Friday, January 20, 2023

Midge the Weight Lifter

 

The four friends were sitting on the Midge's front porch trying to decide what they want to do for the day.

What do you want to do, Midge?” asked Jake.

I don't know,” said Midge. “What do you want to do?”

We have done a lot of fun things,” said Jake. “Is there something new we can do?”

Hey guys,” said Gabby as he flew down from the trees and landed on the porch railing. “What are you doing?”

We are trying to think of something fun to do.” said Jake. “What are you doing?”

I was flying around looking at little humans playing in the school yard,” said Gabby.

They always have fun,” said Midge. “I want to do what they do.”

I saw a big sign on the gym this morning,” said Gabby. “They are having little humans doing weight lifting competition.”

I can lift weights,” said Midge.

You have never lifted weights,” said Jake. “How do you know you can lift them.”

They won't let you do it,” said Lucy.

Ha ha ha,” laughed Booker-T. “She will find a way.”

Lets go to the gym,” said Midge. “I want to see.”

The four hurried through the gate and strolled along the sidewalk to the gym near the school. Gabby followed them from above. At the gym, they saw the large sign on the side of the gym. The went to the open door and peak inside and saw the little humans on the stage with their weights.

They are cute,” smiled Lucy.

Midge started to slowly walk inside the gym.

Where are you going?” asked Jake.

See that weight laying on the floor of the stage,” said Midge. “I'm going to lift it.”

Oh no,” said Booker-T. “You can't do that.”

I can,” said Midge as she hurried toward the stage.

Before the humans saw her, she raced up the steps to the stage and grabbed the small weight in her mouth and lifted it up high. The humans watching the weight lifting started to laugh. One of the gym workers ran to the stage waving his arms at Midge. She ran down the stairs past the human and headed to the door still carrying the weight.

Stop!” shouted the human worker. “Drop it!”

Drop the weight Midge,” said Jake. “He wants the weight.”

Everyone was laughing at the funny dog carrying the weight. At the door, Midge dropped the weight as they all ran out the door and across the parking lot on their way to Jake's house.

I did good,” smiled Midge.

Yes and no,” said Jake.

You don't think I lifted the weight good?” asked Midge.

Oh yes,” said Jake. “You lifted the weight good, but you weren't suppose to be on the stage with the little humans.”

They were all laughing,” smiled Midge.

You looked funny lifting that weight,” said Lucy. “Was it heavy?”

No,” said Midge shaking her head.

I think they are light weights because little humans are doing the lifting,” said Jake.

It wasn't too heavy,” said Midge. “I could lift it off the floor.”

You looked funny running down the stairs with the weight in your mouth,” laughed Booker-T.

What do you want to do now?” asked Jake.

Lets go to your house and take a nap on the porch,” suggested Midge.

Did that weight tire you out?” laughed Lucy.

No,” said Midge. “It wasn't too heavy. My owner has weights she lifts sometimes when she is going exercises and I can't lift her weights. They are too heavy for me.”

Did you try her weights?” asked Jake.

I did when she went to work one day,” said Midge. “I couldn't lift it.”

Your owner must be strong,” said Lucy.

And I'm just a little dog,” sighed Midge. “Maybe Jake can lift it.”

Jake is a strong dog,” said Booker-T. “Do you want to go to Midge's house and lift the weight, Jake?”

No,” said Jake. “Lets stay here and take a nap.”

Okay,” said Lucy. “Lets sleep on the front porch. The sun is shining and it's nice and warm today. I like sleeping in the sun.”

Me too,” smiled Midge.

Jake and Booker-T curled up in the porch swing and went to sleep while Midge and Lucy curled up in the sun on the porch to sleep.

Hey sleepy heads!” laughed Gabby as he flew down to the porch railing.

Ooooh,” said Midge. “Your woke us up.”

You were funny Midge,” said Gabby. “I saw you running with that weight in your mouth.”

I was good lifting the weight,” said Midge.

I saw you,” said Gabby. “Why are you sleeping?”

Nothing else to do right now,” said Lucy.

You are going to play lazy today?” asked Gabby.

Yes,” said Jake. “Do you want to take a nap too?”

No,” said Gabby. “I think I'm going to fly home and check on Polly. See you guys tomorrow.”

Bye Gabby,” said Midge. “See you tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T