Thursday, January 5, 2023

Lets Go Sledding

 

Midge grabbed the lid off the trash can and strolled out the gate dragging it. She got to Booker-T's front gate and laid the can lid on the ground and ran to the back door. She crawled through the doggie door and entered the kitchen.

Booker-T!” called Midge. “Where are you?”

Hey Midge,” said Booker-T as he entered the kitchen. “What are you doing?”

It's snowing out there and a lot of snow is on the ground,” smiled Midge. “I want to go ride the sled down the hill.”

I thought the sled wasn't at your house now?” asked Booker-T.

My owner's niece took the sled to her house,” said Midge.

Are we going to their house to get the sled?” asked Booker-T.

No,” said Midge. “She lives too far away for us to walk to.”

How are we doing to ride a sled when there is none?” asked Booker-T. “Isn't that hard to do?”

I got the trash can lid,” said Midge. “We can ride the lid down the hill like we did before.”

Do you remember what happened when we did?” asked Booker-T.

I remember it was fun,” smiled Midge.

You hit a tree and went flying off the can lid,” said Booker-T.

Oh yes,” laughed Midge. “That was fun. I flew right off the lid and landed in the snow bank.”

Do you want to do that again?” asked Booker-T.

Sure,” said Midge. “I didn't get hurt and it was fun flying in the air.”

Maybe you will get hurt this time,” suggested Booker-T.

No,” said Midge shaking her head. “The snow is soft so if I fly off, I will be okay when I land in the snow. Lets go get Jake and Lucy. She will have fun.”

Okay,” said Booker-T. “We need to go get the can lid from your trash can.”
“I have it,” said Midge. “It is at the gate laying in the snow.”

Okay,” said Booker-T as they crawled out the doggie door into the cold snow. “Lets go.”

They walked to the gate where Midge left the can lid. They couldn't find the lid.

Where did you lay it down?” asked Booker-T looking around the area.

I laid it right here next to the fence,” sighed Midge. “What happened?”

Maybe a little human took it,” suggested Booker- as he looked around and saw the marks in the snow where it looked like someone pulled the can lid with them. “Look here Midge. Someone pulled the can lid away.”

Oh no,” said Midge. “My owner will not be happy if I don't bring the can lid back home.”

Lets go following the marks in the snow,” said Gabby.

Okay,” said Midge as she started walking along the sidewalk following the marks in the snow.

They met up with Lucy and Jake coming from the other direction.

Hi Midge, Booker-T,” said Jake. “What are you doing?”

We are trying to find a little human who took my owner's trash can lid,” said Midge.

Why did someone take the trash can lid?” asked Lucy.

I left it laying in the snow my Booker-T's fence gate,” said Midge.

Why?” asked Lucy.

She wanted to take it to the park hill and ride it down the hill in the snow,” said Booker-T. “But when we walked out the gate, it wasn't there.”

Oh no, Midge,” said Jake. “You owner will not be happy when she finds out her trash can lid is missing.”

I know,” sighed Midge. “Will you help us find it?”

Did you see which way they went?” asked Jake.

See the marks in the snow?” asked Midge.

I see them,” said Lucy.

We need to follow them,” said Midge.

How do you know that's the mark of the trash can lid?” asked Jake.

I think it is,” said Midge. “Let follow them.”

The four of them started to follow the marks in the snow and looking around to find the human with the trash can lid. They followed the marks to the park where the hill was. At the top of the hill, they saw two little humans with the trash can lid.

Look up there,” said Jake. “I think that's your trash can lid.”

I need to get the lid and take it home,” said Midge. “My owner will not be happy if she finds it gone.”

Maybe she will think some humans took it,” said Lucy. “She won't know that you took it.”

But I would feel bad,” said Midge.

But you can't talk to the humans,” said Booker-T. “So she will never know it was your fault.”

I guess that's a good thing,” said Midge. “Can you get the lid when they come down the hill, Jake?”

I can try,” said Jake. “When I take it, we need to run fast with the lid.”

Okay,” said Midge.

Maybe they won't follow you because they took the lid and it's not theirs,” suggested Booker-T.

I hope so,” said Midge. “I want to take it home.”

Good idea,” said Lucy.

They stood there watching the little humans as they pushed the lid down the hill and the second one leaped onto the lid and they rode it down the hill. Near the bottom, the lid hit a rock that was sticking out of the snow and the two little humans flew off the lid and the lid bounced and landed in the snow in the other direction. Jake ran up and grabbed the lid and they started to run through the snow back to Midge's house.

Run fast Jake,” said Midge.

Are they following us?” asked Jake as he kept running.

Midge turned to look back. “No,” said Midge. “They just stood there and watched us run away.”

They reached Midge's house and she put the lid back on the trash can.

What do you want to do now?” asked Jake.

I don't know,” said Midge. “What do you want to do?”

We can go to the skateboard ramp and slide down the ramp on our tummies in the snow,” said Lucy.

Oooh,” said Midge. “That will be cold.”

I guess it would be cold,” said Lucy. “I don't think there is anything we can do and not get cold.”

I think you are right,” said Booker-T. “Lets go in the house and stay home where it is warm. My feet are cold.”

Mine too,” said Midge. Lets go.”

They ran around the house and crawled into the house through the doggie door. It was nice a warm inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T