Friday, November 22, 2013

Booker-T Has News for Susie

"Susie," said Booker-T. "I want to talk to you about something, okay?"
"Sure," said Susie. "Is everything okay?"
"I'm good" said Booker-T. "I heard my owner talking to your owner the day she came back from her trip."
"Did she thank your owner for letting me stay with you?" asked Susie.
"Yes she did," said Booker-T. "She was very glad that you could stay with us and I was happy you were there with us too Susie."
"I really missed my owner when she was gone," said Susie.
"I know you did," said Booker-T. "I have a question."

"Okay," said Susie.
"How would you like to live at my house all the time?" asked Booker-T.
"Live at your house?" questioned Susie. "Why?"
"I heard your owner talking about maybe taking a job that will keep her traveling all the time now," said Booker-T. "And she was worried about you being in a good home. My owner said she would be happy to have you come stay with us all the time."
"Oh, Booker-T," sighed Susie. "Why does she want to travel all the time?"
"I think she is doing it for her job Susie," said Booker-T. "I don't understand humans and the job thing except they go every day and come home."
"But mine wants to travel and go away," said Susie. "Why?"
"I don't know," said Booker-T. "But you can stay with me."
"Your home will be my home too?" asked Susie.
"Yes," answered Booker-T. "Will that be okay with you?"
"I think so," said Susie. "But I will miss my owner when she goes."
"I know you will," said Booker-T. "Maybe when she can, she will come to see you."
"Is she selling the house we live in?" asked Susie.
"I don't know," said Booker-T. "I didn't hear them say anything about the house, but if she is traveling, she might. We will have to wait and see."
"Oh," sighed Susie. "This is sad."
"But are you happy with coming to live at my house?" asked Booker-T.
"Yes, I am happy I can stay with you," said Susie. "But i will miss her."
"I will listen and see if my owner says anything," said Booker-T.
"Okay," said Susie. "You tell me what she says, Okay?"
"I will Susie," replied Booker-T. "Don't worry Susie, it will be okay and Midge, Jake and I will be here for you all the time. We are all good friends."
"I know," said Susie. "I'm very happy we are all friends. Does Midge and Jake know?"
"No," said Booker-T. "I haven't told them yet. I thought it would be only right to tell you what I heard first."
"Thanks," said Susie. "Can we go back to the house now?"
"Sure," agreed Booker-T.
As they rounded the corner, they saw Susie's owner and Booker-T's owner sitting on the front porch at Booker-T's house. they climbed the steps to Susie's porch and jumped into the swing and watched them from across the street.
"Wonder what they are talking about?" said Susie.
"Maybe they are making all the arrangements for you to come stay with me," said Booker-T.
"Maybe," agreed Susie as she stared at them across the street laughing and talking.
"Does she think it is funny?" asked Susie.
"Oh, no Susie," said Booker-T. "I don't think so. I think they are maybe laughing at something else."
"Okay," said Susie. "Do you think everything will be okay?"
"Oh sure," said Booiker-T. "Our owners are smart and I don't think they will do anything that is bad for us."
"Who is that man coming in the big truck Booker-T?" asked Susie as she watched a big truck pull into the driveway behind her owners car.
"I don't know," said Booker-T. "The picture on the truck is of bars on windows and I think those other things are awnings."
"My owner is putting bars on the windows?" asked Susie.
"I don't know," said Booker-T. "We will have to wait and see what they do. Here comes your owner across the street. Let's listen and see what they say."
"Okay Booker-T," said Susie.
As her owner entered the yard and walked up to the man in the truck, Booker-T and Susie got as close as they could so they could hear what was going on. "Can you hear them Booker-T?" asked Susie.
"I can hear a little, but we aren't close enough to hear it all," said Booker-T. "Maybe we should casually walk that way."
"Okay," said Susie as she started down the steps and hurried across the yard to the driveway. She rubbed on her owner's leg and purred.
She stooped down and picked Susie up into her arms while Booker-T stood at the corner of the house and watched them. Susie was in a good spot now to hear everything that is said. In a few minutes, she jumped down and ran back to where Booker-T stood.
"What is she saying Susie?" asked Booker-T.
"She is going to put the bars on the windows and then some awnings.. the bars will help keep people out of the house when she isn't there and if she is gone for several months, she will close the house with the awnings. They are fixed so not one can break into them."
"Oh, I think that is good," said Booker-T. "So she isn't going to sell the house."
"No," said Susie. "Maybe some day she will."
"True," said Booker-T. "The longer she has to travel, the more she might think about selling it."
"I might not get to see her anymore," sighed Susie. "I will miss her. She has always been good to me."
"I know Susie," said Booker-T trying to reassure her that all will be good. "My owner is good and will take good care of us. It will be nice having you live with us."
"I like that too Booker-T," smiled Susie. "You are a really good friend."

"I like you too Susie," said Booker-T.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T