Friday, August 10, 2018

Space Aliens Arrived


Midge skipped along the sidewalk going to Booker-T's house. “Hey Booker-T!” called Midge as she entered the yard. “Where are you?”
“Hey Midge,” smiled Booker-T as he came running around the corner of the house from the back yard. “Hi. What are you doing?”
“I'm coming to see you,” smiled Midge. “What are you doing?”
“I just finished my breakfast,” said Booker-T.
“Me too,” replied Midge. “Are you ready to go to Jake's house?”
“Lets go,” said Booker-T as they started for the gate. As they left the yard, they saw Jake hurrying along the sidewalk. The stood at the gate and waited for Jake to join them.
“Hi Jake,” said Midge. “We were just going to come to your house.”
“I hurried as fast as I could to beat you,” said Jake.
“Why?” asked Booker-T. “Is everything okay?”

“I saw them Midge,” said Jake. “I saw them!”
“Who did you see?” asked Midge.
“They are here,” said Jake. “They really are here.”
“Who is here?” asked Booker-T.
“I really saw them Midge,” said Jake all excited. “I really did see them. You are right.”
“I'm right about what?” asked Midge. “Who did you see.”
“The aliens Midge,” said Jake. “I saw them. They are space aliens.”
“Where did you see aliens?” asked Booker-T.
“I was laying on the front porch waiting for you to come,” said Jake. “And there they were.”
“Where?” asked Midge.
“Walking by the house,” said Jake. “They just walked on by my house.”
“How many did you see?” asked Midge.
“There were little ones and big ones,” said Jake. “Did you see them?”
“No,” said Midge shaking her head.
“I didn't see any space aliens either,” said Booker-T. “Were you dreaming, Jake?”
“You missed them,” said Jake. “No, I was awake. I saw them.”
“Maybe they are walking around somewhere and we can find them,” suggested Midge. “Lets go back to your house.”
“Do you think they will take us to their ship if they see us?” asked Booker-T. “Did you see their ship?”
“No,” said Jake. “They were just walking on the sidewalk. Maybe they were going back to their space ship. I bet it was parked somewhere.”
“Maybe they parked it at the school,” said Midge. “There is a lot of space for them to park a ship.”
“Come on,” said Booker-T. “Lets hurry.”
The three hurried along the sidewalk to the school. The looked around the are when they got to the school yard. “I don't see anything,” said Midge.
“Maybe they are hiding,” suggested Jake.
“Lets go to the other side of the school,” said Booker-T.
They slowly started to walk to the other side of the school. They peaked around the corner. “Look over there Midge,” said Jake. “That's them. Looks like there are six space aliens.”
“What are they doing?” asked Midge.
“Looks like they are sitting around a fire,” said Booker-T. “Why are they sitting around a fire?”
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Do you think they are cold?”
“Is it cold outside?” asked Midge.
“No, I guess not,” said Booker-T. “Why are they sitting around the fire?”
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Why don't you go ask them Booker-T.”
“I don't want to go out there,” whispered Booker-T. “You go out there.”
“I don't want to go either,” said Midge. “Will you go Jake?”
“Oh no,” said Jake. “They might take me to outer space with them. I don't want to go.”
“Do you see a space ship?” asked Booker-T.
Jake looked around the area and didn't see anything. “No,” said Jake. “I don't see one here. Maybe it is behind the school.”
“Lets go to the other side of the school,” said Midge.
“How?” asked Booker-T. “We can't walk past them, can we?”
“Maybe we can go around the police station and they won't see us,” said Jake. “Come on lets go.”
The three quietly walked back away from the area and walked to the police station and around the back of the building. They hurried across to the back of the school.
“I don't see any space ship,” said Midge. “I don't see any cars either.”
“They were walking,” said Jake as he peaked around the school yard wall.
“What are they doing?” asked Midge.
“They are cooking something on the fire,” said Booker-T. “It smells good, Midge.”
“Do you think they will give us something to eat?” asked Midge.
“Do you want to talk to the space aliens and asked for food?” asked Jake.
“Maybe,” said Midge. “I will go ask if you want me too.”
“Do you think they will understand what you are saying?” asked Midge.
“Hmmm,” said Midge. “I don't know. I can try. I'm hungry. They don't look scary.”
“Hey look!” said Jake. “That one over there just took his head off.”
“What!” said Booker-T.
“Look Jake,” said Midge. “They are just kids dressed up as space aliens.”
“But why?” asked Booker-T. “It isn't Halloween.”
“Do you think they are making a movie?” asked Midge.
“I don't see any cameras,” said Jake.
“I think your space aliens are pretend ones like Midge saw,” laughed Booker-T.
“Do you think if we go sit down in front of them, they will feed us?” asked Midge.
“But we don't know what they are making,” said Jake. “It might not be good.”
“It smells good,” said Booker-T.
“I heard on the news last week that we shouldn't take candy from strangers,” said Midge.
“That's for kids,” said Jake. “We are two dogs and a cat.”
“But they might hurt us too,” said Midge. “Lets go home and get something to eat.”
“Okay,” said Booker-T. “Why are they dressed like space aliens?”
“I don't know,” said Jake. “I don't think they will tell us either.”
“Maybe not,” said Midge. “We can't ask them either. So lets go home. Maybe something will be on the news later when my owner turns it on.”
“I really thought your space aliens finally landed,” laughed Jake.
“Me too,” said Midge. “I was hoping. Maybe next time.”

1 comment:

  1. cutie story, one of these days, the wish may come true:):)

    ReplyDelete

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T