Friday, April 24, 2015

Into the Water Park

Midge!” called Jake as he strolled through the gate into her front yard. “What are you doing?”
I am just sitting here watching them work over there at the water park,” said Midge. “They turned on the water now.”
Are they checking it all out before they open it?” asked Booker-T as he hurried into the yard and sat next to Midge.
That slide is really big Jake,” said Midge. “I want to slide down that slide and go splashing into the water.”

That would be fun,” smiled Jake. “I think I would like that too. How about you Booker-T?”
I want to try it too,” agreed Booker-T. “Do you think we can get into the park and try it out?”
We have to wait til those workers go home,” said Jake. “They wouldn't let us get on the slide if we tried to get in there now.”
I think our owners will be home before those workers go home,” said Jake. “How will be get in there to slide down the slide?”
Can you sneak out of the house after they go to bed and no one will know,” suggested Midge.
Do you think that is a good idea?” asked Booker-T. “If our owners woke up, they would be very upset with us.”
Do you ever go out late at night to take care of business?” asked Midge.
I don't,” said Booker-T.
You have the nice box in the house,” said Midge. “Jake and I have to go outside and take care of our business.”
If my owner don't lock up the doggie door, I can sneak out,” said Booker-T.
Does she lock it up at night?' asked Jake.
Sometimes,” said Booker-T. “I have the box in the house so she will lock up the door so I don't go outside.”
Why?” asked Midge.
She wants to keep me safely inside at night,” said Booker-T. “Did you know that she had another cat one time?”
I don't know,” said Midge. “When did she have another cat?”
I think it was long time ago,” said Booker-T.
How do you know she had another cat?” asked Jake.
I saw a picture of her and the cat,” said Booker-T. “It was a little black one.”
Where did you see the picture?” asked Midge.
Her friend was looking at her picture book and saw it,” said Booker-T. “She asked her about the cute little black kitten in the picture. My owner told her that she had it for about 4 months when it ran out and got hit by a car.”
Oh,” gasped Midge. “How sad!”
That is terrible,” said Jake. “So sad. Is that why she locks you in the house at night?”
I think so,” said Booker-T. “Sometimes she will forget to lock the little door. So I will come with you to the water park if she doesn't lock the door.”
Okay,” agreed Jake. “I will come after my owner goes to sleep.”
What time does she go to bed?” asked Midge.
I think it is about 10:30 pm on week nights,” said Jake. “Because she has to get up early for work. We can't be out late.”
We won't stay late,” said Midge. “I just want to slide down the slide one time.”
What time does your owner go to bed?” asked Jake.
She usually goes to bed about 10:00 pm,” said Midge. “Same reason as yours does. She has to get up for work in the morning. I will wait on the porch for you.”
I will come as soon as she lays down for sleep,” said Jake.
I'm so excited,” said Midge. “This will be so much fun.”
Have you ever slid down a slide before?” asked Jake.
Yes,” smiled Midge. “I slid down one of the slides at the school before it broke and they took it down.”
Was it fun?” asked Jake.
It was lot of fun,” laughed Midge. “I got on it many times.”
This slide over there is a lot bigger Midge,” said Jake. “We could get hurt.”
We will splash into the water,” said Midge. “It will sure be fun.”
But how will we explain being wet when we go home if our owner wakes up?” asked Booker-T.
They might think that someone had their sprinklers on at night,” said Midge.
But how did we get wet in our own backyards?” asked Jake. “They might get upset with us if we leave our yards at night.”
Hmmm,” said Midge. “I didn't think of that.”
You forgot we will be wet when we go back into the house?” asked Jake.
I guess I was so excited about sliding on that big slide that I forgot about getting wet,” said Midge.
Do you want to forget about it?” asked Jake.
No,” said Midge shaking her head. “I really want to try that big slide. Maybe we will dry off before morning and our owners will never know.”
Maybe,” said Booker-T.
I will be here,” said Jake. “But how are we going to get in there?”
Maybe we can dig under the fence and get in,” said Midge.
But won't that take a long time to dig?” said Booker-T. “By the time we dig a hole big enough for us to sneak in, it will be morning.”
Maybe we need to rethink this thing,” suggested Jake.
It is right over there close to my house,” said Midge. “Let me run over there tonight and check it out and then decide how we want to do it.”
You want to go over there by yourself?” asked Jake.
It is close to home,” said Midge. “I should be okay out there and it won't take me long to check it out.”
Maybe no one will notice if we walk over there now and walk around the fence and check it out,” suggested Booker-T.
Good idea Booker-T,” smiled Jake. “Come on, lets go.”
Okay,” agreed Midge. “Be careful of that big truck when we get over there.”
They are unloading benches from that big truck,” said Booker-T.
The three hurried across the street to the water park and slowly walked around the fence checking it for a place that would be easy to go through. “Look Jake,” said Midge. “Here is a spot we might be able to get through easy.”
Okay,” said Jake. “We might be able to sneak in here with little digging.”
You will come tonight so we can try?” asked Midge.
I will come,” said Jake.

The each agreed to meet after their owners went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T