Friday, January 28, 2022

What do You Like to Do Best

 

Midge sat up on the end of the bed when her owner woke up for the day and got cleaned up and ready for work. She followed her owner to the kitchen where she gave her fresh water and food.

"There you are Midge," smiled her owner as she set the bowls on the floor mat.

She turned and went back to the bedroom to finish getting ready for work as Midge ate her breakfast and drank some water. When she finished, she ran to the living room and leaped into the chair beside Snappy's tank. She stood on her hind legs and put her paws on the table where the tank stood. She pressed her nose against the glass looking for Snappy.

"Hi Snappy," called out Midge. "Where are you? I can't see you."

Snappy poked his head out from under the small branch of leaves. "Hi Midge," said Snappy as he crawled onto the log near the small pond. "What are you doing?"

"Were you sleeping?" asked Midge. 'I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"I was sleeping," said Snappy. "But it is okay. You are awake early today."

"I know," said Midge. "I got up when our owner did this morning. She is getting ready for work."

"The sun is out already this morning too," said Snappy. "Is the snow melting now?"

"There is still some snow on the ground, but it is melted off the sidewalk and the streets," said Midge. "I am ready for spring to come now."

"When will spring be here?" asked Snappy.

"I think it will be here in two more months," said Midge.

Their owner entered the living room with her purse in hand and her coat on. She patted Midge on the head before going out the door. "Be good girl," said Midge's owner as she patted her head and put some fresh turtle food into Snappy's tank. "Watch over Snappy, girl."

"She is nice," smiled Snappy.

"Yes she is," agreed Midge as she watched their owner go out the door on her way to work for the day.

"Are you going to go to Jake's house this morning?" asked Snappy.

"Yes," said Midge. "When Booker-T comes over, we will go."

"What are you going to do today?" asked Snappy.

"I don't know yet," said Midge. "I think we have to do some of the things we have already done because there is nothing new here to do."

"You sound like you are getting bored," said Snappy.

"Some times I think," said Midge. "But that's okay. We can do some things over again. I think humans do the same things more than once."

"What do you like to do best?" asked Snappy.

"I think my favorite thing is to go visit the animals at the zoo transfer building," said Midge. "I like talking to them. My favorite animal, I think, was the little Meercat and the monkeys are funny."

"Do they ever have turtles in there?" asked Snappy.

"I don't know," said Midge. "When we are there, we haven't seen any turtles yet. Maybe one day there will be one."

"Maybe," smiled Snappy.

"Hey you guys," greeted Booker-T as he entered the living room and leaped into the chair with Midge.

"Hi Booker-T," said Midge.

"Hi Snappy," said Booker-T.

"Hi," smiled Snappy. "What are you going to do today?"

"I don't know yet," said Booker-T.

"You could do Midge's favorite thing today," said Snappy.

"You have a favorite thing to do, Midge?" asked Booker-T.

"Yes," said Midge. "I think I do. Snappy and I were talking about it before you came in."

"What is your favorite thing to do?" asked Booker-T.

"I think going to see the animals at the zoo transfer building," smiled Midge. "Do you have a favorite thing to do, Booker-T?"

"I like the petting zoo," said Booker-T. "We can go into the fenced area with them."

"That is fun too," said Midge. "The little humans like the petting zoo too."

"I like that they pet us when we are there visiting the little animals," smiled Booker-T.

"That's always nice," smiled Midge.

"Do you want to go to the petting zoo today?" asked Booker-T. "I think Jake likes to go see the animals too."

"The snow is melting, so we can't go sledding," said Midge. "That thing called the amusement park isn't opened yet, so we can't sneak in there, so maybe we can go see the animals at the petting zoo and the zoo transfer building."

"Lets go see what Jake wants to do," said Booker-T.

"Okay," smiled Midge as she jumped down to the floor. "I'm ready to go. I will see you later, Snappy."

"Bye, Snappy," said Booker-T as he followed Midge to the kitchen.

They crawled through the doggie door and ran around the house to the front yard and saw Jake coming through the gate.

"Hi Jake," said Midge. "What are you doing?"

"I'm coming through your gate," said Jake.

"I see that," said Midge. "Booker-T and I were coming to your house."

"But I'm not there," said Jake. "I am here."

"Yes you are," smiled Booker-T. "I think we are late, Midge."

"Yes," said Jake. "I was waiting on my front porch but no one came."

"We were talking to Snappy," said Midge.

"Let's go in the house so I can say hi to Snappy before we go do something," suggested Jake.

"Sure," said Midge as she started to walk to the back of the house.

Jake and Booker-T followed Midge into the house and they ran to the living room.

"I thought you went to Jake's house," said Snappy when he saw them enter the living room.

"We were," said Booker-T. "But Jake got here first."

"They were late," said Jake. "So I came here looking for them."

"Oh, okay," said Snappy. "What are you guys going to do today?"

"I don't know yet," said Jake.

"Midge likes to go see the animals at the zoo place," suggested Snappy.

"Is that what you want to do, Midge?" asked Jake.

"Sure," smiled Midge. "We haven't been there lately."

"Do you want to go, Jake?" asked Booker-T.

"Lets go," said Jake. "See you later Snappy."

"Have fun," smiled Snappy.

Jake, Midge and Booker-T ran for the back door and crawled through the doggie door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T