Friday, December 6, 2013

What kind of food do you eat?

 "Good morning Jake," said Midge as she walked up the steps to the porch where she found Jake napping in the swing. "You are taking a nap already Jake?"
"My owner was awake early this morning getting things ready to go to work and so I have been awake for long time now," said Jake.
"She don't have that much to get ready usually," said Midge. "Why did she have to get up early today?"
"I heard her talking on the phone to someone from work last night and they are having a retirement party for someone and she has to bring some cookies for it," said Jake. "So she was up at 4am this morning to bake them."

"Why didn't she make them last night?" asked Midge. "My owner always makes them the night before when she wants cookies."
"She was busy with something else last night and so she got up early today," said Jake. "The house smelled really good with the cookies baking."
"I know," agreed Midge. "I love to smell the cookies baking when my owner makes them. They always smell so good."
"Does she ever give you one of them?" asked Jake.
"Once in a while she will give me one if she is making peanut butter ones or sugar cookies," said Midge.
"My owner was making chocolate chip cookies this morning," said Jake. "I tried to beg one from her but she said 'sorry Jake, dogs can't eat chocolate.' So she didn't give me one. Do you know why we can't eat chocolate?"
"I don't know," said Midge. "I heard the vet tell my owner not to let me eat chocolate. He just said it was bad for us dogs."
"I bet it taste good too," said Jake.
"Do you like the peanut butter ones?" asked Midge.
"They are really good," smiled Jake. "But she will only let me have one. They sure smell good when she is making them. Sometimes she will make me dog biscuits."
"Oh Wow, homemade biscuits," smiled Midge. "Those must be really good. My owner gets mine from the vet. I think the girl who works in the vet's office makes them. So I get homemade ones, but my owner don't make them."
"My owner's friend told her how to make," said Jake. "She makes different flavors. My favorite ones are the peanut butter flavored ones."
"My biscuits are all meat flavored ones," said Midge. "Sometimes she will give me a vegetable tasting one. They are good but not as good as the meat flavored ones."
"What taste like meat?" asked Booker-T as he came running up the steps to the porch where Midge and Jake sat talking.
"Hi Booker-T," greeted Jake.
"What are you two talking about?" asked Booker-T. "Sounds like food."
"Jake was telling me that his owner makes homemade biscuit treats for him," said Midge.
"My owner does the same thing for me," said Booker-T.
"My owner gets mine from the vet, but his girl in the office makes them, so they are homemade, but not by my owner," said Midge. "My favorite ones are the meat flavor."
"I like the fish and chicken ones," said Booker-T. "That is all she makes for me."
"I get a lot of meat ones too," said Jake. "But my favorite are the peanut butter ones she makes for me. I only get them once in a while."
"What kind of dog food do you eat?" asked Booker-T.
"I get some kind of nice moist chunks of meat tasting food from a bag," said Midge.
"Me too," said Jake. "She tried the canned stuff but I didn't like the taste of what she got and the vet told her about this bagged food that has an inside foil bag that keeps the chunks moist and sometimes she will use this stuff in a box and mix up gravy for me and pour on the chunks of food."
"The bag of moist chunks my owner gets will make it's own gravy when she puts water on them," said Midge. "I love the gravy."
"Wow, gravy?" asked Booker-T. "I've never had gravy on my chicken or fish food. Sometimes she will give me little pieces of chicken when she makes chicken for her dinner and she will put a little of her gravy on it. I love it. and sometimes after she eats the chicken, she will give me the bones to chew on but she don't have them very much. She buys chicken without bones."
"Chicken without bones?" asked Midge. "How do you get chickens without bones. I never heard of a chicken with no bones. Do they have cows without bones too Jake?"
"I don't think so," said Jake. "How would they walk around?"
"I don't know," said Midge. "How do the chickens walk around if they don't have bones?"
"I think they take the bones out of the chicken when they sell it," said Booker-T.
"Oh," said Midge. "Do they sell boneless meat too?"
"Yes," said Jake. "I have seen my owner bring home meat with bones and some with no bones. Think it depends on the kind of meat."
"What are you guys talking about?" asked Gabby as he swooped down from the tree branch above the porch.
"We are talking about food," said Midge.
"I eat berries from the trees and bugs and worms," said Gabby. "Sometimes I can find a house who has a bird feeder out and will eat a lot of good seeds and nuts."
"Oh my," said Midge. "I wouldn't like eating bugs."
"Only certain kinds," laughed Gabby.
"I don't want any kind of bugs," said Midge.
"I guess you would eat them if that was all you had," said Gabby.
"Maybe," said Jake. "But I would have to think about it a lot before I did."
"Where is Susie?" asked Gabby.
"She is coming," said Booker-T. "She was sleeping when I left the house and she was a lot tired last night so I let her sleep later today."
"How is she doing Booker-T?" asked Midge. "Is she okay?"
"She is good," said Booker-T. "She misses her owner but think she will get used to living with me and my owner and she will be okay."
"I'm glad she could come live with you in your house," said Midge.
"Here she comes now," said Jake looking over toward the street.
"Hi everyone," said Susie as she hurried up the steps to the porch. "Sorry I am late this morning, but Booker-T didn't wake me up this morning."
"You were really tired so I let you sleep later today," said Booker-T.
"How are you feeling today, Susie?" asked Midge. "Are you okay now?"
"I'm okay," smiled Susie. "Booker-T and I talked last night and I understand that sometimes humans have to do things that they really don't want to do but it is for the best."
"I know," said Jake. "Sometimes it all don't make sense to us, but I guess it does to them."
"I like being at Booker-T's home now," said Susie.
"It is your home now too, Susie," said Booker-T.
"Yes, Susie," said Midge. "His home is now your home."
"I know," agreed Susie. "And I like it there. It is a very nice home and his owner is really nice to us."
"She is a good person," said Midge. "She is good friends with my owner and she comes over a lot to visit and always brings me a treat when she comes."
"Are we going to sit here all day and talk or are we going to the park to play?" asked Gabby pacing back and forth on the porch railing.
"Lets go play," said Jake.

They hurried down the steps as Gabby flew above and they went to the park to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T