Friday, October 12, 2012

Midge and The Dog Show


“Hi Midge,” said Jake as he looked up to see her walking up the sidewalk to the porch.

“Hey Jake!” called Midge as she started up the steps to the porch. “What are you doing?”

“Not a thing,” answered Jake. “Just finished breakfast and was laying here in the cool shade waiting for you and Booker-T.”

“What do you want to do today?” asked Midge. “I know there is a big dog show this afternoon at the park.”

“Do you want to check it out?” asked Jake. “I'm sure Booker-T won't mind too much if we go see what kind of dogs are there.”

“Maybe Booker-T would like to go see too,” said Midge.

“Do you really think he wants to be in a place with a lot of strange dogs?” asked Jake.

“We can ask him,” said Midge. “Maybe he will go with us.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “When he gets here, you ask him.”

“Ask me what?” smiled Booker-T. “What is going on Midge.”

“There is a big dog show this afternoon in the park,” said Midge. “Jake and I want to see what kind of dogs are there. Do you want to go with us?”

“Oh, a lot of dogs?” asked Booker-T. “Let me think about it a while. I don't know if I really want to be where there are a lot of dogs. I”m good with you two but wow, a lot of them.”

“Okay,” said Midge. “Think about it. We would like you to come with us, but if you don't want to, we will understand.”

“Sure Booker-T, we know you don't want to be around a lot of dogs,” said Jake. “And we are good with that. Maybe Susie would like to come along with us too. Do you want to ask her? We can all go to her house together and ask her.”

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “Lets go see Susie. On the way to her house I will think about your offer.”

“Lets go,” said Midge anxious to get started as she hurried down the steps of the porch.

“You in a hurry Midge?” asked Jake.

“Yes, come on lets go,” said Midge.

The three strolled out the gate and along the sidewalk to Susie's house. Gabby flew down and landed on the fence along the way. “Hey you guys! Where are you going? I thought we were going to go to the park this morning to play with Snappy.”

“We are,” said Jake. “But we are going to Susie's house first. Maybe she will want to come to the park with us.”

“Oh, okay,” said Gabby as he took off flying. “That is good. I'll meet you at Susie's.”

The three followed behind but could not keep up with the fast flying Gabby. They soon all arrived at Susie's house and found her sitting on the front porch talking to Gabby.

“Hi Susie,” greeted Booker-T as the three joined Gabby and Susie on the porch.

“Hi,” said Jake and Midge.

“What are you all doing this morning?” asked Susie.

“We are going to the park to play,” said Booker-T. “Do you want to come along with us?”

“Sure,” smiled Susie. “That would be great. I'm ready.”

“Susie,” said Booker-T. “Midge and Jake want us to go to the dog show with them to see what kind of dogs are there. Do you want to go?”

“Oh!” said Susie with a surprised look. “Do you want to go see the dogs Booker-T?”

“I thought about their offer to go with them as we walked to your house and Jake and Midge are our friends, so I think I will go with them. If you would rather not go, I understand.”

“Thank you Booker-T,” said Midge. “That is great. We will love to have you join us and we will watch out for you.”

“If you are comfortable going with Midge and Jake to see the dogs, I will go with you,” said Susie.

“Wow, that is good,” said Booker-T. “Okay Midge. We will all go to see the dogs.”

“I am happy we are all good friends,” smiled Midge. “We will only stay a little while and then we will leave.”

“Okay Midge,” said Susie. “Are you going with us Gabby?”

“Sure,” laughed Gabby. “I would love to see all the dogs. I have an advantage. I can see them from above at a safe distance.”

The friends all started to walk to the park to play before the big dog show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T