Friday, November 9, 2018

Human For A Day


Midge walked to Booker-T's house singing “Bibiddi Bobiddi Boo. Put them together and what do you got?”
“Hey Midge,” called Booker-T. “What are you singing? What are you putting together?”
“I don't remember,” said Midge. “I remember if you put them together, you get Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.”
“What is Bibbidi Boo or whatever it is you are singing?” asked Booker-T.
“It's Bibiddi Bobiddi Boo,” said Midge.
“Where did you hear that at?” asked Booker-T.

“It was in a cartoon that my owner's niece was watching last night when my owner was babysitting,” said Midge.
“I like cartoons,” smiled Booker-T. “Was it a good cartoon?”
“It was fun to watch,” said Midge. “This lady in there was waving around a stick and singing Bibiddi Bobiddi Boo and this pumpkin turned into a pretty coach. She turned these mice into four white horses. And she turned a horse into a man to drive the horses.”
“Why didn't see just use the horse?” asked Booker-T. “How did she turn the pumpkin into a coach?”
“She was waving that stick and singing Bibiddi Bobiddi Boo and it just changed like magic,” said Midge.
“Wow,” said Booker-T. “Maybe she was a witch.”
“She told the girl that she was her fairy godmother,” said Midge.
“A fairy?” asked Booker-T. “Like the tooth fairy who changes teeth into money?”
“Does the tooth fairy wave around a stick?” asked Midge.
“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “I have never seen the tooth fairy.”
“I have never seen the tooth fairy either,” said Midge. “My owners niece has talked about the tooth fairy one time. She told my owner that the tooth fairy took her tooth and gave her $1.00 for it.”
“Wow,” said Booker-T. “That is so cool. Do you think the fairy godmother would turn us into a human for a day?”
“Do you know where to find one?” asked Midge.
“No,” said Booker-T. “Maybe Gabby or Jake knows where to find one. Lets go see Jake.”
“I want to be a human for one day,” said Midge.
“What would you do if you were a human?” asked Booker-T as they walked along the sidewalk to Jake's house.
“Humans get to do so much,” said Midge. “They go roller skating, to movies, dancing, riding bikes, jumping rope and lot of things. Wouldn't you like to do some of those things too?”
“What are you wanting to do?” asked Jake as Booker-T and Midge walked up to the porch where he was sitting.
“Midge wants to be a human for a day and do the fun things that they do,” said Booker-T.
“It would be fun,” said Jake. “But that can only happen in our dreams.”
“Maybe there is a godmother fairy somewhere who can change us into a human for one day,” suggested Midge.
“A godmother fairy?” questioned Jake.
“Sure,” said Midge. “There is a tooth fairy. Maybe there is a godmother fairy too,”
“I never heard of a godmother fairy,” said Jake. “Where did you hear about this fairy?”
“It was on a cartoon I saw last night that my owner's niece was watching,” said Midge.
“There you go,” said Jake. “It was a cartoon. Not real.”
“But there could be,” suggested Midge.
“You know cartoons aren't real,” said Jake.
“So I will never be a human?” asked Midge.
“Only in your dreams,” smiled Booker-T.
“Maybe I can go to dreamland and be a human while I sleep,” said Midge.
“Where are you going?” asked Gabby as he swooped down from the tree.
“Hi Gabby,” greeted Jake. “Midge wants to go to dreamland where she can be a human for a day.”
“Do you know any godmothers?” asked Midge.
“There are a lot of godmothers in the country,” said Gabby.
“Are they fairies?” asked Midge.
“I don't know if they are fairies or not,” said Gabby. “The only fairy I have heard about is the tooth fairy.”
“Do the godmothers turn things into other things with a stick?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't think so,” said Gabby.
“How would a stick turn something into something else?” asked Jake.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Maybe it is a magic stick.”
“I don't know anyone who has a magic stick,” said Gabby. “Who told you about a magic stick?”
“She saw it on a cartoon, Gabby,” laughed Booker-T.
“Oh no,” laughed Gabby. “You have been watching cartoons again.”
“What cartoon did you see?” asked Jake.
“I think the name of it was Cinderella,” said Midge. “And this godmother fairy helped her to go to a ball. Did you know they called the dance a ball. Isn't that strange?”
“I think a ball is a fancy dance where everyone is dressed up in fancy clothes,” said Gabby.
“Like formals?” asked Midge. “My owner went to a dance and she wore this fancy dress she called a formal.”
“I think that is what they wear to these balls,” said Gabby.
“I want to be a human and wear a pretty fancy dress and go dancing,” said Midge. “Just for one day.”
“Think about it when you go to bed tonight and maybe you will dream that you are human with a formal dress on,” suggested Gabby.
“But that won't be the same,” sighed Midge.
“I know,” said Jake. “But there are no godmother fairies that will appear and turn you into a human.”
“Dreams sometimes seem real,” said Booker-T. “So it will be like you really are a human for a night.”
“Maybe,” said Midge. “I will think really hard when I lay down to go to sleep tonight.”
“And tomorrow you can tell us all about it,” said Gabby.
“Okay,” said Midge. “I will tell you all about being a human.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T