eeee?”
“I hope not,” said Booker-T. “That would be scary.”
“Maybe only the doctor witches can do those spells,” said Jake. “So you are okay.”
“I hope so Jake,” said Midge. “I sure don't want to put a spell on you by singing that song.”
“I think you have to do more than just sing the song,” said Jake.
“Maybe you better not sing it anymore,” suggested Booker-T.
“You listen to some really funny songs,” said Jake.
“My owner listens to them,” said Midge. “They are on the radio.”
“Do you know any other funny songs?” asked Jake. “A song that is not about witches.”
“I heard one about an outer space alien,” said Midge.
“An outer space alien?” asked Jake.
“Yes,” smiled Midge. “It was a people eating monster I think.”
“It eats people?” asked Booker-T. “I guess we are lucky we are animals.”
“But it only eats people who are purple,” said Midge.
“I've never seen any purple people,” laughed Jake. “Have you seen any?”
“No,” said Midge.
“Sing that song,” said Booker-T.
“I am not sure how it goes,” said Midge. “I remember it said that this alien came down to earth and it had one eye and one horn and he was a flying purple people eater.”
“Maybe the flying alien was purple,” said Jake.
“So he was maybe purple and ate people,” said Booker-T.
“Did the song say why he landed on Earth?” asked Jake.
“Let me think,” said Midge staring into the air a moment. “I remember. He came to earth to sing in a rock and roll band.”
“He wanted to sing?” asked Booker-T.
“Yes,” said Midge. “He sang, Bop bapa loop a lap a loom bam boom”
“Ha ha ha,” laughed Jake. “He called that singing?”
“I guess so,” smiled Midge. “Later in the song it said that he was a on a TV show playing music with the horn on his head.”
“Those are funny songs,” laughed Booker-T. “About a witch doctor and a purple alien that eats people who wants to sing.”
“People listen to funny songs,” said Jake.
“I guess they do,” said Midge.
“Does your owner listen to funny songs too?” asked Booker-T.
“She doesn't listen to music too much,” said Jake.
“She don't like music?” asked Midge.
“I think she does sometimes,” said Jake. “Most of the time she has the news on the TV.”
“Mine only listens to the music in the mornings when she is getting ready to go to work,” said Midge. “Today was some funny songs. One was about a car going really fast and kept on beeping.”
“Was it racing?” asked Jake.
“I think so,” said Midge. “I like that song.”
“Does your owner listen to music Booker-T?” asked Jake.
“Sometimes,” said Booker-T. “But I never heard any funny ones about witches and aliens from outer space.”
“Do you want to go to the zoo?” asked Midge.
“Yes,” said Jake. “Lets go.”

The three wandered up the sidewalk while Midge sang the witch song.  

1 comment:

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T