Friday, June 17, 2016

Snappy Visits With Friends

Booker-T ran over to Midge's house and slipped into the house through the back doggie door.
“Hey Midge!” called Booker-T. “Where are you?”
“Hi Booker-T,” greeted Midge as she entered the kitchen. “What are you doing?”
“I saw your owner leave so came to see Snappy,” said Booker-T.
“Snappy will enjoy seeing you, said Midge. “Come on.”
The two entered the living room and crossed the room to where Snappy's tank sat on the table in front of the window. The sun shone through the window and Snappy was sitting on top of the small log in his tank enjoying the sunshine. Booker-T leaped into the chair beside the tank and placed his paws onto the glass.
“Hi Snappy,” greeted Booker-T.

“Hey there Booker-T,” smiled Snappy. “It is so good to see you. I haven't seen you in a while.”
“I know,” said Booker-T. “Sorry. I will try to come over more often to see you.”
“What are you doing?” asked Snappy.
“Nothing,” replied Booker-T. “Came over to find out if Midge wants to go to the park again today.”
“I'm happy you came in to see me before you go to the park,” said Snappy.
“Do you want to come with us?” asked Midge. “I'm sure Jake will pull you in the wagon.”
“Thanks for asking me,” said Snappy. “But I think I will stay here. Tell Jake to come see me.”
“We will tell Jake,” said Booker-T.
“What are you going to tell me?” asked Jake as he came strolling into the living room.
“Hi Jake,” said Snappy.
“Hey there Jake,” said Midge. “We were just talking about you.”
“I heard my name when I came in,” smiled Jake. “What were you talking about?”
“Snappy wanted us to tell you to come see him,” said Midge.
“Okay,” smiled Jake. “I'm here Snappy. How are you?”
“I was just sitting in the sun coming through the window,” said Snappy. “I love the sun.”
“Do you want to go to the park with us?” asked Jake. “I can pull you in the wagon if you want to go.”
“It would be so nice to see the pond,” said Snappy, “But I don't think I should go. If there are lot of people there, someone might step on me, I'm so little.”
“Oh Snappy!” gasped Midge. “That would be be very bad. I don't want you to get stepped on.”
“Me too,” said Booker-T. “I didn't think about that when Midge asked if you wanted to go. You are safer staying here.”
“I didn't think about that either,” said Midge. “I think you should stay here in your tank. You are safe there.”
“I'm happy in my little tank,” said Snappy. “Our owner makes it so nice with new flowers and rocks and gives me good food.”
“We miss you at the pond,” said Booker-T. “But I know you are safer here.”
“Midge said you had a new friend,” said Snappy.
“Oh yes,” said Jake. “Our new friend is a little bird, named Bitsy.”
“Her momma is our new friend too,” said Midge. “She's a cute little bird.”
“Where do they live?” asked Snappy.
“Jenny said they live in a nice garden in a red house,” said Midge.
“Who is Jenny?” asked Snappy.
“Jenny is Bitsy's momma,” said Jake.
“That's nice,” said Snappy. “Maybe some day you can bring Bitsy to meet me.”
“Sure,” said Midge. “When she comes here the next time, we will bring her in to meet you.”
“Okay, good,” said Snappy.
“Are you ready to the go the park?” asked Jake.
“I'm ready,” said Midge.
“Me too,” agreed Booker-T.
“We are going now,” said Jake. “Enjoy your sun, Snappy.”
“I will,” said Snappy. “I'm going for little swim in my little pond too.”
“Hey, Snappy!” said Booker-T. “What happened to your two little friends, Jimmy and Sammy?”
“They had to go,” said Snappy. “They had to go help their families with work. They said they would come back later.”
“Okay,” said Booker-T. “Do you miss them?”
“I do miss them,” said Snappy. “It was nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. Midge talks to me a lot when she is here.”
“Booker-T and I will come see you when we come to see Midge,” said Jake.
“Okay,” said Snappy. “Are you going swimming at the park today?”
“Yes,” said Jake. “It is hot outside today. The water will feel good.”
“I'm lucky,” said Snappy. “I have water right here for me all the time.”
“I wish we had a pond in the back yard,” said Midge. “Then we wouldn't have to go to the park.”
“Maybe you can dig one,” suggested Snappy. “Don't you dig good holes, Jake?”
“Jake can dig really good holes,” said Midge. “But I think our owners would not like us to dig holes in the yard.”
“Oh,” sighed Snappy. “A pond in the backyard would be nice.”
“I know,” said Midge. “Then we could go swimming every day and still be home.”
“Do they have pictures of ponds in the magazines?” asked Midge.
“Why do you want a picture of a pond?” asked Jake.
“If I had a picture,” said Midge. “Maybe I could lay it so my owner would see it.”
“Do you think a picture would help?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Sometimes she knows.”
“Maybe she don't want a pond in the yard,” said Jake.
“Maybe if we find a pond with flowers and all around it,” said Midge. “She likes flowers.”
“That's a good idea,” said Snappy. “She does like flowers.”
“Are there any magazines in here?” asked Booker-T.
“Wait,” said Midge as she ran from the room.
In a few minutes, Midge came walking back with a magazine in her mouth. She dropped it onto the floor in front of Jake and started turning the pages with her paw. She found a garden picture of flowers and a small pond.
“Here is a nice pond, Jake,” said Midge. “I will leave it open to this page so she can see it when she comes home.”
“Good,” smiled Jake.
“Lets go to the park and take a quick swim now,” said Booker-T.
The three said good-bye to Snappy and took off running to the park for a short swim.
“We will be back soon,” shouted Booker-T as they ran out the door.


1 comment:

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T