Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween Fun


“Hey Midge!” called Jake as he hurried through the gate to Midge's house.
Booker -T was sitting on the porch with Midge.
“What are you two doing?” asked Jake.
“We were talking about all the kids who came to the house on Halloween night,” said Midge. “Did any come to your house?”
“A lot of them came and my owner had this big bowl of candy and she gave the kids candy when they came to the door,” said Jake.
“My house too,” said Booker-T. “I saw kids dressed like Superman, like a ghost, batman, a funny minion and lot more.”
“Did you wear a costume too?” asked Midge.

“My owner dressed me like a big dinosaur so I could stand at the door when she answered it,” said Jake. “The kids all laughed at me but this one little boy was little scared because he thought I was a real dinosaur.”
“Dinosaurs are scary,” said Booker-T. “Did you dress up Midge.
“Oh yes,” said Midge. “I was dressed like a ballerina. My owner made me a skirt of pink lace and she called a tutu.”
“Funny name, tutu,” said Booker-T.
“I know,” laughed Midge. “Why not just call it is skirt?”
“What were you Booker-T?” asked Jake.
“I was a poodle,” laughed Booker-T. “An orange and black poodle.”
“That must have been funny,” laughed Midge. “I would love to see you look like a poodle.”
“Booker-T, the poodle,” said Jake. “I bet you were cute.”
“I think so,” said Booker-T. “Why do kids dress up in all these costumes?”
“My owner was watching this show on the History channel one night,” said Jake. “And they said the people wore costumes to scare off ghosts.”
“I didn't know you could scare a ghost,” said Midge.
“I didn't either,” said Jake. “I thought the ghosts came to scare us.”
“The kids are so funny with their costumes,” laughed Booker-T. “It was fun to sit at the door and watch them.”
“The humans across the street from our house,” said Jake. “Had a big party in their back yard with everyone wearing a costume and dancing and eating and they were sticking their heads into big tub of water and some came out with an apple in their mouth.”
“An apple?” said Midge. “Why were they doing that?”
“I heard one of the kids say something about bobbing for apples,” said Jake. “What is bobbing?”
“I don't know,” said Midge. “I never saw anyone doing it.”
“Not very many of them put their heads in the tub and came out with an apple,” said Jake. “It must be really hard to do.”
Midge started laughing and fell over on the ground.
“What is so funny Midge?” asked Booker-T.
“I had this funny picture in my head when we were talking about this bobbing for apples,” laughed Midge. “My owner's dad wears these false teeth and I pictured him putting his head in the water and trying to bite the apple and his teeth stuck in the apple and he lost them in the tub of water.”
“Oh,” laughed Jake. “That would be so funny.”
“I guess before you go bobbing for those apples,” said Midge. “If you wear false teeth, you better glue them in the mouth first.”
Booker-T was rolling on the ground laughing at the picture in his head of someone's teeth stuck in the apple.
“What are you laughing at?” asked Midge.
“I have this picture in my head of an apple with someone's teeth stuck in it,” laughed Booker-T. “My owner's grandmother always puts her teeth in a glass of water before she goes to bed.”
“Do they make false teeth for dogs and cats?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake. “I never saw a dog with false teeth.”
“Maybe they can make them,” said Midge. “I like my teeth. I hope I don't have to wear false teeth.”
“Me too,” said Booker-T.
“I don't want any either,” said Jake. “I saw this little girl with fake teeth in her mouth on Halloween night. She looked funny with the vampire teeth.”
“Are there real vampires?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake. “I heard about vampire bats.”
“Oh,” said Midge. “Do we have any of them here in our town?”
“Maybe,” said Jake. “In the mountain caves somewhere.”
“Maybe we can go exploring one day and see if we can find a vampire bat,” suggested Midge.
“Why do you want to find a vampire bat?” asked Jake.
“They could be dangerous,” suggested Booker-T. “And maybe they will bite us.”
“We don't want to go look for them,” said Jake. “Better to stay away from them.”
“Maybe you are right Jake,” said Midge. “I don't want them to bite me either.”
“Why don't they call Mosquitoes vampires?” asked Booker-T. “They bite and draw
blood. They should be called vampires.”
“A little boy who came to the house was dressed like Dracula,” said Jake.
“What is a Dracula?” asked Midge.
“He is a human vampire that is in the movies,” said Jake. “My owner likes the vampire movies. If a vampire bites you, you can live forever in dark.”
“You can't go in the sun?” asked Booker-T.
“No,” said Jake. “The sun will kill you so they sleep in day time and go out in night.”
“The moon don't bother them?” asked Booker-T.
“No,” said Jake. “I don't think so.”
“I'm glad I am not a vampire,” said Midge. “I like the sun shine.”
“Me too,” said Jake. “Only the dark would be gloomy.”
“I don't want to be a vampire,” said Midge. “I want to be a famous ballerina.”
“But I think a ballerina dances on her toes,” said Jake. “That would be hard to do.”
“I can't stand on my toes,” said Midge. “Maybe I can be a ballerina who dances
on their feet and not the toes.”
“You just want to wear the pink thing called a tutu,” laughed Booker-T.
“Maybe I can wear it every Halloween,” said Midge. “That would be okay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T