Thursday, December 21, 2017

Midge and a Trip

 Jake hurried along the sidewalk on his way to Midge's house. As he started to pass the small cafe along the way, he stopped to smell the hamburgers cooking on the grill inside.
Oh,” thought Jake. “They sure do smell good. I really wish I had one now.”
After a few minutes, he started walking to Midge's house again. As he neared the fence gate where Booker-T lives, he slowed down and stood a few minutes looking around for Booker-T.
“Hey Jake!” called Booker-T as he came around the house from the back yard.
“Hey Booker-T,” greeted Jake. “Lets go see hat Midge is doing.”
“I'm coming,” said Booker-T as he joined Jake outside the gate. “I saw you up the street at the cafe. Were you begging for food?”

“The hamburgers smelled so good when I was passing by so I stopped to smell them and it sure made me hungry for some,” said Jake. “I didn't try to beg some though.”
“They do smell good,” agreed Booker-T. “When the wind blows this way, it always smells wonderful.”
“Lets go see Midge,” said Jake as he turned to go to the house with Booker-T following close behind.
The two entered the yard though the gate and Gabby met them when he swooped down from the tree above and landed in front of them.
“Hey Gabby,” said Jake. “What are you doing?”
“I was flying around and saw you sitting in the parking lot of the cafe,” said Gabby.
“I was enjoying the smell of the wonderful hamburgers they make,” said Jake.
“Did they give you one?” asked Gabby.
“No,” frowned Jake. “I really wanted one, but I didn't beg for one. I just sat sniffing the air.”
“Look at Midge,” said Booker-T. “She doesn't even realize we are here. Do you think she knows we are here?:
Jake and Gabby looked toward the front porch and saw Midge pacing back and forth. They walked to the porch and sat down.
“Hey Midge,” said Jake.
Midge kept pacing back and forth.
“Hey Midge!” called Gabby as he leaped up and landed on Midge's head.
“Hey Gabby,” said Midge. “What are you doing?”
“Hi Midge,” greeted Booker-T.
“Hi you guys,” said Midge. “How long have you been here?”
“Not too long,” said Jake. “Why are you pacing back and forth like a caged animal?”
“I was deep in thought,” said Midge.
“What in the world would you be so deep in thought about?” asked Jake.
“I want to go to Florida,” said Midge.
“Florida!” said Booker-T. “Why?”
“My owner was watching this show about traveling and Florida looked like a really nice warm place to be,” said Midge.
“Is your owner going to move to Florida?” asked Gabby.
“Oh no” said Midge. “She just likes the show about different places. She likes it here. She loves the snow.”
“Why do you want to go to Florida?” asked Jake.
“No snow!” laughed Midge.
“That would be a good thing,” said Jake. “Maybe we can all go to Florida.”
“It's a long way for me to fly,” said Gabby. “But I could do it, I think”
“Teach us to fly Gabby,” said Midge. “I want to fly to Florida.”
“You can't fly Midge,” laughed Jake. “Remember what happened when you tried it one day. You aren't built right for flying.”
“But I want to go to Florida where it is warmer,” said Midge.
“You can fly in a plane,” suggested Gabby.
“But how do I get a ticket?” asked Midge. “I don't have any money.”
“I guess you can't go,” said Booker-T. “No money, no ticket.”
“Maybe I could borrow some money,” said Midge.
“Who will loan a dog money?” asked jake.
“My owner's piggy bank has money in it,” smiled Midge. Lets go see.”
They followed Midge into the house and into the bedroom..
“Hi Snappy,” called Jake as they passed through the living room.
“Hi guys,” said Snappy as he watched them disappear into the bedroom.
Midge sat down in front of the dresser. “See there is the piggy bank.”
On the dresser stood a cute little pink piggy bank.
“How do we get the money out of it?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake.
“We have to beak it,” said Gabby.
“Oh no!” said Midge. “We can't break my owner's piggy bank. She would be angry with me.”
“Well, I think your Florida trip just got cancelled,” said Jake.
“I think so too,” signed Midge looking at the piggy bank. “Lets go to the park.”

They all agreed and hurried outside to go to the the park.

1 comment:

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T