Friday, November 29, 2013

Susie moves in with Booker-T

 Susie's owner carried all of her things to Booker-T's house and Susie followed behind her. They climbed the steps to the house and her owner knocked on the front door. When Booker-T's owner opened the door, Booker-T was standing beside her.
"Hi Susie," said Booker-T. "Come on in. I am so happy that my owner agreed to take you into our house. You will like it here with us. See over there by the fireplace, you have a new bed beside mine."
"That is nice," smiled Susie. "I always slept on the end of the bed at night."
"I do too at night," said Booker-T. "When it is cold during the day, I like to lay in the bed near the warm fire. It is nice."

"You can sleep with your owner in the bed?" asked Susie.
"Oh sure," said Booker-T. "She don't mind at all. Before we go to sleep, she pets me and tells me good night. She won't mind us both sleeping at the foot of the bed."
"That is nice," said Susie as she sat looking up at her owner as she talked to Booker-T's owner.
She bent down and patted Susie on the head and told her she loved her and would come to visit when she was in town. Booker-T's owner told her to come by any time and assured her that Susie would be well taken care of.
"She is right Susie," said Booker-T. "She will take good care of you. She was a really good person to let me come to live with her so I didn't have to live on the streets anymore. She takes good care of me and I get lot to eat and a nice warm bed to sleep in."
Susie sat near the window and watched her owner leave and walk back across the street where her brother was waiting for her. He shut the awnings down on the house and locked everything up securely and they both climbed into the car and Susie watched as they drove away. She sat at the window until the car disappeared from her sight.
"Are you okay Susie?" asked Booker-T.
"I'm okay," said Susie with a little sadness in her voice.
Booker-T's owner stooped down and patted the two of them on the head and called them to the kitchen for some milk and a few treats.
"These are nice," said Susie.
"Yes," agreed Booker-T. "These treats are my favorite ones. I love them."
"My owner gave me the same ones," said Susie. "And she gave me something that looked like a fish."
"Oh, I like them too," said Booker-T. "Do you want to go tell Midge that you are living with me now?"
"Okay," agreed Susie. "She will be surprised."
The two of them walked over to Midge's house and found her laying on the porch swing.
"Hi Midge," said Susie.
"Hi Susie," greeted Midge. "Hi Booker-T. Why is your house closed up like that Susie?"
"My owner is now going to be traveling all the time for her job so she closed up the house," said Susie.
"But what are you going to do?" asked Midge.
"She will be living with me now," said Booker-T.
"That is good Susie," said Midge. "Booker-T's owner is a really nice lady. She is good friends with my owner. She comes to visit at my house a lot when they aren't working."
"That's good," said Susie. "I think I will be happy there with Booker-T. I am glad it is with someone I already know."
"I think you will be happy there Susie," said Midge. "Sometimes when my owner needs to go somewhere over night, she will take care of me."
"Do you want to go to the park?" asked Booker-T. "We can go by and get Jake on the way."
"Okay," said Midge. "Let's go."
As they started down the steps, they saw Jake coming around the corner. He ran into the yard and met them at the bottom of the steps.
"Hi Susie, Booker-T and Midge," greeted Jake.
"Hi Jake," said Susie.
"What are you doing Jake?" asked Booker-T.
"We were just on our way to your house," said Midge.
"You were late so I came to see what happened," said Jake. "Why is your house closed up like that Susie?"
"My owner is going to travel now for her job so most of the time, she won't be living here anymore," said Susie.
"Oh," sighed Susie. "That is sad. Where are you going to stay now?"
"She is staying with me now," said Booker-T. "She moved in with us this morning before her owner left."
"It is sad that she is going," said Jake. "But it is good that you will stay here with Booker-T. Midge has told me all about Booker-T's owner and she sounds really nice."
"Yes, it is sad and I will miss her," said Susie. "But am happy that she brought over to stay with Booker-T and his owner."
"We are all your friends Susie," said Midge. "And will always be here for you."
"I know," said Susie. "You are all great friends. I am happy we are good friends."
"And we are now family Susie," said Booker-T.
"Oh, I guess we are," said Susie. "That's nice. Thank you for being my family now."
"You are Booker-T's family?" asked Gabby as he swooped down from the tree branch. "When did all that happen?"
"This morning Gabby," said Susie. "My owner will now be traveling for her job and can't take me with her, so she locked up the house for when she is gone and brought me over here to live with Booker-T and his owner. So we are family now."
"Wow, that is great Susie," said Gabby. "Booker-T better be nice to you."
"You know I will," said Booker-T.
"I know," said Gabby. "Am only kidding. But if he don't Susie, you tell me and I'll nip him in the head."
"Ha ha," said Booker-T. "Susie will be fine at my house."
"Can we go to the park now?" asked Susie.
"Sure, lets go," said Jake. "Are you coming along Gabby?"
"Of course," said Gabby. "I'm ready for a dip in the pond. Before long now, will be too cold to go in the water."

They all headed down the sidewalk and up the street to the park. They ran across the park to the pond with Gabby flying above them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T