Friday, June 11, 2021

It's Party Time

 

Booker-T walked into the front yard at Midge's house and found Midge dancing around singing.

"It's party time," sang Midge. "Oh yes, the part time is almost here."

"Hey Midge," said Booker-T. "What are you doing?"

"I'm happy, happy, happy," smiled Midge. "What are you doing?"

"Well," said Booker-T. "I came to see what you are doing. What are you happy about?"

"Summer is here," said Midge. "Summer is here and it's party time."

"Who is having a party?" asked Booker-T.

"My owner is planning a party," said Midge. "I can't wait to party!"

"What is the party for?" asked Booker-T.

"It's for summer time," said Midge. "My owner is having something called a backyard party."

"Can I come to your backyard party?" asked Booker-T.

"Sure," said Midge. "You and Jake can come."

"Where are we going?" asked Jake as he walked up to the porch. "I heard you saying we can come."

"My owner is having a backyard party," smiled Midge.

"Why?" asked Jake.

"Summer is coming and it's party time," said Midge. "There will be lot of food and dancing."

"That will be fun," smiled Jake. "Parties are fun, but when my owner has a party she makes me go to the basement."

"Why?" asked Booker-T.

"Because it is a party for the humans and not for animals," said Jake. "I have to stay out of the way."

"Do you think your owner will do the same thing, Midge?" asked Booker-T. "Maybe she don't want us there."

"I don't think so," said Midge.

"When is the party?" asked Jake.

"I think it is next week," said Midge. "I heard her talking to her brother on the phone."

"Will there be little humans at the party?" asked Booker-T.

"I think so," said Midge.

"Maybe you can come to my house when they party," said Jake.

"But I want to party," sighed Midge. "I like to party,"

"I know you do," laughed Jake. "You always like to have fun."

"Don't you like to have fun?" asked Midge.

"I like to have fun," said Booker-T.

"We can go to the party and if they shoo us away," said Jake. "We can come to my house."

"Okay," said Midge.

"What are you guys doing?" asked Gabby as he flew down from the trees and landed on the porch railing.

"We are just sitting here and talking," said Midge.

"What are you talking about?" asked Gabby.

"Midge's owner is going to have a party next week," said Booker-T.

"What kind of party?" asked Gabby.

"She told her brother it was a backyard party," said Midge. "Do you want to come?"

"Are you going to be having fun at the party?" asked Gabby.

"Oh yes," smiled Midge. "My owner likes lot of food and dancing and we can eat and dance some too."

"I don't dance, but I like to eat," smiled Gabby. "Eating is fun."

"I like to eat too," said Booker-T. "Midge likes to dance."

"I could be a dancer," said Midge as she danced around the yard. "Don't you think so?"

"Sure," said Booker-T as he rolled his eyes.

"We know you like to dance," said Jake. "We remember when you tried to enter the dance competition at the gym last year."

"They chased us out of the building," laughed Booker-T.

"They didn't give me a chance to try and win," sighed Midge. "I like to dance too."

"I know," said Jake. "But we aren't human so they won't let us."

"The humans didn't like me entering the dog show either," said Midge. "Remember?"

"I remember," laughed Booker-T. "They ran after you and we had to run out fast."

"I just want to have fun," said Midge. "Humans have fun all the time."

"Humans also have to work a job," said Jake. "Our owners go to work every day."

"Do they have fun at work?" asked Midge.

"I don't know," said Jake.

"I think work is hard," suggested Midge.

"How do you know?" asked Booker-T.

"Sometimes my owner comes home talking to herself," said Midge. "Because she tells herself it was a bad day."

"Is she talking to herself?" asked Jake. "Maybe she is talking to you."

"Maybe she is," smiled Midge. "But she don't understand what I say back to her."

"I know," said Booker-T. "I wish our humans could understand what we say."

"Me too," agreed Midge. "If they understood what we say, we could ask them for things and they would know what we wanted."

"You guys are funny," laughed Gabby. "Humans will never know what we say."

"It could happen one day," suggested Midge.

"Maybe in the future," said Booker-T. "But I think Gabby is right. We can understand what they say but they don't understand what we say."

"Okay guys," said Jake. "What are we going to do today?"

"Do you want to go see the horses and cows at the farm today?" asked Midge.

"Okay," said Jake. "Do you want to go Booker-T?"

"Lets go," said Booker-T.

The three hurried through the door and walked along the sidewalk until they reached the farm.

"Hey," said Booker-T. "Look over there. What are they building?"

"I don't know," said Jake. "Lets go check it out and check the sign."

"What does it say?" asked Midge.

"They are making a baseball field for little humans," read Jake.

"When?" asked Midge.

"It says that the field will have it's first game in two weeks," read Jake.

"Lets come watch," suggested Booker-T.

"I might want to play too," smiled Midge.

"You can't play baseball," said Jake.

"I can chase the ball," said Midge.

"Oh my," sighed Jake. "You always want to do things you can't do."

"I never give up," said Midge as she turned to walk back to the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T