Friday, December 30, 2022

Waiting For the Snow

 

Booker-T and Midge walked along the sidewalk to Jake's house. They strolled through the gate and found Jake sleeping on the porch swing. Behind him came Lucy wearing a pretty pink bow on her head with her pretty pink sweater.

Hi Lucy,” smiled Midge. “I like your new sweater with the pretty pink bow.”

Thanks,” said Lucy. “Where is your new sweater, Midge?”

It's at home,” said Midge. “My owner was in a hurry to get to work this morning and forgot to put it on me.”

What color did you get?” asked Lucy.

Mine is a pretty yellow color this year,” said Midge. “I got a pink one last year.”

My favorite color is pink,” smiled Lucy.

Mine too,” said Midge. “What did you get for Christmas Jake?”

I got a blue sweater,” said Jake. “And some yummy treats and a green ball to play with. How about you Booker-T. What did you get?”

I got a blue sweater too,” said Booker-T. “I also got some fish flavored treats and a soft toy mouse with catnip. I love catnip.”

Do you know we only have one more day and it will be a new year,” said Jake.

I remember,” said Midge. “So tomorrow is New Year's eve.”

If you owner going to have a party again this year?” asked Booker-T.

Mine is,” said Midge. “I think your owner is coming to the party. Do you want to come too?”

Can we all come?” asked Lucy. “I don't think my owner is having a party.”

Mine is having a small party with her family,” said Jake. “I would like to come party with you Midge. You always have fun.”

My owner is going to have good food for us too,” said Midge. “I like to see the fireworks that they shoot off from the water slide park.”

They are pretty,” said Jake.

What do you want to do today?” asked Lucy.

I don't know,” said Midge. “Where is your sled, Jake?

It is in the back yard,” said Jake.

Lets ride the sled down the hill,” said Lucy.

There isn't enough snow on the ground yet,” laughed Booker-T. “We have to wait for more snow to fall.”

The sled won't slide down the hill by itself?” asked Lucy.

No,” said Midge. “We need lot of snow for the sled to slide on.”

I think snow is coming next week,” said Jake.

How do you know?” asked Lucy.

My owner had the news and weather on last night,” said Jake. “The man said snow was coming.”

I can't wait,” said Lucy. “I want to ride the sled like Midge did.”

Do you want to go head first into a snow bank also?” laughed Jake. “She flew off the sled and went head first into the snow.”

All we saw were two feet waving in the air,” smiled Booker-T. “We had to run down the hill so Jake could pull her out.”

Is it fun riding the sled down the hill?” asked Lucy.

It was fun,” said Midge. “We also rode a trashcan lid down the hill one time,” said Midge. “It was going around and around and around as it went down the hill and I flew off right before it hit a tree.”

Wow,” smiled Lucy. “You always find fun things to do.”

When it snows, we will take the sled to the big hill by the school,” said Midge.

What do you want to do now?” asked Jake.

Lets go to my house and we can visit with Snappy,” said Midge. “He would like to see you guys too.”

Lets go,” agreed Booker-T. “It will be warm in the house too.”

The four hurried along the sidewalk on their way to Midge's house. They ran through the gate and around to the back of the house. One by one, they squeezed through the doggie door into the kitchen. They hurried to the living room where they found Snappy sitting on a log in his tank looking out the window.

Hi Snappy,” said Midge as she leaped into the chair followed by Booker-T.

Hey guys!” What are you doing back home?”

We decided to come see you today,” said Jake. “Lucy wanted to ride the sled on the hill but no snow.”

We have to wait for the snow to come,” said Midge.

If we want to ride the sled,” said Lucy. “I guess we will wait. I will wish for snow tonight.”

I don't think it will come that fast,” laughed Jake.

I'm glad you came to visit me,” said Snappy.

The five friends visited and laughed together. Snappy enjoyed the gang all there.''


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T