Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Weather is Changing

Good morning Booker-T,” said Midge as she came into the room where Booker-T was curled up in the chair near Snappy's tank. “Good morning Snappy.”
Hi Midge,” said Booker-T as he stretched and jumped down from the chair. “Hi Snappy.”
Did you sleep good last night?” asked Midge.
I did,” said Booker-T “And now that I know all is good with my owner and she will be back in a week, I was able to rest good.”
That's good,” smiled Midge. “I knew all was okay. I just felt it was going to be okay.”
You are so smart Midge,” said Booker-T.
No,” said Midge. “I'm not that smart all the time. When my owner is talking, I always listen.”
I guess I should listen when mine talks,” said Booker-T.

It helps sometimes to listen,” said Midge. “Sometimes she talks about something I don't understand. But if you listen to what is going on, you learn things.”
Did your owner already leave for work?” asked Booker-T. “I don't remember seeing her come through the living room this morning but I was sleeping really good.”
She is getting ready and should be here in a few minutes to give us something to eat,” said Midge.
Midge's owner came through the living room on her way to the kitchen, calling Midge and Booker-T to follow her. Midge and Booker-T hurried to follow her into the kitchen.
Hey girl,” she said as she patted Midge on the head and then patted Booker-T on the head. “Hey Booker-T. I hope you are comfortable here with Midge and I.”
She filled their bowls with their food and set the on the floor for them and filled their water bowls with fresh water.
Got to run, girl,” she said patting Midge on the head again. She picked up her purse and briefcase and headed out the door.
Your owner is really nice Midge,” said Booker-T. “I'm glad she is friends with mine.”
I know,” said Midge. “We both are lucky.”
I think Jake is lucky too,” said Booker-T. “He is always happy where he lives.”
He is always happy,” agreed Midge. “We should go to Jake's so we can go play.”
Okay,” smiled Booker-T. “How did you meet Jake? He lives on a different street.”
When we were just puppies, our owners used to walk us in the park on a leash,” said Midge. “I met Jake when we went for a walk one evening.”
That's just wonderful,” said Booker-T. “I'm glad I met you and Jake. It was pretty lonely sometimes living in a back alley and was pretty cold in the winter.”
Lets go,” said Midge. “Jake will be waiting for us.”
Okay,” agreed Booker-T as he followed Midge out the doggie door.
The two hurried along the sidewalk making their way to Jake's house.
Hi Jake,” called Midge as she strolled up on the porch.
Hey you two,” said Jake. “How are you this morning Booker-T?”
I am better this morning and now that I know all is good with my owner and she will be back in a week, I feel good,” said Booker-T.
Good,” smiled Jake. “Are we going to the park this morning?”
Yes,” said Midge. “I'm ready to go run and play.”
Hey you guys, what are you doing this morning,” called Gabby as he flew down and landed on the porch railing.
Hi Gabby,” said Jake. “We are going to the park to run. What are you doing?”
I'm just flying around and enjoying this good weather,” smiled Gabby. “We are supposed to get frost soon in the early mornings.”
Frost?” asked Midge. “Oh, the ground will be cold when we go out walking around.”
You are lucky you can fly above the ground and don't have to get your little feet cold in the frost,” said Booker-T.
But sometimes I have to land on the ground to find food to eat,” said Gabby. “But sometimes am lucky and can find places that have bird feeders where I can get something to eat without landing on the ground. I think you need little socks on your feet to stay warm.”
Have you ever wore socks on your feet?” asked Booker-T.
Oh no,” laughed Gabby. “Who would put socks on my feet? I don't have an owner who takes care of me like you do. I”m out here all by myself to try and stay warm.”
Oh Gabby,” sighed Midge. “I feel bad sometimes because you don't have a nice warm home to get into when it is cold outside.”
It's okay,” said Gabby. “I found a nice place I can get into near the school and it is warm in the winter and the people have a nice big bird feeder out for me to eat from. My little friend goes there with me so am not alone.”
You are staying here this winter?” asked Booker-T.
Since we found this nice place to stay in,” said Gabby. “My friend don't want to make that long flight south.”
I guess it is a long way to go just to get warm,” said Midge. “I'm glad you found a warm place to go into when it gets really cold. Maybe you can fly over the neighborhood and learn where all the bird feeders are so you will know.”
My friend and I did some of that yesterday,” smiled Gabby. “This afternoon we are going to do a little more searching of the neighborhood. By the time it gets really cold, we will know where all of them are.”
Do you like the snow?” asked Jake.
I do,” said Midge. “I love to run in it for a little while, but then it gets cold on my feet.”
I think the snow is pretty when it is floating gently to the ground,” smiled Booker-T. “But is is cold on my little feet.”
I guess the snow will be coming soon now,” said Midge. “Winter is coming. It is okay but I like the warm weather better don't you?”
Oh yes, I do love the warm weather with the pretty flowers and green grass,” said Jake. “We will spend more time at home in the winter.”
We can spend more time visiting with Snappy when winter snow comes,” said Midge. “I know he will be happy to spend time with us.”
That is a good idea,” agreed Jake. “It is so nice and warm in the house. Sometimes you can come in my house and we can lay around and nap in the warm house.”
Ha ha Jake,” said Midge. “You sure do like to sleep when the weather is cold.”
I love to sleep,” laughed Jake. “Come on, lets go run to the park.”
The three took off at a run along the sidewalk with Gabby flying above them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T