Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Bull Fight

Midge and Booker-T slowly walked along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house.
“What are we going to do today Midge?” asked Booker-T.
“I want to check out that community pool,” replied Midge.
“Why?” asked Booker-T.
“I want to swim in the pool,” said Midge.
“It's too cold right now to swim,” said Booker-T. “It's winter time, remember.”
“I know,” said Midge. “I think Jake read on the sign that it will have an outside pool and an inside heated pool for winter.”
“But no dogs are allowed inside,” said Booker-T.

“That's what the sign said about the water park too,” said Midge. “Remember we got in there and got into the water.”
“We also got kicked out by the guard, remember?” said Booker-T. “And he was not very happy with us.”
“He sure did run after us,” laughed Midge. “And he almost lost his flashlight in the water.”
“Midge, you promised no more dangerous things,” said Booker-T.
“But swimming isn't dangerous,” said Midge. “We know how to swim. We always swim in the park pond.”
“It can be dangerous,” said Booker-T. “You could drown in the pool.”
“I know how to swim,” replied Midge.
“Don't you want to do something else?” asked Booker-T as they entered the gate at Jake's house.
“I want to do something fun,” said Midge. “What else can we do/”
“We haven't walked to the farm lately,” said Booker-T. “Lets go visit the cows again.”
“And the Bull,” said Midge. “I know, I want to be a bull fighter.”
“A bull fighter!” said Jake as they joined Jake on the porch. “You never fought a bull before.”
“I watched them on TV one time.” said Midge. “It don't look too hard.”
“That doesn't mean you can fight them,” said Jake. “They are really big and you are really small.”
“The bull at the farm wasn't mean,” said Midge.
“Why do you want to fight him?” asked Jake.
“She don't really,” said Booker-T. “She really wants to check out the new community pool.”
“Oh,” said Jake. “The bull is just a distraction.”
“What's a distraction?” asked Booker-T.
“It's when you think of one thing so you don't think about another one,” said Jake.
“But I can think of more than one thing at a time,” said Midge. “I can fight the bull and think I would rather be swimming.”
“Okay Midge,” said Jake. “Lets go to the farm.”
“Okay,” said Midge. “Lets go.”
The three hurried along the sidewalk to the farm.
“There is the bull Midge,” said Booker-T. “Are you going to fight him?”
“Not today,” said Midge.
“But you said you wanted to fight the bull,” said Jake. “Are you backing out?”
“I know,” said Midge. “But I don't have a red cape.”
“Why do you need a red cape?” asked Booker-T.
“Just walk right in there and tell him you want to fight,” said Jake.
“Oh no,” said Midge. “The guy on the TV had a red cape. I really need a red cape to fight him.”
“Are you scared Midge?” asked Booker-T.
“Wasn't my resolution to not do anything dangerous?' asked Midge.
“Yes,” said Jake.
“Okay,” said Midge. “Bulls are dangerous. Lets go to the pool now, Okay,”
“Pools can be dangerous too,” said Jake. “You can drown in them.”
“But I can swim,” said Midge. “I never fought a bull before and I don't have a red cape.”
“Lets go check out the pool,” laughed Jake. “Today you not fight the bull but maybe another time you can.”

Midge agreed and they headed to the site of the new pool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T