Friday, March 18, 2022

Going To the Farm

 

Midge, Jake and Booker-T visited with Snappy for a little while and then decided to walk to the farm to meet Lucy. Oscar had invited them to come and meet her.

“We will see you later Snappy,” said Midge as she jumped out of the chair.

“Bye, Snappy,” said Booker-T.

“See you later,” smiled Jake. “You can go with us if you want, Snappy.”

“Oh, no,” said Snappy. “The farm will be a really big place. I might get lost out there.”

“You can stay in the wagon,” suggested Midge. “You will be safe in the wagon.”

“That's okay, Midge,” said Snappy. “I will stay here and you guys go and have fun.”

“Bye,” said Midge as she hurried to follow Jake and Booker-T through the doggie door into the back yard.

They ran around to the front yard and started to run out the gate when Gabby swooped down from the trees and landed on the gate. “Hi Guys,” greeted Gabby. “Where are you guys going?”

“Hi Gabby,” greeted Midge. “What are you doing?”

“I was flying around and came to see what you guys were doing,” said Gabby.

“We are going to the farm,” said Jake.

“Did you go see the little donkey at the petting zoo yesterday?” asked Gabby.

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “He lives at the farm.”

“But today, he will be at the petting zoo, won't he?” asked Gabby.

“Yes,” said Midge. “He told us about a dog named Lucy who lives at the farm and told us to go meet her.”

“We are going to meet Lucy,” said Jake. “Oscar said she looked like Midge.”

“Oh,” said Gabby. “Another Midge!”

“Ha ha,” laughed Midge. “Maybe she isn't like me.”

“Do you think Lucy likes to do human thing too,” said Gabby.

“Maybe she does,” smiled Midge. “That will be fun.”

“I don't know if the world is ready for two Midge dogs,” laughed Jake.

“Jake!” said Midge. “”We need a lot of Midge dogs in the world.”

“We have a hard time here with one,” laughed Booker-T.

“That's okay Midge,” said Gabby. “We all love you. You do make life interesting.”

“That's right,” agreed Jake. “Things would be really boring without Midge.”

“Come on with us to the farm, Gabby,” said Midge.

“Okay,” agreed Gabby. “I have got to see this dog who looks like Midge.”

“Oscar said she isn't the same color,” said Midge. “Just the same kind of dog.”

They all started walking with Gabby flying above. The humans were playing with their skateboards on the ramps as they passed by.

“You know,” Jake,” said Midge.

“Forget it Midge,” said Jake.

“You don't know what I was going to say,” sighed Midge.

“Sure I do,” said Jake.

“What was I going to say?” asked Midge.

“You wanted to ride the skateboard,” said Booker-T. “You always talk about riding it when we pass the ramps.”

“How do you know?” asked Midge. “Maybe I was going to say something else.”

“Because you always want to ride it,” said Jake. 'But you aren't good enough to ride the skateboards.”

“I can do good,” said Midge. “I just need to practice.”

“You keep falling off,” laughed Booker-T.

“But I try,” said Midge.

“Yes, you do,” said Jake. “But you spend most of the time, laying on your back with your feet in the air.”

“Come on, lets go meet Lucy,” said Booker-T.

They hurried along the sidewalk to the farm.

“Wow, Jake,” said Midge. “Look at the big truck. What are they doing?”

“What does it say on the side of the truck, Jake?” asked Booker-T.

“It is some kind of moving truck,” said Jake.

“Is the farm moving?” asked Midge.

“I don't know,” said Jake. I don't think they can move a whole farm. Lets go talk to the cows. They will know what is going on,.”

They three ran across the field to the barn where all the cows were standing around and talking. On the other side of the fence the two horses stood listening to the cows.

“Hi Betsy,” greeted Midge as they walked up to the cows. “What are you guys doing?”

“Hi there Midge,” smiled Betsy. “We are talking about the farm.”

“Are they moving the farm?: asked Midge. “We saw the moving truck near the house.”

“Oh no,” said Betsy. “The farm is going to stay here.”

“What is the moving truck doing here?” asked Booker-T.

“The humans who took care of the farm sold it to someone else with all of us animals,” said Betsy.

“Why?” asked Jake. “Does that mean you have new owners?”

“I heard them talking to the new human owners that they had to sell the farm because someone was sick and they have to move to another state,” sighed Betsy.

“That is sad,” said Midge.

“I hope the new owners will take good care of all of you,” said Midge.

“I think so,” said Betsy. “They own the petting zoo animals so we will have more friends to play with on the farm. They have a dog who looks like you Midge. Her name is Lucy.”

“She is at the house,” said Daisy.

“I see her coming this way now,” said Gabby.

Lucy walked up to where everyone was standing.

“Hi,” smiled Lucy. “Who are you?”

“Hi,” said Midge. “I'm Midge and these are my friends, Booker-T, Jake and that's Gabby.”

“I'm Lucy,” said Lucy. “My owner just moved us here to the farm. What are you doing here?”

“We met Oscar, the little donkey,”said Jake. “He told us to come meet you.”

“Will you come and play with me at the farm sometimes?” asked Lucy. “I didn't have any friends where I used to live.”

“Sure,” smiled Jake. “We all will come to play with you.”

“So, I will be your friend too?” asked Lucy.

“Yes,” said Jake. “Maybe sometimes you can come to the park with us to play.”

“I would like that,” said Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T