Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Big Dog Show


“Hey guys!” said Midge. “Look over there. All the dogs are going into the tent for the dog show.”

“Wow, there are a lot of dogs!” said Susie. “Are you sure you want to go over there Booker-T?”

“Sure,” said Booker-T. “We will be okay. The owners of the dogs won't let them run loose so we are okay.”

“Are you positive we will be okay?” asked Susie.

“You will be fine,” said Midge. “Jake and I will be with you. We will watch out for you. Stay close to us.”

“Okay Midge,” said Susie. “If you think we will be okay, we will go with you.”

“Come on,” said Midge. “Lets go check them out.”

The four of them started running toward the tents that were set up iat the other end of the park. Gabby flew along with them. They slowed down when they got close to the tents. One of the dogs spotted the four near the tent and broke away from his owner. Dragging his leash behind him, he ran toward the four friends.

“Oh my goodness!” screamed Susie. “What are we going to do?”

“Stay behind us Susie,” said Jake. “It will be okay.”

Jake took a strong stance and lowered his head to the approaching dog. He showed his teeth slightly waiting to see what was going to happen. He and Midge stood between Booker-T and Susie and the approaching dog.
“Jake!” screamed the approaching dog.

“Jenny?” asked Jake. “Is that you? Wow, I didn't recognize you with those bows in your hair. What are you doing here?”

“My mistress has entered me in the dog show,” answered Jenny. “I haven't seen you in a long time Jake. Hi Midge.”

“It is good to see you Jenny,” said Midge. “We missed you since you moved away from the neighborhood.”

Booker-T and Susie stood behind Jake and Midge shaking some. “Jake?” asked Susie. “You know her?”

“Yes,” said Jake. “She is good friend. She used to live next door to me.”

“She moved away last year,” said Midge. “Jenny, these are our good friends Susie and Booker-T.”

“Hi,” said Jenny. “Glad to meet good friends of Jake and Midge. I have known them long time.”

“Yes, they are good friends,” said Booker-T. “I'm glad you are friends with them.”

Jenny's mistress came running to where they all stood. “Come on Jenny, you are going to get all messed up. Lets go,” said Jenny's mistress as she reached down to pick up the leash.

“It was good to see you Jenny,” said Jake. “I hope you win the dog show. Good luck.”

“Thanks Jake,” said Jenny as she walked away. “Good to meet you Susie and Booker-T.”

“Good luck Jenny!” yelled the four.

They watched as Jenny's mistress led her away back to the tents where the show will take place.

“I hope your friend wins the show,” said Susie. “She is nice.”

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “I agree.”

“Am glad you knew her,” said Susie. “I was worried when she came running at us.”

“I admit, I was little worried too,” said Midge. “I didn't recognize her in the bows. I think we seen enough. Come on and lets go play.”

“Okay,” said Jake.

The four ran across the park to the small pond at the other end to join Snappy who was napping along the water's edge. The four laid down in the shade with their friend and Gabby landed on the rock beside the tree. The air was filled with a cool breeze and they all closed their eyes for a short nap.

“Life is good,” said Jake. “I am happy we are all friends.”

“Me too,” said Midge.

They all agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T