Friday, April 18, 2014

Midge Sees an Alien


Midge ran up the sidewalk to Jake's house and slid through the gate. “Jake!” called Midge. “Jake! Where are you?”

“Hey Midge,” said Jake. “Slow down. I saw you slide through the gate. What is the hurry?”

“Come now Jake,” said Midge. “The aliens have landed!”

“Midge,” said Jake. “The last time you thought aliens landed, it was someone flying an air balloon. Is it another big balloon?”

“No Jake,” said Midge. “These are real aliens. I saw them at the store.”

“What were they doing at the store?” asked Jake.


“I don't know,” said Midge. “I saw them outside of the store about to go inside.”

“And did they say, “Take me to your leader””? Asked Jake.

“Very funny Jake,” said Midge. “I really did see the alien.”

“Describe the alien to me Midge,” said Jake.

“What alien?” asked Booker-T as he hurried up the steps. “Sorry for over-hearing you, but what alien are you talking about?”

“You haven't see an alien?” asked Midge.”

“No,” said Booker-T. “Have you seen one, Jake?”

“Not me,” said Jake. “Midge is the one with the imagination.”

“It's not my imagination,” said Midge. “I really saw one this morning.”

“Do you think he is still there?” asked Booker-T. “Maybe we could go check it out Jake.”

“Maybe,” said Jake. “Where did you see this alien?”

“You know that little store down the street from me?” asked Midge.

“Yes,” said Jake. “That's Bag and Save.”

“That's the place,” smiled Midge. “I saw the alien go inside when I was coming here.”

“Maybe he is still there,” said Booker-T. “Come on lets go check it out.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “Come on Midge lets go.”

The three ran down the sidewalk to the little store and stood staring in the big window in the front of the store.

“Do you see the alien?” asked Jake.

“No,” said Midge. “Not yet. Keep looking.”

“What does he look like?” asked Booker-T.

“Well, he was gray and shiny,” said Midge.

“Gray and shiny?” laughed Jake.

“Are you laughing at me?” asked Midge.

“No,” smiled Jake.

“Midge,” said Booker-T. “We wouldn't laugh at you Midge, but a gray shiny alien does sound a little strange, don't you think?”

“I guess it does sound strange,” said Midge. “But I really did see him.”

“Jake,” said Booker-T with his nose pressed against the window. “Look inside.”

Jake pressed his nose against the window and peeked inside. There stood a little gray shiny man at the counter and looked like he was talking to the lady behind the counter.

“What do you see?” asked Midge joining them at the window. “Oh I see the alien. That is what I saw.”

“Wow,” said Jake. “You were right.”

“What do you think he wants here?” asked Midge.

“I don't know,” said Jake. “Do you want to go ask him what he wants?”

“No!” said Midge. “I'm too scared to talk to him. Do you want to ask him?”

“No,” said Jake. “I think we just watch him and see what he does. And did you forget, we are dogs and can't talk to whatever that is.”

“Run around the corner,” said Booker-T. “Here comes the alien now.  And I'm not a dog Jake. I'm a cat.”

"Oh, I forgot," said Jake.  "Never mind that.  Lets check out this alien."
 
The three ran around the corner of the little store and stood staring toward the front door as the shiny gray man came outside. He walked along the sidewalk toward the park. The three followed him trying to stay back far enough so the alien didn't see them.

As they neared the park, Jake said, “Look over there Midge,”

“Oh my,” said Midge. “Is that his space ship?”
“Maybe,” said Booker-T. “Come on, lets get closer. I want to see it.”

“You can go,” said Midge. “I will wait here for you.”

“You want to go with me Jake?” asked Booker-T.

“Are you sure you want to go up there?” asked Jake. “I don't know if it is safe.”

“He's not acting strange,” said Booker-T. “I think we will be okay.”

“How do you know that?” asked Jake. “

“Lets go Jake,” said Booker-T. “I will go by myself if you don't go with me.”

“I'm coming,” said Jake as he slowly started following behind Booker-T.

“Jake, you are bigger than I am,” said Booker-T. “We are animals. I don't think the alien wants us.”

“What does he want?” asked Jake.

“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “We will go listen and see if we can find out what the alien wants to do here.”

“You two be careful,” said Midge. “I'll wait here for you.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “We will be back soon.”

Midge stood behind the tree and watched as jake and Booker-T crossed the park to the big silver object that stood near the pond. As they got closer, Jake saw the alien laying on a blanket near the big object.

“Do you see him?” asked Booker-T.

“He's laying on a blanket over there near the big object,” replied Jake.

“Are you sure we should go up there?” asked Booker-T.

“It was your idea,” said Jake. “I didn't want to come here.”

“If you don't want to go, we can go back with Midge,” said Booker-T.

“We are up here now,” said Jake. “It looks like he is sleeping. Come on we will get closer and see what we can see.”

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “I'm right behind you.”

“What happened to your brave idea to check him out?” laughed Jake.

“I'm not brave Jake,” said Booker-T.

“Why did you act so brave?” asked Jake. “We didn't have to come here.”

“We are here now,” said Booker-T. “Lets go check him out.”

“Hey you two,” said Midge. “What are you doing? I've been back there waiting for you.”

“What are you doing here?” asked Booker-T. “I thought you were going to wait back there for us.”

“I got tired of waiting back there by myself,” said Midge. “I want to go with you and see what the alien wants. Can we go?”

Jake looked back toward the silver object and then at Booker-T and Midge. “Okay Midge,” said Jake. “If you really want to go with us, lets go check this guy out.”

The three slowly walked to where the alien was laying on the blanket near the big silver Object.

“What is that big thing Jake?” asked Midge.

“I think it is a flying saucer,” said Jake.

“How do you know?” asked Booker-T.

“I saw one of them on TV the other day,” said Jake.

“In a movie?” asked Midge.

“No,” said Jake thinking. “I saw it in a commercial.”

“A commercial?” asked Midge. “What kind of commercial would an alien flying saucer be in?”

“Oh my goodness,” said Jake. “I know what he wants here?”

“What does he want Jake?” asked Booker-T.

“How do you know what he wants?” asked Midge.

“He is going to be at the grand opening in town,” laughed Jake.

“What grand opening?” asked Booker-T.

“I saw it on the commercial,” said Jake. “There is a new Hamburger joint opening near the school and the commercial says that they will come from miles away just to eat their hamburgers.”

“From outer space?” asked Midge.

“Yes,” said Jake. “At the grand opening they are going to give away free hamburgers all day with the purchase of a drink with fries.”

“Oh wow,” said Midge. “That's cool. Can we go get a hamburger?”

“How will we pay for a drink and fries?” asked Jake. “We don't have any money.”

“Oh, that's right,” said Midge. “Can we go watch the alien tomorrow?”

“Sure,” said Booker-T. “I would like to do that too.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “We can do that. Now can we go play?”

“Sure,” laughed Midge. “Now that we solved the mystery of the alien.”

“You have a big imagination, Midge,” laughed Jake. “Being friends with you is sure interesting.”

“Thanks Jake,” smiled Midge. “Lets go play.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T