Thursday, February 22, 2018

New Friends at the Zoo


The three friends walked along the sidewalk to the zoo building. In the yard next to the building, they saw many people gathered there.
“What are they doing?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake. “Lets walk over there and see.”
They hurried across the street as more and more people continued to come to the area. In the yard were several walk-in pens. In one pen, they saw three little billy goats. In another pen they could see two baby pigs and the third pen had two donkeys and a pony. Kids were inside the pens petting the animals.
“What are they doing?” asked Midge.

Jake noticed a sign on the side of the building and along the sidewalk.
“It says that it is a petting zoo and the kids can come to pet some animals,” read Jake. “They will be here for the next two days.”
They walked around the pens and poked their noses in through the wires. A little billy goat came to the fence and pressed his little nose against Midge's nose.
“Hi,” said the little goat. “Who are you and why are you out there?”
“I'm Midge,” said Midge. “And I'm a dog. Who are you?”
“I'm Billy,” said the little goat. “Why are you out there. Why don't you come in here with us?”
“I don't live in a pen, said Midge.
“I don't live in a pen either,” said Billy. “I live on a farm with my friends here.”
“I live in a house,” said Midge. “you don't have a house?”
“I live in something called a barn,” said Billy. “This is my friend, Jelly.”
“That's a funny name,” said Midge. “I am here with my two friends, Jake and Booker-T. “Do you know those other animals too?”
“Oh yes,” said Billy. “We all live on the same farm. Jelly and I are goats and over there is Dixie and she is a goat too. We like to play with the kids.”
“Who is in the other pens?” asked Midge.
“The two little pigs are Pinky and Willie,” said Billy. “The two donkeys are Midnight and Sunshine and the little pony is Samson. We all like the kids. Sometimes they come to the farm to see us there and sometimes our owner takes us to different places so the kids can come and pet us.”
“You have lot of friends,” smiled Midge.
“Who is this?” asked Jake as he and Booker-T walked up and joined Midge.
“This is Billy,” said Midge. “These are all his friends. They all live on a farm together.”
“Hi Billy,” said Jake. “I'm Jake and this is Booker-T. We are friends too.”
“Maybe you can come to see us at the farm,” suggested Billy. “The farm is nice and we have lot of fun there.”
“Where is your farm?” asked Jake. “We know a big farm where there are cows and a couple horses and a big bull.”
“I don't know where the farm is,” said Billy. “Look on the side of the truck. It is parked in the back I think.”
“Wait here Midge,” said Jake as he took off running. “I will go find the truck.”
In a few minutes Jake came back to the pen and joined Midge and Booker-T. “There is a big truck with the name 'Anderson Farms' on the side.”
“That is our farm,” said Billy.
“I don't know where it is,” said Midge. “And I don't know the name of the farm we go visit across the street from the skateboard ramp.”
“Our farm is near a skateboard ramp and I think there is a post office near it too,” said Billy.
“We can come visit the farm and see if you are there,” said Booker-T.
“I would like that,” said Billy. “When you come to the farm, you can meet all my friends.”
“We will come to see you one day soon,” said Jake. “ Maybe we will come in a day or two. We are always looking for things to do.”
“I think we will find out okay,” said Midge. “We go all over the town. Our town is small.”
“Can my friends and I come to your farm too?” asked Billy.
“We don't live on a farm,” said Midge. “We each live in a different house.”
“I don't think your owner will let you go to someone's house,” said Booker-T. “We will come and see you.”
“Okay,” smiled Billy.
“It was nice to meet you Billy,” said Midge. “We are going home now.”
“Okay,” said Billy. “Bye bye.”
Billy stood and watched the three walk away and in a few minutes he turned back toward the kids who were laughing and petting all his friends.


1 comment:

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T