Friday, December 4, 2020

Surgery

 

Midge walked to Booker-T's house. She hurried through the gate and around the back of the house. "Hey Booker-T," called Midge. "Are you awake?"

"Hi Midge," said Booker-T as he poked his head out the doggie door. "What are you doing?"

"Are you going with me to Jake's house?" asked Midge.

"I'm coming," smiled Booker-T as he came outside. "Why is it so cold this morning?"

"I think winter is on it's way," said Midge. "I saw a little snowflakes this morning early before the sun came up."

"I don't see any snow on the ground," said Booker-T looking around the yard.

"It didn't last long," said Midge. "It only snowed a little and then quit, but I think it is coming."

"I like summer better," sighed Booker-T.

"Me too," said Midge. "My little feet get cold when I have to come outside in the snow."

"Maybe your owner will get you some booties for your feet," suggested Booker-T.

"I have some blue booties in the bedroom," smiled Midge. "I forgot about them. I better find them so my owner can put them on me.

"I have two pairs of booties in the house too," said Booker-T. "I am going to need to wear them too.

"I hope Jake has some booties too," said Midge. "The snow will be cold."

"It already is cold," laughed Booker-T.

"Lets go," said Midge as she started walking to the front of the house and out the gate. Booker-T hurried to catch up to Midge.

"Slow down," said Booker-T. "You are sure in a hurry this morning."

"I want to go see if Jake is doing okay," said Midge.

"What happened to Jake?" asked Booker-T. "He was okay when we were playing with him yesterday."

"He had something called Surgery yesterday afternoon," said Midge.

"What is surgery?" asked Booker-T. "Is it something to play with?"

"Oh, no," said Midge. "You have to go to the vet to get surgery."

"They have surgery at the vets?" asked Booker-T. "I never saw anything there called Surgery on the toy shelf. Is it something to eat?"

"No," said Midge shaking her head. "We have to ask Jake what it is. I never heard of it."

"Lets hurry and go see him," said Booker-T as he started walking faster.

"Hey you guys!" called Gabby as he flew down from above and landed on Midge's head. "Where are you going so fast?"

"We are going to see Jake," said Booker-T.

"Hey, Gabby," said Midge. "You are always so smart about everything. Do you know what this thing called Surgery is?"

"No," said Gabby. "What is it?"

"We don't know," said Booker-T. "We are going to Jake's house to ask him. He said he was going to get some yesterday afternoon."

"Is it some kind of new toy?" asked Gabby.

"Come with us and we will find out," suggested Midge.

"Okay," said Gabby.

Midge and Booker-T started walking again with Gabby flying above. They hurried through the gate into Jake's front yard. Jake wasn't on the front porch.

"Where is he?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge. "Lets go to in the house and see if he is still sleeping."

They hurried around to the back of the house and Booker-T followed Midge through the doggie door. Midge held the door open so Gabby could come into the house with them. They ran through the kitchen into the living room and found Jake laying on the sofa.

"Hi Jake," said Midge.

"Hi you guys," said Jake as he sat up and climbed down from the sofa. "What are you doing?"

"We came to see how you are," said Gabby. "Midge said you got something called Surgery. Is it a new toy?"

"No," laughed Jake. "I had a bump on my back leg that the vet fixed. She my bandage. That is what surgery is."

"Oh," said Midge. "Does your leg hurt?"

"A little," said Jake. "My owner and the vet were talking when she took me there and I heard the vet say he was going to put me to sleep and fix the bump and that I would be okay."

"You have to sleep to get surgery?" asked Booker-T.

"Yes," said Jake. "Fixing the bump on my leg is called surgery."

"That's funny," said Gabby. "Why don't they just call it fixing the bump."

"I don't know.," said Jake. "They just call it surgery."

"Maybe because surgery is shorter to say than fixing a bump," suggested Midge.

"Maybe," said Jake. "But I think surgery is lot of different things."

"Is you leg going to be okay?" asked Booker-T.

"It will be good," said Jake. "My owner has to take me back to the vet tomorrow to check it and take off the bandage."

"Wow, you get to go to the vet twice," said Midge. "I hope your leg will be okay."

"Me too," said Gabby.

"Today, I am suppose to rest and no running around," said Jake. "Do you want to sit with me for a while?"

"Sure," said Midge.

They all sat down and stayed with Jake for a couple of hours until Jake got sleepy and wanted to take a nap.

"We will go and let you sleep Jake," said Midge. "You rest and we will see you tomorrow when you are better."

"Okay guys," said Jake. "It was nice you came to see me."

"We are all friends," said Gabby.

"I'm happy we are all friends," smiled Jake.

"Me too," said Midge.

"We are too," said Booker-T and Gabby.

Midge, Booker-T and Gabby left the house so that Jake could rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T