Thursday, January 17, 2019

They Arrived in the Storm


Midge sat on the front porch watching the rain falling as the drops of rain bounced on the porch railings. Thunder boomed and broke the silence as large streaks of lightning flashed across the sky. Suddenly there was a very loud boom of thunder and Midge jumped and a bright light lit the front yard. In front of her stood a large round dome with what looked like dark windows. Midge stood up and stared at the object. It was a shiny chrome color and glistened in the bright flashes of lightning. She looked around and saw no one in the area.
As the rain fell heavier, the wind began blowing harder and harder.

Maybe this is an alien space ship,” thought Midge as she stood at the edge of the porch staring at it waiting for someone to maybe come out of the ship.
When the rain quit falling, Midge slowly stepped off the porch and walked over to the shiny object in her front yard. She stared at it as she walked around and around it several time. She banged on what looked like a door.
“Hello!” called Midge. “Any one in there? I can't take you to our leader because I don't know where he is.”
Nothing was happening. No one opened a door or a window. She sat down in front of the door and stared at it as if her thoughts would cause it to open but nothing happened.
“If you are in there,” said Midge. “Come out and talk to me. I want to meet you.”
Midge just sat there and nothing was happening. She got tired of just staring at it and turned to walk back to the porch.
I wonder what that thing is,” thought Midge. “Maybe Jake is right and there is no such thing as a space alien. Maybe that thing isn't really there and I'm just seeing things.”
She climbed into the swing and laid down. “Maybe if I close my eyes a minute or two,” thought Midge. “That shiny object will disappear.”
She closed her eyes and the air stopped blowing so hard. The air seemed a little cooler now as she dozed off for a short time. When she woke up and opened her eyes, standing in front of her were three little men dressed in black suits with red helmets. They stood staring at her.
“Who are you?” asked Midge. “What do you want?”
“That is our ship,” said one of the men. “We came to talk to you.”
“Are you real?” asked Midge.
“Oh yes,” said the man. “We are very real. Can't you see us?”
“I see you,” said Midge. “But maybe I'm dreaming.”
“No,” said the little man. “We are real and here looking at you.”
“Where are you from?” asked Midge.
“We came here from the planet of Zar,” said one of the men.
“I never heard of Zar,” said Midge.
“We came here on the flash of lightning in the storm,” said another of the men.
“Why did you come here?” asked Midge.
“You called us,” said the man.
“I didn't call anyone,” said Midge. “I'm not allowed to use the phone. “I'm just a dog.”
“You called us with your thoughts, Midge,” said the man.
“How did you know my name?” asked Midge.
“You told us,” said the man. “My name is Karo and this one is my brother Milo and this other guy is Pike.”
“I never talked to you before,” said Midge.
“You talked to us many time,” said Milo. “So today we hitched a ride here on the bolt of lightning.”
“We saw you watching the rain and wanting us to come,” said Pike.
“Aren't you happy to see us?” asked Karo
“I always wanted to meet a space alien,” said Midge. “Jake keeps telling me there are no such things as space aliens.”
“Touch my hand,” said Milo as he reached out to Midge.
“Midge, do you think you are dreaming?' asked Karo.
“Maybe,” said Midge as she reached her paw out to touch Milo's hand. “You feel like you are real. Jake will really be surprised when I tell him.”
“Do you think he will believe you this time?” asked Pike.
“He will when he sees your space ship in my front yard,” said Midge.
“Are you sure?' asked Milo.
“Oh sure,” smiled Midge. “Jake is my good friend.”
“Why don't you call him and tell him to come?” asked Karo.
“We can't use the phone” said Midge. “It is for humans and we are animals.”
“You called us without a phone” said Milo. “Give it a try. Call his name out.”
“Jake!” called Midge. “Jake!”
“Midge,” said Jake tapping Midge on the head. “Midge wake up!”
Midge opened her eyes and stared at Jake. “It worked!”
“What worked?” asked Jake.
“I called you and you came,” said Midge.
“Came where?” asked Jake.
“To my house” said Midge. “The space aliens are here too.”
“Midge, you were sleeping,” laughed Booker-T. “We are at Jake's house.”
Midge stood up and looked around . “There aren't any space aliens here?” asked Midge.
“No,” said Jake. “And no spaceship. You were dreaming.”
“It was so real, Jake,” sighed Midge.
“I know,” said Jake. “That happens sometimes and it's okay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T