Friday, January 7, 2022

I Want to go Sledding

  

"Good morning Midge," said Snappy as Midge entered the living room.

She ran and jumped in the chair and put her paws on the top of the tank. "Hi Snappy," said Midge. "Good morning."

"You slept late today," said Snappy. "Are you okay?"

"I am good," said Midge. "I was sleepy last night."

"What are you going to do today?" asked Snappy. "This is still the new year, isn't it?"

"Yes," said Midge. "It is still the new year."

"Do you do different things now that it is a different year?" asked Snappy.

"No," said Midge. "We still do the same things in the new year."

"Isn't that boring?" asked Snappy. "Why don't you do something new?"

"I don't know," said Midge. "I don't know what we can do that is different."

"Maybe Jake or Booker-T will know," suggested Snappy.

"Yes maybe they will know," said Midge.

"Are they coming to our house?" asked Snappy.

"I think so," said Midge.

"Good morning," said Booker-T as he walked into the living room. "What are you guys doing?"

"Hi Booker-T," greeted Midge. "We were just talking."

"About what?" asked Booker-T.

"I asked Midge, what you guys are going to do today," said Snappy. "I wondered if you will do new things because it is a new year."

"I don't know," said Booker-T. "Can we find some new things to do, Midge?"

"I don't know," said Midge. "We would have a lot of things to do if we were humans."

"I think those little humans do the same things over and over again," said Booker-T. "We always see them sliding down the hills on the sleds and we see them all the time riding those skateboards on that ramp."

"I think you are right," said Midge. "I didn't think of that."

"We do something and then later we do something different," said Booker-T. "We always have fun."

"I know," said Midge. "What are we going to do today?"

"Jake didn't say," said Midge. "He should be here soon."

"How are you doing, Snappy?" asked Booker-T. "Did you have a good Christmas time?"

"It was good," smiled Snappy. "See my new flowers and a new log to sit on."

"You little pond looks really nice, Snappy," said Booker-T.

"Hi everyone," said Jake as he strolled into the living room. "What are you guys doing?"

"Hi Jake," smiled Midge. "We were all taking about what we will do for the new year."

"Are you guys going to do some more of the same things?" asked Snappy.

"I think that is all we have to do," said Booker-T. "I think we are boring sometimes."

"No," said Midge, "We aren't really boring. We just like to do the same things."

"Doesn't that get boring?" asked Snappy.

"Do you get bored in your tank all the time?" asked Midge.

"No," said Snappy. "I'm happy here in my little pond with the nice log to sit on and look out the window and it is never cold in here."

"You know what I want to do today?" asked Jake.

"What?" asked Booker-T.

"I want to slide down the hill on your sled, Midge," said Jake.

"We can't today," sighed Midge.

"Why?" asked Booker-T.

"My owner's nephew took the sled home," said Midge.

"I have an idea," said Jake. "Come on, lets go to my house."

"What are we going to do there?" asked Booker-T.

"We can get the top off the trashcan," said Jake.

"And ride it down the hill!" said Midge as her eyes lit up and she smiled big.

"Lets go!" said Booker-T.

"Have fun," said Snappy.

The three hurried out the doggie door and ran around the house and out the front gate. They

slid in the snow and Booker-T slid off the sidewalk into the street. Midge and Jake stood there laughing at him sitting in the snow.

"It's not funny," sighed Booker-T.

"Maybe a little," smiled Midge.

"Are you okay?" asked Jake. "Want me to help you up?"

"No," sighed Booker-T. "I can get up. My backside is cold."

"Come on," said Jake. "Lets get to my house and warm up."

They hurried through the gate at Jake's house and around to the back door where they each crawled through the doggie door into the warmth of the house.

"It's so cold out there this morning," said Midge as she stood shivering in the kitchen. "Do you really want to go sledding down the hill this morning?"

"Sure," smiled Jake. "It will be fun. I thought you like to go sledding down the hill."

"But the cold isn't fun," said Booker-T. "I'm cold."

"Me too, Jake," said Midge. "I do like to sled down the hill, but the sun isn't out this morning. Can we wait til the sun comes out? It is really cold out there this morning. I'm shaking."

"Do you want to stay here and eat?" asked Jake.

"I like to eat," laughed Booker-T.

"Ha ha," laughed Midge. "You always like to eat and Jake always wants to nap."

"And you always want to be a human," said Jake.

"Humans have fun all the time," said Midge.

"Only the little humans have lot of fun," said Jake. "The big humans go work all the time and pay bills. My owner is always complaining about the bills."

"Mine too," smiled Midge. "I think that part would be hard. We don't work."

"I am happy not working," said Booker-T. "I like being a cat and my owner taking care of me."

"We will go sledding when the sun comes out," said Jake. "Maybe tomorrow."

"Okay," said Midge. "Lets eat a little and take a nap."

"I like a nap," smiled Booker-T. "What do you have to eat?"

"Come on," said Jake. "It's in the laundry room."

The three hurried to the laundry room for a snack and a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T