Thursday, October 31, 2019

It's Halloween - Happy Halloween


Jake walked along the sidewalk on his way to Midge's house. He stopped at Booker-T's house and called him to come with him. Booker-T hurried to through the gate and they entered the gate at Midge's house. Midge wasn't on the porch where she usually waited for them
"Lets go around the back and see if she is back there," said Booker-T.
"Hey Midge," called Jake as they walked to the back yard. "Where are you this morning?"
"Lets go inside," said Booker-T. "Maybe she is sick."

They crawled through the doggie door and hurried across the kitchen floor to the living room. Booker-T ran and jumped in one of the chairs next to Snappy's tank. "Hi Snappy," smiled Booker-T.
"Hi Booker-T," said Snappy. "What are you and Jake doing?"
"Where is Midge?" asked Jake. "Is she still sleeping?"
"I think she is," said Snappy. "she was awake late last night watching a scary movie with our owner."
"Oh, that's right," said Jake. "Today is Halloween. All the kids will be coming to the door at night wanting candy and they will have all kinds of different costumes so we can't see who they really are."
"It is so much fun looking at all the funny costumes," said Booker-T. "My owner always gives out lots of candy."
"Mine too," said Jake. "Can you see them through the window, Snappy?"
"I think I can see them," said Snappy. "Do pets dress up for Halloween?"
"Some do," said Jake. "The little poodle next door to me, always dresses like a ballerina."
"I want to be a ballerina," said Midge as she entered the living room.
"Hey Midge," said Booker-T. "Good morning. Snappy said you were up late watching TV with your owner."
"She watched a scary movie last night," said Midge. "I had to close my eyes sometimes."
"Did you have nightmares after you went to bed?" asked Booker-T.
"Yes," said Midge. "I woke up when someone scary in my dreams was chasing me."
"Are you ready for all those kids in their funny and scary costumes coming to the house tonight?" asked Jake.
"I like to see all the kids at the door," said Midge. "My owner takes all their pictures when they come. Some of them are so cute with their little costumes."
"What is your favorite costume?" asked Jake.
"I love the clowns," said Midge. "They are so cute with their clown colorful suit with puffy buttons and a hat with a puffy ball tassle on the end."
"The ones I saw had ruffles all around the neck, the arms and the legs of the suit," smiled Booker-T. "The little kids are so cute as clowns."
"I don't like the monster ones," said Midge. "They scare me."
"I always sit at the door with my owner when she opens the door," said Jake. "My owner puts a hat on my head before she opens the door. The kids laugh at me."
"I want to be a ballerina for Halloween," said Midge. "I bet I would be a good ballerina."
"You would look cute with that ruffly skirt," said Jake. "If I got to pick what I want to be for Halloween, I would like to be a pirate."
"What would you be Booker-T?" asked Midge.
"I would be a big tiger," said Booker-T. "I already have the color for it. I just need a tiger head to go with the little body."
"You would look funny with a big tiger head and little cat body," laughed Midge.
"You could be a Dalmation, Midge," said Booker-T. "You already have the black spots. Some of your spots are bigger ones though. "
"Humans have all these cool holidays," said Midge. "We don't have any holidays, do we?"
"I don't think they make holidays for pets," said Jake. "Maybe we can make one."
"What kind of holiday can we do?" asked Midge.
"How about 'adopt-a-pet' holiday," suggested Snappy.
"That is a good one," said Midge.
"I like that one too," said Jake.
"Hey guys," said Snappy. "Look out the window."
Jake and Midge jumped into the chairs and looked out the window.. They say a large group of kids walking down the street all dressed in costumes. There were witches, ballerinas, pirates, clowns, princesses, scarecrows, ghosts and some others.
"Hurry," said Midge. "Lets go outside and see where they are going."
The three ran outside and around to the front of the house. They sat outside the gate and watched all the kids going down the street.
"Maybe they are marching around the neighborhood showing off their costumes," suggested Jake.
"Look Jake," said Midge. "There is your next door poodle dressed as a ballerina. Isn't she cute when she walks on her hind legs."
"She does a lot of tricks for her owners and others," said Jake. "She is really smart. I think her owner has her perform on stage sometimes."
"Wow," said Midge. "You have a famous dog next door to you."
"She is nice, but she don't like to go and have fun like we do," said Jake. "Her owner took her to something called Obedience school last year."
"That's cool she can do tricks," said Booker-T.
"But we do tricks too," said Midge.
"Look there Midge," said Jake. "It's a little boy dressed up like a pirate and so is his dog. Aren't they cute?"
"I think they are on the way back to school," said Jake. "Today is a school day."
"I guess they will go do the trick or treat stuff tonight," said Midge. "Then we can see them up close when they come to the door."
"Boo!" said Gabby as he flew down from the tree looking like a ghost.
"YEW!!" yelled Midge. "You scared me. Hi Gabby."
"I'm a ghost today," said Gabby pulling the white material off his head. "Halloween is fun."
"I like seeing the costumes," said Booker-T.
"Come on and lets go back inside the house," said Midge. "Come with us Gabby. Snappy would love to say hi to you. He never sees you now that he isn't out there in the park anymore."
"Okay," said Gabby as he followed them inside while Midge held the door open for him to enter.
They all went to the living room to sit and talk with Snappy before going to the park to play in the pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T