Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Randy Joins the friends


“Hello Randy,” said Midge as she approached the tree beside the pond. “How are you?”

“I am good,” said Randy.

“We haven't seen you around here lately,” said Jake. “What happened to you?”

“I was a few blocks away with my brothers,” said Randy. “This is first time I have been to the park in long time.”

“I know,” said Booker-T. “We missed you.”

“Have you seen Snappy this morning?” asked Jake.

“Yes,” said Randy. “He is across the other side of the pond taking a nap. He got tired of waiting for you to come and said he was going to take short nap.”

“Oh,” said Midge. “We were waiting for Susie and Crystal.”

“You have two new friends now,” said Randy. “That is nice.”

“Yes,” said Jake. “Randy, this is Crystal and this is Susie.”

“Hi Crystal,” said Randy. “Hi Susie. I am happy to meet you. Midge will always find someone to be friends with.”

“Susie, Crystal,” said Jake. “This is Randy. He hasn't been around in long time. We didn't know what happened to him.”

“Oh wow,” said Crystal. “You have a lot of different friends. That is so amazing.”

“They really are amazing,” said Susie. “I never was friends with dogs before or birds and turtles. They have a lot of different friends.”

“And now you get to meet a squirrel,” said Randy. “We are all different but Midge has helped us learn that we can all be friends no matter who we are.”

“I like to have friends and I don't care if they are different,” said Midge.

“That's right,” said Jake. “We enjoy all our friends.”

“I'm learning a lot since I met Booker-T,” said Susie. “I am glad we are all friends. This is more fun than being afraid of others.”

“Hey you guys,” said Snappy as he swam up to the shore of the pond. “How are you this morning? You are late.”

“Sorry Snappy,” said Susie. “It was my fault they are late. They were waiting on me. I just got home from vacation.”

“I heard you were on vacation for a while,” said Snappy. “It is good to see you back. Did you meet Randy?”
“Yes,” said Susie.

“I did too,” said Crystal.

“Good,” smiled Snappy. “We were waiting for you to come so we can go swimming.”

“I am ready to go swimming,” said Susie. “I was very hot where we were last week. The cool pond will feel good this morning.”

“Lets go dive in,” said Snappy.

“I will beat you in the water,” shouted Jake as he took off running for the pond.

“I'm right behind you,” said Midge as she jumped into the water. “Come on in Crystal.”

“My owner might not like it if I get wet,” said Crystal.

“It will be okay,” said Booker-T. “We will play for little while and then lay under the tree and dry off. You will be nice and dry when you go home.”

“Are you sure?” asked Crystal.

“Sure,” said Midge. “No problem. We all play for a little while and then we rest under the tree to dry off before we go home.”

“Okay,” smiled Crystal as she slowly walked into the water. “Oh, it feels good.”

“Come on in Randy,” said Snappy.

“No, not today,” said Randy. “I will sit here and watch you play.”

“What is wrong Randy?” asked Midge. “Are you okay?”

“I'm good,” said Randy. “But don't feel like swimming today.”

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “But the water feels really good today.”

“I was sick yesterday so don't want to get wet today,” said Randy.

“Oh,” said Jake. “Are you okay today?”

“I'm good,” said Randy. “But don't want to get wet today. Maybe next time you come to swim in the water, I will go in with you all.”

“Okay Randy,” said Midge. “I am happy you are feeling better today. It is really good to see you. We sure missed you around here.”

“Thanks Midge,” said Randy. “I missed you all too.

They all played in the water for about an hour and then found a good spot beneath the tall tree to rest and dry off. The air felt good.

“That was fun,” smiled Crystal. “I love to swim in the water.”

“Me too,” said Midge. “This is fun when the weather is hot.”

“Do you think I will be dry when we go home?” asked Crystal.

“Oh sure,” said Susie. “We are always dry when we go home after swimming.”

“Good,” said Crystal. “I don't want my owner to get upset with me because I am wet.”

“You will be fine Crystal,” said Jake.

They closed their eyes and ejoyed the cool breeze blowing across the pond. In a couple hours they were ready to start for home for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T