Friday, March 21, 2014

Midge is Feeling Sad

Midge hurried down the stairs and jumped onto the big chair near the tank where Snappy called home. "Good morning Snappy," smiled Midge.
"Hi Midge," said Snappy. "How are you this morning?"
"It is good today," said Midge. "The sun is out and some of the snow is starting to melt."
"That is good," said Gabby. "Good morning Midge and Snappy."
"Yes," said Midge. "That means that Spring maybe on the way. Won't the warm weather be nice?"
"I will be happy to see Spring come," said Gabby. "It has been a long cold winter this year I think."
"Is your owner going to work today?" asked Snappy. "I would like to see Jake and Booker-T."

"Yes," said Midge. "She is upstairs getting ready and will be down here in few minute."
"Oh good," said Gabby. "I'm hungry."
"Gabby," laughed Midge. "You are always hungry. I don't think you ever get full, do you?"
"I like to eat," said Gabby. "I know you do too, Midge."
"Oh no," said Midge. "Not like you do. I do get full sometimes."
Midge's owner came down the stairs ready for her work day.
"Hey Midge," said her owner. "Come on with me and I will get you some breakfast for you and your little friends."
Midge jumped from the chair and ran to catch up to her owner. She sat beside her as she filled her bowl with food and fixed the bowl of fresh water. She set the food down for Midge and then took the other food to the living room to feed Snappy and Gabby. She checked on Gabby's wing. "I think your wing is much better little one. When the warm weather gets here, you will be able to fly just fine. And you my new little friend, We need to clean out your home here and give you some fresh water and maybe a few new logs for you to sit on. We will do that tonight when I get home."
Midge finished her breakfast and ran to the living room where her owner was putting on her coat to leave for the day. she leaned over and patted Midge on the head. "Good bye girl and no more trying to get into the pantry after your food, okay,"
Midge jumped into the chair and watched as her owner pulled the car out of the driveway and left for work. As soon as her car turned the corner, she saw Jake come running across the yard with Booker-T. She ran to the kitchen just as they were coming through the door. "Hi guys!" smiled Midge.
"Hi Midge," said Jake. "We wanted to apologize for getting you in trouble yesterday."
"We didn't mean to," said Booker-T.
"All is good," said Midge. "But she did tell me before she left not to try and get into the pantry again."
"We have some sad news Midge," said Jake.
"What sad news?" asked Midge. "Are you two okay?"
"We are fine," said Booker-T. "Remember Misty?
"Oh yes, Booker-T's little friend down the street," said Midge. "I like Misty too. I haven't seen her in about three weeks."
"I know," said Jake. "Misty got sick and was in the cat hospital for a while."
"Is she okay Jake?" sighed Midge.
"She came home last night and Booker-T saw her going into the house," said Jake.
"I ran over there and tried to talk to her," said Booker-T. "She said she was sick and would talk to me another time."
"Oh, that is sad," said Midge. "I will go see her and find out if I can help her in any way. I've missed her but didn't know where she was."
"We didn't either," said Jake.
"I thought she moved since I didn't see her anymore and when I called her at the door she never came," said Booker-T.
"I thought maybe she moved too," said Midge. "That is so sad she has been sick. I hope she will be feeling better really soon."
"Me too," said Booker-T.
"Do you remember Misty, Gabby?" asked Midge.
"I remember," said Gabby. "She was Booker-T's cute little friend. I hope she will be okay."
"I know her owner loves her so I am sure she got good care at the cat hospital," said Booker-T. "I stayed one night there after my new owners took me in and the people there were really nice to me."
"I've never been there," said Midge.
"Of course not," laughed Jake. "It is a cat hospital and not for dogs. Did you forget you are a dog?"
"Oh, that's right," said Midge. "Ha ha ha. I forget that sometimes."
"We can all go see her together," said Jake. "I think that would cheer her up to know we care about her and want her to get well soon."
"She just got home yesterday so we should wait a couple days and then go see her," said Booker-T.
"Good idea," said Midge.
Midge and Jake jumped onto the sofa for a short nap and Booker-T curled up in the big chair near Snappy's tank. "How are you doing Snappy?" asked Booker-T. "I like your new home here."
"Me too," smiled Snappy. "It is nice and Midge's owner is going to clean it out tonight and give me some fresh water and new little logs for me. She made it so nice for me."
"That's good," said Booker-T. "And how about you Gabby. Do you like it here too?"
"I really like the house and it is so warm inside," said Gabby. "But soon Spring will be here and I will be okay outside til next winter."
"I will be sad to see you go outside," said Midge. "I know you like it in here, but I guess you are an outside bird. I hope she will let you come inside next winter."
"Me too," said Gabby. "I think she might not believe I have an injured wing again."
"If she don't bring you inside," said Midge. "We will have to think of something else to try."
"Midge," laughed Jake. "You are always planning something sneaky."
"Ha ha," laughed Midge. "I guess I am. But am so happy that my being sneaky helps someone else."
"And thanks for getting us a nice warm place to stay for the winter," said Gabby.

"I thank you too," smiled Snappy. "You are such a good friend." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T