Monday, July 22, 2013

Missing Misty


“Hi Midge!” called Booker-T as he hurried up the sidewalk to the front porch where Midge was sitting in the porch swing.

“Hey Booker-T,” said Midge. “What are you doing this morning?”

“Aren't you going to Jake's house today?” asked Booker-T.

“Yes,” said Midge. “I am waiting for Misty.”

“I was just at Misty's house,” said Booker-T. “I didn't see her there.”

“Oh,” said Midge. “She told me last night she wanted to walk to Jake's with me.”

“Maybe she still is sleeping in the house,” said Booker-T. “I didn't call out her name when I was there. I only looked in the front and back and didn't see her out.”

“Lets go check to see if maybe she is out now,” said Midge as she started down the porch steps.

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “I hope she isn't sick inside.”

“I think she is okay Booker-T,” said Midge. “Don't worry.”

The two walked down the sidewalk and out the gate and started up the sidewalk to Misty's house.

As they entered the yard, they called out to her.

“Misty!” called Booker-T.

“Misty!” called Midge. “Hello, are you here?”

“Misty,” called Booker-T again. “Midge, wait here on the front porch and I am going to walk around the back.”

“Okay,” said Midge standing in front of the door looking up at the window near the top. “Misty! Are you in there?”

She could hear no noise coming from inside and Misty didn't come out the door. Booker-T came running back to the front from behind the house.

“Midge,” said Booker-T. “Did you hear any noise from inside?”

“No,” said Midge. “I don't hear anything.”

“I didn't see anyone in the back yard either,” said Booker-T. “I pushed on the doggie door and it is locked. It won't open so I can't see inside.”

“Do you think everyone left?” asked Midge.

“Maybe,” said Booker-T.

“Did you see her owner's car in back?” asked Midge.

Booker-T turned his head to the side and thought a minute, “No, I don't remember seeing a car in back. Wait let me go run and look.”

Booker-T jumped off the porch and ran for the back yard. He jumped onto the box that sat below the garage window and peeked inside. He looked around and jumped off the box and ran back to the front.

“Midge,” said Booker-T. “Her car isn't in the garage.”

“Maybe she went with her some place this morning,” said Midge.

“Maybe, but she said she wanted to go to Jake's with you,” said Booker-T.

“She maybe didn't know her owner was going to take her along,” said Midge. “My owner doesn't always say anything about taking me to the vet until that morning.”

“You want to go to Jake's now?” asked Booker-T.

“Okay,” said Midge. “Lets go. Misty might come to the park when she gets home.”

Midge and Booker-T slowly walked down the porch steps and out the front gate to the sidewalk and started walking to Jake's house. They met Susie coming along the sidewalk.

“Hi Susie,” said Booker-T.

“Hi you two,” said Susie.

“Hi,” said Midge. “Are you going to Jake's?”

“No,” said Susie. “I was coming to see Misty.”

“She isn't home,” said Booker-T. “Midge and I were just there.”

“Oh,” said Susie. “I was going there to see if she wanted to play today in my back yard.”

“She was suppose to go to Jake's with me this morning,” said Midge. “She told me last night she wanted to walk over there with me.”

“You don't know where she is?” asked Susie.

“No,” said Booker-T. “Her owner's car is gone.”

“We think maybe she went with her owner somewhere,” said Midge.

“No,” said Susie. “I saw her owner leave and Misty wasn't with her.”

“Are you sure?” asked Booker-T.

“Yes,” said Susie. “Misty has a seat she sits in when she is in the car so she can see out the window and she wasn't in her seat.”

“Oh my,” said Midge. “I hope she is okay.”

“Me too,” said Booker-T. “What can we do?” Where do we look?”

“Let's go to Jake's and see what he has to say about it,” said Midge.

“Do you want to come along Susie?” asked Booker-T.

“Okay,” said Susie.

The three of them started walking to Jake's in a hurry. The hurried around the corner and into the front yard at Jake's.

“Jake!” called Midge as they entered the front yard.

“Hey Midge,” said Jake. “You are late. What happened to you?”

“We've been trying to find Misty,” said Booker-T. “She was suppose to come here with Midge but she isn't home.”

“And we don't know where she is,” said Susie.

“Oh,” said Jake as he turned to look behind him.

On the porch swing, they saw Misty sitting in the corner.

“Misty!” said Midge. “What are you doing here?”

“My owner dropped me off here on her way to work this morning,” said Misty.

“Why?” asked Susie.

“My owner knows Jake's owner. They are good friends,” said Misty. “She asked Jake's owner if she would take care of me for a couple days while she goes out of town on some business trip.”

“Oh,” aid Midge. “I didn't know your owner knew Jake's owner.”

“They met two weeks ago,” said Misty.
“We are glad you are okay,” said Booker-T.

“Thanks for worrying about me,” said Misty.

“We all care about you Misty,” said Midge. “You are our friend.”

“We are all happy that you are okay,” said Booker-T.

“Do you want to go to the park?” asked Jake.

“Yes,” said Midge. “Lets all go to the park and play now that we are all here together.”

They all walked along the sidewalk going ot the park, happy that their friend was okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T