Friday, February 25, 2022

The New Baby

 

Midge went back to sleep on the end of her owner's bed after she left for work. He house was quiet and Midge slept an hour longer. She stretched and jumped down to the floor after she woke up. She hurried to the living room and jumped into the chair beside Snappy's tank.

“Good morning, Midge,” greeted Snappy “you slept late this morning.”

“I know,” smiled Midge. “I think Booker-T is waiting for me so we can go to Jake's house.

“Yes,” said Booker-T as he entered the room and heard her talking to Snappy. “I was waiting for you. What happened to you?”

“Hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “I slept late this morning.”

“I know,” said Booker-T. “That's why I am here to find you.”

“I'm not lost,” laughed Midge. “I only slept late.”

“I know you aren't lost,” said Booker-T. I see you in the chair and I hear you talking to Snappy,.”

“Are you going to Jake's house?” asked Snappy.

“I came here,” said Jake as he entered the room.

“Hi Jake,” smiled Midge.

“Looks like we are all here,” said Jake. “What happened to you and Booker-T this morning?”

”Midge slept last this morning,” laughed Snappy.

“Hi Snappy,” greeted Jake. “That's okay.”

“It's good to see you and Booker-T this morning,” said Snappy. “I”m glad Midge slept late so you came to the house. I don't see you guys too much now.”

“I guess we should come to see you more often,” said Jake. “I always forget. Midge tells us how you are doing.”

“I see Midge every day,” smiled Snappy. “How do you like my new little house our owner put in my tank now?”

Jake pressed his nose against the glass and saw a small yellow and green house that Snappy can crawl into and hide. “That is nice, Snappy,” smiled Jake.

“I like it too,” said Booker-T. “Your tank is really nice and I know it is warmer than being out at the park in the cold winter.”

“It's better than being at the pond where all the little humans play,” said Snappy. “I'm just a little guy and I always had to hide from them so they didn't step on me.”

“We are happy you are safer now,” said Midge.

“And we do miss you when we go to the park pond to play,” said Booker-T. “But we are happy you are safer here.”

“What are you guys going to do today?” asked Snappy.

“I think we are going to walk to the farm and visit the cows today,” said Midge.

“That will be fun,” smiled Snappy. “Are you guys ready to go?” asked Jake.

“Lets go,” said Midge as she leaped out of the chair and started walking toward the kitchen.

Suddenly she stopped and turned around when she heard something.

“What's wrong Midge?” asked Booker-T as he bumped into her. “Why did you stop walking?”

“I heard a tapping noise,” said Midge looking around.

“Gabby is tapping on the window,” laughed Snappy.

Midge looked up and saw Gabby on the windowsill. “Lets go see what Gabby is doing,” said Midge as she walked to the kitchen and crawled through the doggie door with Booker-T and Jake following behind.

As they went into the back yard, Gabby flew around to the corner of the house and landed on the edge of the small backyard fountain.

“Hi Gabby,” greeted Midge. “What are you doing?”

“Hi Guys,” smiled Gabby. “What are you guys doing?

“We were going to walk to the farm and visit the cows today. Do you want to come with us?” asked Jake.

“Sure,” said Gabby. “Lets go to the petting zoo first.”

“We can,” suggested Booker-T.

They have a new baby animal at the petting zoo today,” said Gabby.

“What kind of baby?” asked Midge.

“It is a baby miniature donkey,” said Gabby.

“Lets go see the donkey,” said Midge. “Maybe I can ride it.”

“It's a baby,” laughed Jake. “He don't want to carry you around.”

“Okay, I won't ride it,” sighed Midge.

“Okay,” said Jake. “Lets go see the little baby donkey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T