Friday, September 16, 2022

Too Much Rain

 

Midge ran out of the bedroom and leaped into the chair next to Snappy's tank and jumped onto the back of the chair. She stuck her nose over the top of the tank and looked around the tank for Snappy.

Hey there Snappy,” said Midge. “Where are you?”

Snappy poked his head out from under the log and then crawled up the log and sat on top.

Hi Midge,” smiled Snappy. “What are you doing?”

I just woke up and ate my breakfast,” said Midge. “Did you see outside?”

What is outside?” asked Snappy.

It is raining out there,” sighed Midge. “Very hard rain.”

You like to play in the rain,” said Snappy.

I do,” said Midge nodding her head. “But this is raining very hard and the wind is blowing.”

Maybe you can stay in the house and just watch the rain through the window,” suggested Snappy. “Then you will stay dry.”

Rain, rain, go away,” sang Midge. “Come again some other day. Little Midge wants to play.“

That is a cool song,” laughed Snappy.

Do you like that song?” asked Midge. “I heard my owner's niece sing it one time. She was singing it when it was raining hard outside and she couldn't go out to play.”

I like it,” said Snappy.

Me too,” smiled Midge. “But I want the rain to go away. Jake was going to come to the house with Lucy and Booker-T.”

What were you going to do today?” asked Snappy.

We were going to walk to the park and play in the pond,” said Midge. “Now we can't go.”

You were going to get wet at the pond?” asked Snappy.

Yes,” said Midge.

You can still get wet,” said Snappy. “Just walk outside in the rain. Instead of swimming in the pond, you can just run around the yard in the rain. It will be fun too.”

Maybe,” said Midge. “That might be fun. If Jake comes to the house in the rain, maybe we will just play in the rain. I think I'm going to go to the front porch and wait for them.”

You know it is raining outside,” said Snappy.

I know,” said Midge. “I'm going to go get wet.”

Midge jumped out of the chair and ran to the kitchen and crawled out the doggie door into the heavy rain. In the back yard, she saw a small pond created from all the rain. Midge ran and leaped into the pond and stomped around splashing the water all over the place. Then she ran to the front yard and as she hurried around the corner of the house, her feet slipped out from under her and she slid across the wet yard and bumped into the bushes. She quickly stood up and walked to the front porch and shook herself off and jumped into the swing and laid down to watch the rain and wait for Jake and Lucy. In a few minutes she saw Booker-T running fast from his house to hers. He ran through the gate and up the steps to the front porch.

Hi Midge,” said Booker-T. “It is raining too hard out there this morning. I am really wet just running to your house. Why are you wet?”

Well, let me see,” laughed Midge. “My doggie door is in the back door so to get out here in the front, I had to run around the house in the rain.”

Oh yes,” said Booker-T. “I guess you did. Ha ha ha.. I'm kidding.”

The rain made a little pond in the back yard too and I splashed in it before running around to the front yard,” said Midge.

We can play in your back yard pond,” said Booker-T.

We can or we can run around the yard in the rain,” said Midge. “But we have to be careful running fast around the corner.”

Why?” asked Booker-T.

I ran too fast around the corner of the house and my feet slipped out from under me and I slid into a bush,” said Midge. “The wet grass gets slippery.”

That can be fun too,” said Booker-T. “We can run really fast and then sit down and slid across the grass.”

We can try it,” smiled Midge as she stood up.

Hey Midge,” said Booker-T. “Why is your bottom green?”

I'm green?” asked Midge.

Yes,” said Booker-T.

Oh no,” said Midge.

What happened?” asked Booker-T.

I slid on the grass and now I have a green bottom,” sighed Midge. “Do you think it will wash off?”

I don't know,” said Booker-T. “Maybe we don't want to slide on the grass.”

Maybe we will just run around in the rain and splash in the little pond in the back,” said Midge.

Good idea,” agreed Booker-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T