Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Water Park Plan

Good morning Midge,” said Jake as he hurried up the sidewalk to the porch where Midge was sitting. “What are you doing?”
Watching them putting up that big fence over there,” said Midge. “It is really big one.”
Maybe because the water would be dangerous if a kid was to fall in and drown,” said Jake.
But they don’t have a big fence around the pond in the park,” said Midge. “Why do they put up such a big fence around the water park?”
I don’t know,” said Jake. “I never thought about that.”
Kids play at the pond all the time without big people there,” said Midge. “Don’t that sign on the big fence say that they can’t go in there without some adult being with them?”

Jake turned around and read the sign that was posted on the Fence. “All Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.”
Does that mean the water park is dangerous?” asked Booker-T as he joined Jake and Midge.
Maybe,” said Midge. “I thought a park was a fun place to go.”
I think they are fun,” said Jake. “But maybe they can be dangerous.”
Have you ever seen a water park before?” asked Midge.
No,” said Jake. “I thought it was a park with lot of water to swim in.”
I never saw one either,” said Midge. “Have you ever seen one Booker-T?”
No,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “I guess we have to wait til they build it so we can see what it is.”
They sure have a very big fence around a swimming pool,” said Midge.
We don’t know if it will be a swimming pool or what it is,” said Jake. “Maybe they will have it finished soon and we will know.”
Do you still want to sneak in and slide on the pool slide, Midge?” asked Booker-T. “Maybe you can hurt in there.”
Naw,” said Midge. “I will be careful. But I don’t know how we will sneak in yet. That is a really high fence. We will never find anything to use to climb over it.”
Maybe you and Jake can dig a hole under the fence,” suggested Booker-T.
We could do that,” smiled Jake. “I’m a real good hole digger.”
I know,” said Midge. “You dug a really good hole when we snuck into the circus tent to see the show.”
That one was easy but this big fence is going to be hard to get under I think,” said Jake. “Are you sure you want to try and sneak into that water park when it is ready?”
Maybe,” said Midge. “I guess I will wait and see what it looks like when they are finished with it.”
Do you know when it will open?” asked Booker-T.
I don’t know,” said Midge. “Can you see the date on the sign, Jake?”
Wait and I’ll go read it,” said Jake.
Jake ran across the street to where the sign was standing about the water park. He read the sign and hurried back. “It will open in about two months Midge,” said Jake.
Okay,” smiled Midge. “That won’t be long now. But they will have it ready before it opens. Maybe we can sneak in and have a swim before they open it.”
We can try,” said Jake. “Do you want to go to the park and swim in the pond today?”
Do you want to go in and say hi to Snappy before we go to the park?” asked Booker-T. “I want to go see him.”
Sure,” smiled Jake. “Lets go.”
The three friends ran to the backyard and entered the kitchen through the doggie door. They hurried across the room and into the living room..
Hey Snappy!” called Booker-T.
Hi you guys,” greeted Snappy. “What are you three doing?”
We are going to run to the park and swim in the pond,” said Jake. “Do you want to go with us?”
No,” said Snappy. “Thanks for asking me but I like it here and have my friends Jimmy and Sammy to talk with.”
How are your new little friends?” asked Jake.
They are always talking,” said Snappy. “And guess what they can do?”
Dig holes?” asked Midge.
They can sing,” smiled Snappy.
Oh wow,” said Jake. “Singing ants. That is great. I bet they keep you entertained.”
They are fun,” said Snappy. “I do miss the pond at the park sometimes, but you would have to put me in the wagon if I went to the park.”
I don't mind pulling you in the wagon if you want to go Snappy,” said Jake.
Thanks Jake,” said Snappy. “I know you will, but I think it is better to stay here and now I have Jimmy and Sammy to talk to when you are gone.”
Okay, Snappy,” said Midge. “We will see you later, Okay.”
Sure,” said Snappy. “Have fun.”
Bye,” said Booker-T as the three went into the kitchen and out the doggie door.
I'm glad Snappy is happy with his new friends,” said Jake. “At least he is never alone here.”
I know he misses the pond at the park sometimes,” said Midge. “I know it would be hard to go to the park with us. Wow, singing ants.”
Ha ha ha,” laughed Jake. “Singing ants. I want to hear them sing one day.”
Maybe we can get them to sing for us tomorrow,” said Booker-T.
Think they would help us dig a hole into the water park?” asked Midge.
It would take them a year to dig in there Midge,” laughed Booker-T. “Did you forget how small they are.”
I guess you are right,” said Midge. “Those ants in the yard are really fast at digging into the ground. Thought maybe Sammy and Jimmy could get their friends and we could all dig.”
Think we better stick to you and I digging and Booker-T will probably help us,” smiled Jake. “Won't you Booker-T?”
Sure Jake,” said Booker-T. “I can help, but we will need to dig before dark. After I go in the house, my owner locks the little doggie door along with the big door so I don't go out at night.”
Okay,” agreed Midge.
Lets go swimming and we will worry about the water park later,” said Jake.

They all agreed to talk about it later as they hurried along the sidewalk to the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T