Friday, December 23, 2022

Merry Christmas Everyone

 

Jake and Lucy walked along the sidewalk on their way to Midge's house. As they past Booker-T's gate to his front yard, they saw him come running around the house to join them.

Good morning,” smiled Booker-T. “Are you coming to see Midge's pretend tree?”

Yes,” replied Jake.

We want to see what a pretend tree looks like,” said Lucy.

They walked through the gate and ran around to the back of the house and one by one, they crawled through the doggie door into the kitchen of Midge's house. They walked to the living room where a beautiful tree stood in front of the window and Snappy's tank was moved to the side.

Hey guys!” said Snappy as he crawled onto his little log in the tank. “Do you like our tree? Isn't it pretty?”

Wow,” said Lucy. “That is a really pretty tree.”

I can't smell the pine,” said Jake as he walked closer to the tree and sniffed the branches of the tree. “It looks like a real tree but don't smell the pine.”

Is this a pretend tree?” asked Booker-T.

Yes,” smiled Midge. “It is just as pretty as a real tree.”

It really is,” agreed Lucy. “I never saw a pretend tree before.”

I like it,” said Jake. “But I miss the smell of the pine.”

My owner sprays something in the air and when she does, it smells like a pine tree in here,” said Midge.

Pine tree in a can,” said Lucy. “That's cool.”

Why does your owner like a pretend tree?” asked Jake.

I heard her tell her brother that a real tree gets messy,” said Midge.

How?” asked Booker-T.

Do you remember the pine tree sheds after a few days,” said Midge. “My owner don't like the pine needles all over the floor but she loves the pine smell.”

I guess the pretend tree is good too,” said Lucy. “I like the real tree.”

What do you think, Snappy?” asked Booker-T.

I like this tree,” smiled Snappy. “It looks pretty. We can put presents under a pretend tree and a real tree.”

I guess we can,” said Lucy. “What do you want for Christmas?”

I want a nice new log in my tank,” said Snappy. “What do you want Lucy?”

I want a pretty pink bow for my head and a sweater for winter,” said Lucy.

I want a sweater too,” said Jake. “And some doggie treats and a new ball.”

I want a sweater too and a new squeaky toy,” said Midge. “What do you want Booker-T?”

I want some treats that taste like fish and a spongy ball to play with,” said Booker-T.

Do you know it is almost Christmas,” said Midge. “Wow.”

Only two more days,” said Lucy. “I like all the food.”

Me too,” said Jake.

I like all the food too,” said Booker-T. “And I like it when Santa comes to see us. I'm going to stay awake and wait to see Santa.”

I don't think he comes to the house until we are asleep,” said Lucy.

Maybe he will,” said Booker-T.

Have you ever seen Santa?” asked Jake.

No,” said Booker-T. “I keep falling asleep.”

I don't think Santa wants you to see him,” said Midge. “I think he is magic and makes you fall asleep so you don't see him when he comes.”

Oh wow,” said Snappy. “I didn't think of that.”

Little humans always want to see Santa too,” said Jake. “But they never see him because they fall asleep.”

Santa makes them fall asleep with their magic,” said Lucy.

Santa is smart,” said Booker-T.

Christmas is almost here,” smiled Jake.

I can't wait,” said Midge. “Merry Christmas to all our fans. I hope they all have a really fun day with all their new gifts.”

And Merry Christmas with all the good food to eat,” said Lucy.

Merry Christmas everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T