Monday, June 4, 2012

Where is Midge?


   “Midge!” called Jake as he and Booker-T walked up the sidewalk to Midge’s house.  “Midge!  Where are you?”

    “Maybe she is in the back Jake,” Said Booker-T as they turned to go back down the steps. 

    “Midge!” called Jake as they walked around the house to the back. 

    When they got to the back yard, they didn’t see Midge there either. 

    “Do you think she is sick Jake?” asked Booker-T.


    “I don’t know,” said Jake. “Maybe, but if she was inside sick, she would have heard me calling her and come to the door.”

    “Is her mistress home?” asked Booker-T. 

    “No, the car is gone,” said Jake.

    “Wait here,” said Booker-T.

     “What are you going to do?” asked Jake.

     “I’m going in,” said Booker-T.  “Why do you think they make these little doggie doors for.”

     “Booker-T, you can’t go in there uninvited,” said Jake.

     “Sure I can,” said Booker-T.  “We are worried about our friend, so I’m going in to check the house.”

    “Okay,” said Jake. “I’ll stand guard and will bark if someone comes and you better hurry and get out of there.”

    “Sure Jake,” said Booker-T as he poked his head through the door and climb inside the house. 

   He slowly walked from room to room checking every inch of them for Midge.  She wasn’t anywhere to be seen.  Booker-T went back to the kitchen and crawled back through the doggie door to the outside where Jake was pacing back and forth in front of the door.

    “Why are you pacing?” asked Booker-T.

     “You are in a house where you don’t belong,” said Jake.  “Why do you think I’m pacing the ground.”

      “Ha ha Jake,”  said Booker-T.  “I know I don’t belong in there, but we were worried about Midge.  She isn’t in the house Jake.  Do you think she is okay?”

      “Sure, she is okay,” said Jake.

      “How do you know she is okay?” asked Booker-T.

      “I really don’t, but I am pretty sure she is,” said Jake.

      “How can you be sure Jake,” said Booker-T.  “We don’t know.”

      “Quit worrying about it Booker-T,”  said Jake.  “Midge is always okay.”

      As they started back to the front of the house, a car pulled into the driveway and stopped in front of the garage.  When to door opened, Midge jumped out and ran to see Jake and Booker-T. 

    “Hi Jake,” said Midge. “Hi Booker-T.  What are you two doing here this morning?”

    “You didn’t show up at my house so we came to find you,” said Jake.

     “Did you forget Jake?” asked Midge.  “I told you two days ago, that I had to go for a Vet visit this morning.”

    “Oh no,” said Jake.  “I totally did forget it.  Oh my!”

     “Why oh my?” asked Midge.

     “Booker-T went into the house looking for you and didn’t need to,” said Jake.

     “You didn’t mess anything up did you?” asked Midge.

     “Oh no,” said Booker-T.  “I just looked in every room to see if you were here.”

     “You didn’t find me, did you?” asked Midge.

     “Ha ha Midge,” said Jake.   “Come on, are we going to the park or not?”

     “Sure we are,” said Midge.  “I am ready.”

     The three ran along the sidewalk to the park where they met Snappy at the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T