Friday, April 29, 2022

Look What I Found

 

Midge followed her owner to the kitchen early in the morning and sat near her bowls waiting for breakfast. After feeding Midge and Snappy, she left for work. Midge jumped into the chair near Snappy's tank. She looked out the window and saw Booker-T and Jake walking along the sidewalk and coming through the front gate.

“Here comes Jake and Booker-T,” said Midge

“What are you guys going to do this morning?” asked Snappy.

“I don't know yet,” said Midge.

“Is Lucy going to play with you today?” asked Snappy.

“I think so,” said Midge.

“Hi Snappy,” greeted Booker-T as he entered the room followed by Jake. “Hi Midge.”

“Hey guys,” smiled Midge. “What are you doing?”

“We came over to your house to find out what you want to do today,” said Jake.

“I don't know,” said Midge. “Are we going to the farm to get Lucy?”

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “She likes to have fun with us.”

“Maybe we can play with her at the farm today,” suggested Midge. “I like running around the farm and visiting with the cows.”

“We can do that,” agreed Jake.

“Hey guys,” said Snappy. “Look out the window. It's Lucy and she has a horse with her.”

“What!” said Booker-T jumping onto the back of the chair and looking out the window.

Jake and Midge ran to the kitchen and crawled out the doggie door. As they ran around to the front of the house, they saw Lucy enter the front yard through the gate. Booker-T jumped out of the chair and ran to the kitchen and hurried through the doggie door and around the house.

“Hi guys,” smiled Lucy. “Look what I found.”

“You found a horse?” asked Jake.

“Yes,” laughed Lucy.

“Where did you find a horse?” asked Midge. “We find cats and dogs and you find a horse.”

“He was all alone,” sighed Lucy. “He was just standing in a field near the farm.”

“He isn't one of the horses from the farm, is he?” asked Jake.

“No,” said Lucy. “He looked lonesome standing in the field. I found him so I brought him with me.”

“Maybe he was tied up somewhere close,” suggested Midge. “He has a rope on him.”

“I think someone will worry about him,” said Booker-T. “How do we find his owner?”

“You might get in trouble for stealing someone's horse,” said Snappy.

“Did you talk to the horse?” asked Jake.

“His name is Jasper,” said Lucy.

“Hello, Jasper,” said Jake.

“Hi Jake,” smiled Jasper.

“Do you know why you were in the field where Lucy found you?”

“I was riding in the back of a truck,” said Jasper. “The truck went off the road and I fell out of the truck.

“Are you okay?” asked Midge.

“Yes,” said jasper. “When I started to fall out of the truck, I jumped and landed on my feet in the field. The truck kept going and left me on the side of the road  and he will be looking for me.”

“We can stay here in the front yard, so he can see you when he drives by here,” said Midge.

“Where do you live, Jasper?” asked Booker-T.

“I was living in a small barn on a small farm near the big zoo,” said Jasper.

“Why are you over here on this side of town?” asked Lucy.

“My owner had to sell his little farm,” said Jasper. “He was taking me to a new place to live. I think the farm is named Oakdale Farms”

“Wow,” said Lucy. “That is where I live.”

“Wow,” said Jasper. “That is nice. “I'm happy you found me.”

“Here comes a truck,” said Midge. “Is that your owner?”

“Yes,” smiled Jasper. “That is him.”

“You will like Oakdale farm,” said Lucy. “It is a really nice farm and there are two horses at the farm that you can be friends with.”

“Will you miss your owner?” asked Booker-T. “I would miss my owner if she had to take me to another place to live.”

“He will be working at the farm for the owner of Oakdale,” said Jasper. “So he will be there every day.”

“That is really good,” said Jake.

The young man walked into the yard and took the rope to lead Jasper to the truck.

“I will see you at the farm,” said Lucy.

'Okay,” said Jasper as he climbed into the back of the truck for the trip to the farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T